Mecklenburg Co. to Extend Benefits to Same-Sex Couples

Full story: Fox 8 WGHP 9
North Carolina's largest county will offer domestic partner benefits to employees in same-sex relationships beginning in 2011. Full Story
What A shame

Mooresville, NC

#1 Dec 16, 2009
Glad I dont live in Mecklenburg Co.
Go Charlotte

United States

#2 Dec 16, 2009
What A shame wrote:
Glad I dont live in Mecklenburg Co.
Another step towards EQUALITY. Straight people will have to learn to share after all!
kEVIN

Greensboro, NC

#3 Dec 16, 2009
WOOT I AM SO HAPPY
randy

Greensboro, NC

#4 Dec 16, 2009
why not every thing else is going down the tubes!!!!
Disgusted

Greensboro, NC

#5 Dec 16, 2009
SICKENING!!! If marriage between same sex couples isn't allowed in NC, how can they allow this???

What is this world coming to? I know, an end...very soon!!
Sickened

United States

#6 Dec 16, 2009
I was more shocked that there are already other local governments doing this. Sickening just plain sickening, I guess this is more of that "change" we got to look forward to.
JMC

Morrisville, NC

#7 Dec 16, 2009
haha gotta love all you god-fearin' rednecks.
tiredofliberals

Yadkinville, NC

#8 Dec 16, 2009
JMC wrote:
haha gotta love all you god-fearin' rednecks.
Yes, I love God, and I fear God in the very respectful way I should. I do not love same-sex people, and I certainly don't fear them. I just think, as I have every right to think, they are sick, misguided, mixed-up people who claim they're "normal" and deserve the same benefits as legally married couples. They're not, and they don't. I refuse to say that I "understand" them and that I think their perversions are okay simply to pacify the liberal minded people in this world. I refuse to be politically correct about anything when it is perfectly clear to any sane Christian that these people and their perversions are morally and physically wrong and indecent. Now rant on what you will in your reply to this. I could NOT care less what you have to say. Nothing said by an idiot or a person with a moral deficit has ever interested me in the least.

Since: Oct 09

Winston Salem, NC

#9 Dec 23, 2009
tiredofliberals wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I love God, and I fear God in the very respectful way I should. I do not love same-sex people, and I certainly don't fear them. I just think, as I have every right to think, they are sick, misguided, mixed-up people who claim they're "normal" and deserve the same benefits as legally married couples. They're not, and they don't. I refuse to say that I "understand" them and that I think their perversions are okay simply to pacify the liberal minded people in this world. I refuse to be politically correct about anything when it is perfectly clear to any sane Christian that these people and their perversions are morally and physically wrong and indecent. Now rant on what you will in your reply to this. I could NOT care less what you have to say. Nothing said by an idiot or a person with a moral deficit has ever interested me in the least.
.....yet again, another so called "christian" that wants to pick and choose which portion of their little black book they want to believe and to follow! Oh and tired...I'm no idiot and certainly have no moral deficit! Peace and Love!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mecklenburg County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mecklenburg prepares for flood of gay marriage ... Oct 13 Rainbow Kid 10
Brittney Kerr Sep 25 Kayleigh 1
Gay leader arrested after Moral Monday rally Sep '14 Abrahammock Relig... 50
American Airlines worried sales tax hike could ... Jun '14 Uncle Si 1
9 Investigates: Online dating dangers for women May '14 dizzyprincess 1
Lincolnton police captain ending storied career (Apr '14) Apr '14 remembering 1
Three same-sex couples request, are denied marr... (Oct '13) Oct '13 ApePeeD 4

Mecklenburg County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE