Byron Darnell is new GHS principal - 15 Minutes Ago

Jun 4, 2010 Full story: Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY 8

Glasgow went all the way to Logan County to find its new high school principal. Byron Darnell was named the new principal Friday.

Read more

Since: May 10

Glasgow, KY

#1 Jun 6, 2010
His "strengths are in the areas of curriculum and instruction"?! What the heck is that supposed to mean? As opposed to having strengths in stand-up fighting and Greco-Roman wrestling, I assume. OK, congratulations. You're a teacher whose strengths are in teaching. My question is this: teaching what? Teaching how? Teaching whom? Teaching where? I mean, just who in the hell is this guy, anyway? Who does he think he is? I don't know how they do things in Russellville, but he'd better be prepared to actually do something at GHS.
Kate

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Jun 6, 2010
He is a good man. He is a textbook administrator and will not put up with any BS that Kelly Bell let go on daily. Byron is not an ass kisser either, he let it be known from day one that he treats everyone equally and will not play favorites or standup for the wealthy like Kelly Bell did on a daily basis.
Backbone

Glasgow, KY

#3 Jun 6, 2010
Hopefully he has the backbone to stand up to some of the teachers,parents and school board members! I agree with another post that he has his work cut out for him with some of the teachers. There is even a Facebook group that has been started about the inadequate performance of one of the teachers that has been complained on for years. I am sure with all the media attention over the past few years he is not walking into this mess blindly though.
get real

Glasgow, KY

#4 Jun 6, 2010
If he stands up and don't do the GHS and Board butt kissing they will be looking to replace him next year. If the Board will quit trying to be little powerhouses and dictators maybe the guy could straighten some of the mess out. Worst mistake in recent years was losing Dr. Carter, see the price he paid but the HILARIOUS part is he got a much better job and more money. He has had to laugh at some of these clowns that are supposedly looking out for the kids best interest.
BOTTOM LINE IS TIME WILL TELL, need some more board members badly, Barren Co. is so much a better system.
trotter

Glasgow, KY

#5 Jun 6, 2010
Who is the Glasgow teacher a Facebook page has been started about?
GHS STUDENT

Glasgow, KY

#6 Aug 9, 2010
to all the people putting down kelly bell-you dont know her at all, so back off and find something else to pointlessly gossip about.
JJJ

Alliance, OH

#7 Mar 2, 2011
Mr Darnall is a really good teacher, he was my english teacher at bghs my senior year, and his way of teaching enlightened everyone. Really good guy too, loves sports and actually cares about his students.
Okay

Glasgow, KY

#8 Mar 9, 2011
Unless you knew anything about the teaching profession, I guess you wouldn't know what "strengths in curriculum and instruction" would mean. So, maybe you aren't the smartest man in Glasgow. So maybe ask someone before you put others down for your ignorance.
Smartest Man in Glasgow wrote:
His "strengths are in the areas of curriculum and instruction"?! What the heck is that supposed to mean? As opposed to having strengths in stand-up fighting and Greco-Roman wrestling, I assume. OK, congratulations. You're a teacher whose strengths are in teaching. My question is this: teaching what? Teaching how? Teaching whom? Teaching where? I mean, just who in the hell is this guy, anyway? Who does he think he is? I don't know how they do things in Russellville, but he'd better be prepared to actually do something at GHS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Meade County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Motorcycle wreck today on hwy 60 Mar 16 Brittiny 1
News Group Hopes to Save Otter Creek Park (Jan '09) Mar 6 david crawley 8
News Trial underway for Kentucky man in child molest... (Feb '14) Mar 5 allowingaccepting 4
News 2 police officers indicted by Meade Co. grand jury (Mar '14) Feb '15 GD-AIM 37
News Mother defends son labeled a bully after he pun... (Feb '12) Feb '15 Sweetriver 9
Bbtel is crap Feb '15 The truth hurts 2
Melanie Langdon Jan '15 truth_hurts 3
More from around the web