New McDowell schools chief faces challenge of filling vacant teaching positions

Jul 8, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bluefield Daily Telegraph

One of the first challenges facing new state-appointed McDowell County School Superinten-dent Nelson Spencer is filling a backlog of teacher vacancies in the county.

Comments
1 - 20 of 32 Comments Last updated Jul 26, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
facts

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

There are so many reasons that teachers are not staying in the county. Look around, if you were a young person out of college would you want to stay in a town that is riddled by drugs, students who show little to no respect, to a system which has been taken over by the state for 12 years, is on super number 6, a county that is ran by a commission that has nothing positive to say about anything, who are to busy worrying about whos wife they can sleep with next, or who they need to pay off, a law enforcement that from the city, to the county to the states lack the ability or the want to to do anything other than sit in the cruisers while the druggies do the deals? The business owners who have made there fortunes off this county and are trying to make money for the rehab centers and prison care packages for the sons, grandsons, that have stolen and ruined everything they touch? yep this looks like a heavenly place to move to and work. There is no community radio, a paper three times a week that is laughable, a hospital that is dirty, under the administration of a drunk with a gambling problem, no local doctors, sewer that runs in the creek, and more on welfare with out of state tags than live in the whole county. Then we can look at housing, if there is a house to rent, the owners want 800 a month laughable. Now ol ms rose, sold to the reconnect mc dowell county better known as the AFLCIO/ AFT who are bed with certain politicans in ths town, a building for 80,000 ( she paid 5,000) all public records, and it will take 10 million to make these dreamy little apartments for the teachers, no one else can rent mind you, that should be interesting. Yep I can see why people would pack thier bags and move to sunny welch Lets look at the personel director, it takes her a month to find an application, even after its been turned in 3 times, will not return phone calls, holds things for weeks in stead of submitting them, and then well, maybe if she likes you... I could go on and on like the new super, his big pay day and no clue what he is doing, but thats the state for ya,

“Pay the toll”

Since: Jan 10

or meet the troll

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Judged:

facts wrote:
There are so many reasons that teachers are not staying in the county. Look around, if you were a young person out of college would you want to stay in a town that is riddled by drugs, students who show little to no respect, to a system which has been taken over by the state for 12 years, is on super number 6, a county that is ran by a commission that has nothing positive to say about anything, who are to busy worrying about whos wife they can sleep with next, or who they need to pay off, a law enforcement that from the city, to the county to the states lack the ability or the want to to do anything other than sit in the cruisers while the druggies do the deals? The business owners who have made there fortunes off this county and are trying to make money for the rehab centers and prison care packages for the sons, grandsons, that have stolen and ruined everything they touch? yep this looks like a heavenly place to move to and work. There is no community radio, a paper three times a week that is laughable, a hospital that is dirty, under the administration of a drunk with a gambling problem, no local doctors, sewer that runs in the creek, and more on welfare with out of state tags than live in the whole county. Then we can look at housing, if there is a house to rent, the owners want 800 a month laughable. Now ol ms rose, sold to the reconnect mc dowell county better known as the AFLCIO/ AFT who are bed with certain politicans in ths town, a building for 80,000 ( she paid 5,000) all public records, and it will take 10 million to make these dreamy little apartments for the teachers, no one else can rent mind you, that should be interesting. Yep I can see why people would pack thier bags and move to sunny welch Lets look at the personel director, it takes her a month to find an application, even after its been turned in 3 times, will not return phone calls, holds things for weeks in stead of submitting them, and then well, maybe if she likes you... I could go on and on like the new super, his big pay day and no clue what he is doing, but thats the state for ya,
McDowell has had these problems since the 1960's. Our coach refused to play there in the 1970's, he said it was unsafe.
Mr Reup to you

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Judged:

naturalwonder wrote:
<quoted text>McDowell has had these problems since the 1960's. Our coach refused to play there in the 1970's, he said it was unsafe.
You mean the years Welch started playing blacks on their team and you guys puzzied out.LMAO

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Since: Sep 08

Hooker, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Judged:

Blacks were all that could play back then because you inbreds were still on your mammy's tit.

Or in your case, on your goat's tit.

Oh wait...isn't this the part where you threaten to shoot him...because you know, you're such a man and all?

Drug addled moron.

LMAO.
Mr Reup to you wrote:
<quoted text>You mean the years Welch started playing blacks on their team and you guys puzzied out.LMAO

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Hooker, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Oh, and I think the "unsafe" part meant that you guys were shyttin' in the creek and drinking the water out of it.

Know what I mean...Vern?

“Pay the toll”

or meet the troll

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Mr Reup to you wrote:
<quoted text>You mean the years Welch started playing blacks on their team and you guys puzzied out.LMAO
Our team was mostly black, that was the problem. Dummy.

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Hooker, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

naturalwonder wrote:
<quoted text>Our team was mostly black, that was the problem. Dummy.
LOL. Rearup doesn't really know anything about school. He was too busy learning arson skills and making idle threats. After all, how much of an education did he need to be a blow hard writing loud-mouth checks that his ass couldn't cash...as long as Angie was there to embezzle the money for him.

;)
Mr Reup to you

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

naturalwonder wrote:
<quoted text>Our team was mostly black, that was the problem. Dummy.
And part donkey.Now I get the naturalwonder name.I heard Welch kicked some black ass back then.

“Pay the toll”

or meet the troll

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Rearup doesn't really know anything about school. He was too busy learning arson skills and making idle threats. After all, how much of an education did he need to be a blow hard writing loud-mouth checks that his ass couldn't cash...as long as Angie was there to embezzle the money for him.
;)
At least they will get the sex they crave in prison.

“Pay the toll”

or meet the troll

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Mr Reup to you wrote:
<quoted text>And part donkey.Now I get the naturalwonder name.I heard Welch kicked some black ass back then.
We won the state.
Mr Reup to you

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Judged:

naturalwonder wrote:
<quoted text>We won the state.
I'm sure you were an exelent water boy.My guess is you are still scrubbing your buddies jocks.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Mr Reup to you wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure you were an exelent water boy.My guess is you are still scrubbing your buddies jocks.
Our guess is you are still chewing on them. Oh wait! You can't chew since you have no teefers from all the woolite you have drank. You just suck on them for the juice. LMAO !!!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Just because you drink woolite and gum them to death doesn't mean you have washed them RearUp!
facts

Welch, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

Fraggle Wabbit wrote:
<quoted text>
Our guess is you are still chewing on them. Oh wait! You can't chew since you have no teefers from all the woolite you have drank. You just suck on them for the juice. LMAO !!!
and of course we have the idiots who have to slam each other back and forth on forums that have nothing to do with them.
facts

Welch, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

naturalwonder wrote:
<quoted text>At least they will get the sex they crave in prison.
and then again we have all the idiots that have to slam each other on forum that have nothing to do with them.
facts

Welch, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

Sundog512 wrote:
Blacks were all that could play back then because you inbreds were still on your mammy's tit.
Or in your case, on your goat's tit.
Oh wait...isn't this the part where you threaten to shoot him...because you know, you're such a man and all?
Drug addled moron.
LMAO.
<quoted text>
What an idiot. why must you post your stupid ramblings on every post?

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Hooker, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Yes, I must. Now crawl back in your out-house and have dinner.
facts wrote:
<quoted text> What an idiot. why must you post your stupid ramblings on every post?

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Hooker, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

By the way, dolt. Go back to the person who started this shit on this thread and talk to him. Because when that arsonist, pill popping, embezzling wife having, drunk shows up running his racist mouth spewing pure effing ignorance, I'll be here.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/welch-wv/TVE4...

If you have a problem with that, then it is just going to suck for you.
facts wrote:
<quoted text> What an idiot. why must you post your stupid ramblings on every post?
Mr Reup to you

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Sundog512 wrote:
By the way, dolt. Go back to the person who started this shit on this thread and talk to him. Because when that arsonist, pill popping, embezzling wife having, drunk shows up running his racist mouth spewing pure effing ignorance, I'll be here.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/welch-wv/TVE4...
If you have a problem with that, then it is just going to suck for you.
<quoted text>
You tell em Sundog .I'ts a damn shame you can't get on here without someone going off topic or trying to stir up shyt.Now you keep these azzholes in line so they quit cobbling up these threads with their bullshyt.

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Hooker, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Hey...you finally sobered up. Great to see you again Reup. I was bored. Idiots entertain me. Now get busy, boy, and entertain me.
Mr Reup to you wrote:
<quoted text>You tell em Sundog .I'ts a damn shame you can't get on here without someone going off topic or trying to stir up shyt.Now you keep these azzholes in line so they quit cobbling up these threads with their bullshyt.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent McDowell County Discussions

Search the McDowell County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
No court date set as Moore remains free on bond Jul 17 Looker 12
Trooper Weiss Jul 1 Mmmmm 1
Reconnecting McDowell purchases Welch property Jun '14 Mr_h 3
Officials on lookout for missing McDowell teen May '14 elisha 10
Nay Carr (Jan '14) May '14 Flash 6
Colony Apr '14 ROAD WARRIOR 6
Three busted for crack (Jun '13) Feb '14 Really 2
•••
•••