Red Dirt Alert: a rediscovery along F...

Red Dirt Alert: a rediscovery along Freedom Drive

There are 2 comments on the Charlotte.com story from Mar 9, 2008, titled Red Dirt Alert: a rediscovery along Freedom Drive. In it, Charlotte.com reports that:

It's been 37 years since Allenbrook got a new apartment community, the Park Fairfax on Freedom Drive near Paw Creek.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charlotte.com.

Mark Andrew Smith

United States

#1 Aug 14, 2008
Hmmmmm. Notice the sign touting the development is gone...The grass is all grown up...nothing seems to be happening with thr Beryhill project and another development slated for the corner of Morehesd & Freedom seems to have fallen to the wayside...Lotta' talk about revitaliing the west side but the city has over a century of thumbing its nose at us. I still can't forget Phat McCrory referring to the westside as a "corridor of trash." Don't hold your breath, westsiders!
def

Wichita, KS

#2 Aug 14, 2008
The market has made the conclusion that there is not enough return in investing in developments in that part of the city. You can't blame the city government on that. Blame the west side residents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mecklenburg County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DWIs ensnare many aliens (Sep '08) Apr '15 For Americans 18
News Charlotte is largest city with no lobbying disc... Feb '15 FLW 1
News Mecklenburg prepares for flood of gay marriage ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Rainbow Kid 10
Brittney Kerr (Sep '14) Sep '14 Kayleigh 1
News Gay leader arrested after Moral Monday rally (Sep '14) Sep '14 Abrahammock Relig... 50
News American Airlines worried sales tax hike could ... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Uncle Si 1
News 9 Investigates: Online dating dangers for women (May '14) May '14 dizzyprincess 1
More from around the web