AT&T technology still on hold in Belmont

AT&T technology still on hold in Belmont

There are 13 comments on the The Gaston Gazette story from Feb 11, 2009, titled AT&T technology still on hold in Belmont. In it, The Gaston Gazette reports that:

Will the city take an active role in the placement of utility equipment? City council has been grappling with that question for a month.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Gaston Gazette.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#1 Feb 12, 2009
There are several issues here:

1. The utility has a legal right to put up its equipment. But it also has an ethical obligation to the community.

2. Citizens have the right to be satisfied with incursions onto their property.

3. Citizens need, and some want, more competition in the cable TV and communications services offered. It's good to have the choices.Time Warner has been a virtual monopoly for cable and high speed internet. This new offering will be good for local consumers.

There has to be a suitable compromise. Let's do some aesthetics around the boxes, try to put them in the least obstructive location, and have a company official available to be contacted by the affected property owner. Maybe the company could offer reasonable compensation for use of the property.

This is not a time to roadblock business - not in this economy. AT&T provides jobs in our area, and they provide valuable services. I hope the problems can be worked out without hostility.

Location hidden

#3 Feb 12, 2009
It's always good to hear someone pleased with a service. We might wish to try it someday. I want to stick with AT&T for two reasons - 1) my alarm system needs a land line 2) The phone works when the power is out. I'd really like to bundle my cable and internet with my phone.
TheCableGuy

Rockingham, NC

#4 Feb 12, 2009
nugeme wrote:
It's always good to hear someone pleased with a service. We might wish to try it someday. I want to stick with AT&T for two reasons - 1) my alarm system needs a land line 2) The phone works when the power is out. I'd really like to bundle my cable and internet with my phone.
I have my land line with AT&T, but their bundled pricing remains to be seen. I doubt they will substancially cut TWC's fees. That would be unwise especially considering the costly equipment they require just to provide the services.

DirectTV folks are so nice on the phone to deal with and the prices don't keep inching up every month or so like TWC's! My customer service experiences with AT&T have been very similar to those of TWC. They both reak of big business out of touch with their customer base.

Location hidden

#5 Feb 12, 2009
Good points, but I want to see the offer. Money and service offerings will tell the tale.
Pro-American

Charlotte, NC

#6 Feb 12, 2009
From what i hear, the TV side is GREAT! You can record a show on the TV in the family room and play it back on the TV in the bedroom, or vice versa. You can also record up to 4 shows at one time from any TV. I have an AT&T phone line already with TWC cable/rr. Can't wait to get rid of TWC and go with AT&T U-verse!

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room...
simply Oz

Midland, NC

#7 Feb 12, 2009
From a technical aspect, I have heard nothing but great reviews from customers that are using it. The only thing that I have heard a complaint about is the lack of TWC news channel 14. If it comes my way, I will dump TWC so fast it is not even funny.
Pro-American

Charlotte, NC

#8 Feb 12, 2009
Just got my AT&T U-verse packet in the mail today. Now if we can just get a "few" residents to quit whining about the boxes, maybe we can get some service. The "few" must work for TWC!

Location hidden

#9 Feb 12, 2009
Anxious to see mine - if they ever come my way!
Mixed Reviews

Rockingham, NC

#10 Feb 12, 2009
Don't get too excite guys, the reviews are mixed!

http://www.google.com/search...

Since: Jan 09

Charlotte, NC

#11 Feb 12, 2009
I've had U-verse for 2 weeks now & we love it!
simply Oz

Midland, NC

#12 Feb 12, 2009
Mixed Reviews:
I would have never guessed that when you do a search for "AT&T's uverse service sucks" that you would find negitive reviews.
TheCableGuy

Rockingham, NC

#13 Feb 13, 2009
you don't have to look 2 hard to find the proliferation of negative reviews on the new AT&T service and yes many agree it sux.

http://www.fiercetelecom.com/story/att-s-u-ve...

read it and weep..
Mobile Poster

United States

#14 Feb 13, 2009
I could post just as many positive reviews- means little. Let the consumer decide.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mecklenburg County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News McCrory signs bill to undo Charlotte's non-disc... Mar '16 Yakitori 14
News The Latest: North Carolina senator defends marr... (Dec '15) Dec '15 WeTheSheeple 4
News North Carolina National Guard medic shoots intr... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Advents 1
Tamil women/girls are too bossy (Oct '15) Oct '15 Girl 1
Looking to connect with the Comic Book Communit... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Colossalarts 1
News Leveling the playing field: Airbnb starts colle... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Sabrina 4
News Belmont City Council votes to fire police chief (Jun '15) Jun '15 Just Saying 5
More from around the web