• Medical:
• Diagnosed with COPD about 5 years ago. Uses 2 inhalers daily, both abused/severely over used on a regular basis. Also used Advair on a daily basis.
• Smokes 1 .5-2 packs of cigarettes per day. Refuses to quit despite the COPD.
• Alcoholic (sometimes he would admit this, sometimes not) Drinks daily – Gordon’s Vodka & Sprite Zero – a 1.75L bottle would last, on average, 4-5 days (sometimes 6 days, sometimes 3 days). Claimed he was a “happy drunk”– meaning he would get easygoing and relaxed when he drank enough. This was not true. He would get more verbally abusive than usual, be more argumentative, and be very repetitive with comments/questions. The following morning/day, he would not recall his words or actions, deny they happened and argue that they did not. He often either would have no knowledge of conversations we had, or have a hand-on-the-Bible-argue-to-the -death belief that we did have one. Over the previous 6-9 months, on the days of heaviest drinking, he would sometimes do things that were very unusual and have no recall of doing them - he had urinated on the foyer floor on two occasions, addressed a used envelope to his Brother, took everything out of one of the entertainment cabinets (left it on the floor and went to sleep on the sofa), replaced the batteries in the same remote controller 3 or 4 times, Stood in the garage with the doors closed looking for me, took leftover Rx medications that he had (when I learned that he was doing this, I removed any I could find - he later blamed my Daughter for their disappearance).
• Has had pneumonia 3x in the last 5 years. The first time was severe and he was hospitalized. He blames his second ex-wife for causing it/making him get pneumonia because of all the stress she caused during their divorce. The other two times he got pneumonia he sometimes blamed my Daughter, because she brought home ‘kid germs’ from school and didn’t wash her hands as often as he thought she should. If Jon wasn’t blaming his pneumonia on my Daughter, it was blamed on someone at work, someone who may have coughed near him out in public or because of the dog slobber/drool.
• Has had a constant string of “excruciatingly painful” conditions for the past 2 years. Neck, shoulder, knee. Jon spent many hours conveying to myself/family/co-workers/custo mers how much pain he was in but would not seek medical treatment because he “Didn’t want to spend the money”.
• Had some type of nerve deadening procedure done for his neck pain over a year ago. Went to physical therapy for it and was given neck exercises to do on an ongoing basis as well as information about using back support while sitting and standing up straight when he walked. The exercises and use of support was practiced on his own for a short time, then I was blamed for not reminding him to do these things.
• Had hernia surgery 6-7 years ago. Claims the mesh panel and rivets they used to correct it still causes him pain and discomfort on a regular basis, but would not seek treatment for it. He blamed the physical aspect of his job for the surgery area not healing correctly and blamed me for needing to go to work….hence, it was my fault.
• Anxiety/Depression/Panic Attacks – yes to all three. Jon would never seek correct medical attention for these, but I firmly believe he suffered from all at some level. His life was one major conflict after another, and these conflicts always seemed to somehow end up my fault. Everything he did was for me, so they must be my fault. At one point, he was taking a psychotropic medication, but I do not recall what it was. They were causing him to have violent outbreaks of anger, so he stopped taking them.