Judge Raises Bond on Fugitive DWI Suspect

Full story: Fox 8 WGHP 11
A judge in Mecklenburg County raised the bond Thursday on a man charged with driving drunk and felony death by vehicle after he posted bond six years ago and never appeared in court. Full Story
fastrack

Greensboro, NC

#1 Jun 10, 2010
Here is another fine example of the system. When caught he needs a ball and chain while in prison, learn English during prison term, then deported!!!!!
eagle

AOL

#2 Jun 10, 2010
here again is the judicial system showing its flaws. Why in 2004 would any sane judge release an illegal immigrant? The judge should be removed from the bench
WTF

Benson, NC

#3 Jun 10, 2010
Why are illegal immigrants allowed bond? Okay, he broke the law to get here and he broke the law by drinking and driving but they let him post bond. Why? Did they really think he would abide by the law and show up for court?
Jeff Brown

Burlington, NC

#4 Jun 10, 2010
How many times does this have to occur before the Feds will do their job!! It is unacceptable that "illegals"(instant lawbreakers) who, on a daily basis are costing people their lives through drunken driving, murder, rape, robbery, and the good old drug smuggling escapades are welcomed with open arms. This criminal should serve life in prison for taking an innocent life, and then deported back to his home country for his funeral.
Retired Police Officer

High Point, NC

#5 Jun 11, 2010
Everytime I look at this guys picture it really makes me mad. Just the look on his face tell me that he could care less about the devastation he has caused this family. I am not so sure I would deport him though.. Having found a way to get in illegally the first time I am sure he could / would do it again. No I think we should go ahead and fry his butt in the electric chair and then deport his remains. I am glad to hear that the judges may have gone.. Ooops.. Might should raise his bond based on his history.. Ya think?
snewsom

Winston Salem, NC

#6 Jun 11, 2010
Jeff Brown
Graham, NC

"How many times does this have to occur before the Feds will do their job!! It is unacceptable that "illegals"(instant lawbreakers) who, on a daily basis are costing people their lives through drunken driving, murder, rape, robbery, and the good old drug smuggling escapades are welcomed with open arms. This criminal should serve life in prison for taking an innocent life, and then deported back to his home country for his funeral."

You are right in that the Feds need to step up and stop welcoming these criminals with "open arms". However I disagree with you about his punishment. To put him in jail here for life would be yet another waste of our taxes and resources. I say eye for an eye, he should be put to death for his crimes committed against this family that has lost a father and husband. His only crime was driving to work to support his family, yet he paid the ultimate price for this illegal immigrant's actions.
To all of you who read this and think that I am "to harsh" on this poor citizen from another country who pulled himself from a poverty stricken land to seek opportunity in this country to succeed. GET OVER IT! This is a piece of trash that has gotten here ILLEGALLY and not only has killed one of our own, but has also worked the system to his advantage to escape his crimes and undoubtedly has taken advantage of other resources that legitimate U.S. citizens could use. By the way if you commit crimes in other countries, they have no problem punishing you to the fullest extent of their laws even to death. Save your bleeding heart cries for someone else.
The Truth

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Jun 11, 2010
WTF wrote:
Why are illegal immigrants allowed bond? Okay, he broke the law to get here and he broke the law by drinking and driving but they let him post bond. Why? Did they really think he would abide by the law and show up for court?
Illegal Immigrants are allowed bond so they WILL flee, instead of standing trial and receiving a suspended sentence and a slap on the wrist. The powers that be know that they'll run and go by an alias that closely resembles the name of an Hispanic celebrity that once portrayed a member of the California Highway Patrol. If allowed to stand trial, the public might put 2 & 2 together and come to the conclusion that illegal immigrants get away with murder on a daily basis. As a fugitive living under a new name, he or she may somehow attain citizenship and the right to vote, and will likely support those in favor of open borders, amnesty, and world government. 99.9% of the time they just keep committing crimes until they are caught again, and some poor cop who mistakenly believes his job is to uphold the law figures out who the guy is, and he is held for his old charges. When this happens, a judge that is sympathetic to the cause will jump in and quietly give the guy a super-low bail, hoping that this time the idiot will finally learn that when he gets out again, he should lay low until enough of his kind are eligible to assist in voting away the rights of Americans. They can only pray that the liberal media will play ball and keep it hush-hush, but every once in a while they slip up, and public opinion is swiftly displayed in public forums such as these. Most judges, having nothing better to do than sit up all night with a bottle of liquor/prescription pain medication and their computers, read through the comments and discover that despite all of the pointless vaccinations and the sodium-flouride they've put in the water, they haven't dumbed the public down enough yet to allow this one to slip by. They immediately up the bond and alert the media, instructing them to write follow-up articles, and reminding them that their purpose is to MISLEAD the public unless told otherwise. You may think that this theory is a little out there, and that's what they're banking on.
TRUTHER33

High Point, NC

#8 Jun 11, 2010
I don't get it. How can they even consider bond after he didn't show up last time? WTH is wrong with our justice system?
TRUTHER33

High Point, NC

#9 Jun 11, 2010
I bet I have an answer. Whenever something like this (second bond) happens, the Judge's name who allowed it ought to be advertised. If they knew they would be held accountable in the next election, half the criminals out there would still be in the tank. Goes for parole boards, too.
Cindy

Durham, NC

#10 Jun 11, 2010
Just fry his sorry a s s NOW. Don't bother with a trial and incarceration - more cost to U.S. taxpayers. We already pay enough for these filthy illegal alien bas t ards to break our laws, have their litters and we support them.

And why the heck was he allowed to post bail at all? He's a freakin illegal alien dirtbag. NO BAIL! He should have been executed 6 years ago. Period.
hmmmmmm

High Point, NC

#11 Jun 11, 2010
the poor wife actually gives credit to this guy like he actually cares or even has a conscience.
this person is a sociopath ( sp sorry ) he has remorse and does not give a da_mn. they picked him up on assult charges, I Mean c'mon , did everybody catch that little aspect of the story.

If we don't fry him, i hope he makes bond, and ends up doing harm to one of the " untouchables " family members, so maybe this " issue " hits a little closer to them, and they actuallly decide to DO SOMETHING about it.

THis whole " ILLEGAL " issue is getting WAY out of hand

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mecklenburg County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay leader arrested after Moral Monday rally Sep 7 Abrahammock Relig... 50
American Airlines worried sales tax hike could ... Jun '14 Uncle Si 1
9 Investigates: Online dating dangers for women May '14 dizzyprincess 1
Lincolnton police captain ending storied career Apr '14 remembering 1
Three same-sex couples request, are denied marr... (Oct '13) Oct '13 ApePeeD 4
Bus Of Fourty-Three Soldiers Overturns In NC (Sep '13) Sep '13 DC Truth 2
Drescher: Gov. McCrory says journalists are dumb (Aug '13) Sep '13 Keefer 6
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••