Norfolk Southern freight train derails in Gaston County

Aug 7, 2012 Full story: News & Record 6

No one was injured and streets closest to the railroad bed are expected to be reopened by Tuesday afternoon, after the damaged train cars are removed.

Full Story
Shawn Goodson

Gastonia, NC

#1 Aug 7, 2012
God was looking out for Cramerton and the city's close by . It not something you see everyday that close to home .Thank God that there was no on killed or injured !
Shawn Goodson

Gastonia, NC

#2 Aug 7, 2012
That is something you don't see everyday that close to home there were about ten to twelve car's on that train all smashed together .God was looking out for people and the houses on 8th Ave. In Cramerton and the house's on Mayflower !It's the first time in my life time i have every seen something that bad !
Kintra

Casar, NC

#3 Aug 14, 2012
Don't you think you ae over playing it Shawn!!
lucy

Gastonia, NC

#4 Aug 18, 2012
I live here and it could have been a lot worse. It's not something you see everyday, and I am so thankful there was not liquid in the cars. But yes Kintra, these tracks are very close to homes and roads. I personally walk my dogs along the sides of these tracks to stay off the narrow roads. As of today, the railroad cars are still there.
Bruce

United States

#5 Feb 3, 2013
I live right beside train tracks i have to drive beside the tracks on the same rocks the tracks sit on just to get to my house when the trains go by sometimes it vibrates our house. I am always worried a train could possibily derail into my house.
Wise one

Belmont, NC

#6 Feb 3, 2013
Bruce wrote:
I live right beside train tracks i have to drive beside the tracks on the same rocks the tracks sit on just to get to my house when the trains go by sometimes it vibrates our house. I am always worried a train could possibily derail into my house.
Why would you buy a house right on top of the tracks? Hope you never plan to sell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mecklenburg County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mecklenburg prepares for flood of gay marriage ... Oct '14 Rainbow Kid 10
Brittney Kerr Sep '14 Kayleigh 1
Gay leader arrested after Moral Monday rally Sep '14 Abrahammock Relig... 50
American Airlines worried sales tax hike could ... Jun '14 Uncle Si 1
9 Investigates: Online dating dangers for women (May '14) May '14 dizzyprincess 1
Lincolnton police captain ending storied career (Apr '14) Apr '14 remembering 1
Three same-sex couples request, are denied marr... (Oct '13) Oct '13 ApePeeD 4
More from around the web