No Budget or Strategy Yet: Bond backers face 2 hurdles

Jul 13, 2007 | Posted by: Charlotte.com | Full story: Charlotte.com

“One question you won't have to ask me is if I'm going to vote no, like I did in 2005. I'm going to vote yes for the bonds.”

Co-chairs Eulada Watt, LuAnn Tucker and Bolyn McClung launched Mecklenburg County's bond campaign Friday at the renovated Dilworth Elementary School.

A controversial $516 million bond proposal for Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools will be the centerpiece of their effort. They'll also urge voters to approve $30 million for Central Piedmont Community College and $35.6 million to buy land.

The trio said they don't yet have a budget or strategies to avoid a repeat of the 2005 school bond defeat. Read more

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Esther Blasingame

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2007

You don't need to waste money on a budget or strategy. People are tired of sugar coating efforts. The average homeowner is fed up and wants to see some accountability for funds already in the system. I told my church fund raising committee the other day that the church had become a "money grab". I was told it takes money to run a church. My answer was to "let it walk a while".
Life

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2009

?????
Sister 3

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2010

?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••