New McDowell schools chief faces chal...

New McDowell schools chief faces challenge of filling vacant teaching positions

There are 32 comments on the Bluefield Daily Telegraph story from Jul 8, 2012, titled New McDowell schools chief faces challenge of filling vacant teaching positions. In it, Bluefield Daily Telegraph reports that:

One of the first challenges facing new state-appointed McDowell County School Superinten-dent Nelson Spencer is filling a backlog of teacher vacancies in the county.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bluefield Daily Telegraph.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mr Reup to you

Winchester, KY

#21 Jul 25, 2012
Sundog512 wrote:
Hey...you finally sobered up. Great to see you again Reup. I was bored. Idiots entertain me. Now get busy, boy, and entertain me.
<quoted text>
You shouldn't have a problem with that.Your gang has formed an Idiocracy.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#22 Jul 25, 2012
My gang?

LMAO.

Sorry, I was laughing at you because you are stupid, not because you are entertaining. Now get busy, beeyotch. Entertain me.
Mr Reup to you wrote:
<quoted text>You shouldn't have a problem with that.Your gang has formed an Idiocracy.
Mr Reup to you

Winchester, KY

#23 Jul 25, 2012
Sundog512 wrote:
My gang?
LMAO.
Sorry, I was laughing at you because you are stupid, not because you are entertaining. Now get busy, beeyotch. Entertain me.
<quoted text>
Ok Ok A jew a polock and a kweer that called himself Sundog walk into a bar......

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#24 Jul 25, 2012
And then Rearup started masturbating, his electronic ankle bracelet went off and the cops showed up. He begged them to have their way with him using their night stick, but then he passed out from being too drunk. Then the cops arrested Angie for being an embezzeler and they all lived in relative filth, isolation, and poverty for the rest of their lives.

NOw that's funnier n shit, ain't it?
Mr Reup to you wrote:
<quoted text>Ok Ok A jew a polock and a kweer that called himself Sundog walk into a bar......

Since: Jan 10

Charleston, WV

#25 Jul 25, 2012
facts wrote:
<quoted text> and then again we have all the idiots that have to slam each other on forum that have nothing to do with them.
Sorry loser, I decide what has to do with me.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#26 Jul 26, 2012
facts wrote:
<quoted text> and of course we have the idiots who have to slam each other back and forth on forums that have nothing to do with them.
What's the matter the gay club in Bradshaw won't let you join? I know how much you love for men to abuse you.
Bring out the Facts

Princeton, WV

#27 Jul 26, 2012
facts wrote:
There are so many reasons that teachers are not staying in the county. Look around, if you were a young person out of college would you want to stay in a town that is riddled by drugs, students who show little to no respect, to a system which has been taken over by the state for 12 years, is on super number 6, a county that is ran by a commission that has nothing positive to say about anything, who are to busy worrying about whos wife they can sleep with next, or who they need to pay off, a law enforcement that from the city, to the county to the states lack the ability or the want to to do anything other than sit in the cruisers while the druggies do the deals? The business owners who have made there fortunes off this county and are trying to make money for the rehab centers and prison care packages for the sons, grandsons, that have stolen and ruined everything they touch? yep this looks like a heavenly place to move to and work. There is no community radio, a paper three times a week that is laughable, a hospital that is dirty, under the administration of a drunk with a gambling problem, no local doctors, sewer that runs in the creek, and more on welfare with out of state tags than live in the whole county. Then we can look at housing, if there is a house to rent, the owners want 800 a month laughable. Now ol ms rose, sold to the reconnect mc dowell county better known as the AFLCIO/ AFT who are bed with certain politicans in ths town, a building for 80,000 ( she paid 5,000) all public records, and it will take 10 million to make these dreamy little apartments for the teachers, no one else can rent mind you, that should be interesting. Yep I can see why people would pack thier bags and move to sunny welch Lets look at the personel director, it takes her a month to find an application, even after its been turned in 3 times, will not return phone calls, holds things for weeks in stead of submitting them, and then well, maybe if she likes you... I could go on and on like the new super, his big pay day and no clue what he is doing, but thats the state for ya,
Amen!! If more people told it like it was, like you have, maybe this county wouldn't be traveling up the sewer filled creek without a paddle!!! We could possibly get something done in this county!!! Let our "Officials" know we're not going to just stand for being run down and run over! It's sad what has become of this place!!! What will happen to our children and their educations?? I hope they work something out about filling the positions with QUALIFIED/EDUCATED teachers...not just high school grads to temporarily sub like they did last year!!!!!!

Since: Jan 10

Charleston, WV

#28 Jul 26, 2012
Bring out the Facts wrote:
<quoted text> Amen!! If more people told it like it was, like you have, maybe this county wouldn't be traveling up the sewer filled creek without a paddle!!! We could possibly get something done in this county!!! Let our "Officials" know we're not going to just stand for being run down and run over! It's sad what has become of this place!!! What will happen to our children and their educations?? I hope they work something out about filling the positions with QUALIFIED/EDUCATED teachers...not just high school grads to temporarily sub like they did last year!!!!!!
Sadly, as I have said, McDowell had this problem in 1965 and it has it now. There are two different West Virginias. The southern coal fields and the rest of the state. Ignorance begets ignorance.
Mr Reup To You

Winchester, KY

#29 Jul 26, 2012
naturalwonder wrote:
<quoted text>Sadly, as I have said, McDowell had this problem in 1965 and it has it now. There are two different West Virginias. The southern coal fields and the rest of the state. Ignorance begets ignorance.
You tell em you ignorant ast cork soaker.
Mr Reup To You

Winchester, KY

#30 Jul 26, 2012
Sundog512 wrote:
And then Rearup started masturbating, his electronic ankle bracelet went off and the cops showed up. He begged them to have their way with him using their night stick, but then he passed out from being too drunk. Then the cops arrested Angie for being an embezzeler and they all lived in relative filth, isolation, and poverty for the rest of their lives.
NOw that's funnier n shit, ain't it?
<quoted text>
It's the story of "your' life so yes it is indeed funnier n shyt.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#31 Jul 26, 2012
That's not the least bit entertaining, hair lip. If you are going to troll, please step up your game. This ain't kindergarten.
Mr Reup To You wrote:
<quoted text>You tell em you ignorant ast cork soaker.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#32 Jul 26, 2012
What did the hair lip dog say?

Mark, Mark!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McDowell County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what's up with stevie mills and julie justus (Nov '15) Sep 14 Big brother 3
News McDowell Is the Poorest, Sickest, Most Hopeless... (Jan '17) Sep 10 Alien 3
News Trump, coal and the highway that time forgot (Mar '17) Aug 28 Zippy the Pinhead 13
I'm looking for Dawsons Aug 27 Lynn 1
News McDowell County man pleads guilty to second-deg... Aug '17 poster 1
Does anyone know what happened to Alton Callaha... Aug '17 poster 2
News "The Glass Castle" to be shown in Welch Aug '17 Roderfield River Rat 2
More from around the web