McDowell deputy held knife to wifes t...

McDowell deputy held knife to wifes throat, police say

There are 146 comments on the Charleston Gazette story from Oct 21, 2011, titled McDowell deputy held knife to wifes throat, police say. In it, Charleston Gazette reports that:

WELCH, W.Va. -- A McDowell County sheriff's deputy was arrested Thursday after allegedly holding a knife to his wife's throat and then harassing her while she was working at the local 911 center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Gazette.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#1 Oct 21, 2011
Well what we have here?
Verdict- guilty to proven guilty..
Agrees

Princeton, WV

#2 Oct 21, 2011
I agree with the WCP that said he needs to be in Prison. Hes got my vote,hes right.let him run,and i will throw my vote to him.
Made The News

Bluefield, WV

#3 Oct 21, 2011
I like what the paper said about Our sheriff..

McDowell County made the news again.
Welch no news paper

Bluefield, WV

#4 Oct 21, 2011
The Judge and Jury wrote:
Well what we have here?
Verdict- guilty to proven guilty..
I remember him back In school. He always said "I'm gonna be a policeman when I growup".

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#5 Oct 22, 2011
sad that just because some of these men are the law they think they are above it. and the bond amount is rediculous!500 dollars, really ? it shouldve been much higher!just goes to show if you have connections in the county you can get by with anything!
Hes Free

Princeton, WV

#6 Oct 22, 2011
proudsouthernmom wrote:
sad that just because some of these men are the law they think they are above it. and the bond amount is rediculous!500 dollars, really ? it shouldve been much higher!just goes to show if you have connections in the county you can get by with anything!
Supposenly his bond was set 5,000.00 by the on call Magistrate. Which I feel was way to low. I remember some people arrested for drug charges,their bond was set at 50,000.00 per count. whats the difference here?I bet he will be wearing his badge working again SOON.

Location hidden

#7 Oct 22, 2011
Hes Free wrote:
<quoted text>Supposenly his bond was set 5,000.00 by the on call Magistrate. Which I feel was way to low. I remember some people arrested for drug charges,their bond was set at 50,000.00 per count. whats the difference here?I bet he will be wearing his badge working again SOON.
from what i read in the paper it was five hundred dollars.the difference is hes a deputy sheriff so he gets special treatment.its ashame it has to be like that. if you cant stop a cop from taking drugs (or possibly selling them) then how are you supposed to stop anyone else from doing it? they set a really good example here,lol.
wants to know

Brentwood, TN

#8 Oct 22, 2011
proudsouthernmom wrote:
<quoted text>
from what i read in the paper it was five hundred dollars.the difference is hes a deputy sheriff so he gets special treatment.its ashame it has to be like that. if you cant stop a cop from taking drugs (or possibly selling them) then how are you supposed to stop anyone else from doing it? they set a really good example here,lol.
What drugs did they find on him? Does anyone know???

Location hidden

#9 Oct 22, 2011
wants to know wrote:
<quoted text>
Charleston daily gazette just said that it was a seizure medication.not sure but i think theyre a scheduled controlled substance

Location hidden

#10 Oct 22, 2011
wants to know wrote:
<quoted text>
from what i just read zanex and klonopin(clonazepam)are used to treat seizures which are two popular drugs in the county
http://www.epilepsy.com/EPILEPSY/seizure_MEDI...

maybe it was one of the two.im not saying it was,since theres many other medications,but it is a possibilty since its widely used and sold in the area.
meme

Spanishburg, WV

#11 Oct 22, 2011
TRY MAG/VANDYKE In law NELON VANCE CAN GET CAUTH 4 DUI STILL CAN DRIVE
Read The Paper

United States

#12 Oct 22, 2011
proudsouthernmom wrote:
<quoted text>
Can U even read, the paper and WVVA both said his bond was 5,000.00 dollars, and this man is innocent until proven guilty, there is two sides to everything, was U there, do U know what happened, if U where there, they need to use U as a witness. I don't know this man or his wife, I do know the guy that went the bond, and the deputy is out on bond, why don't U take your nosey azz, up to the mag. office and find out. Then U will know and can shut the Hell up.
BDTis a Republican newsp

Bluefield, WV

#13 Oct 22, 2011
If you are on a $5,000 bond, a bailbondsman only ask 10% of the bond, which would be $500.
afriend_

Bluefield, WV

#14 Oct 23, 2011
everyone always assumes when u get aarrested that ur guilty.thats not true i know i was arrested once myself for something i didnt do.justin has always been a good kid and i hope they can work things out.everyone has their fights and arguments and unless u r there u dont have a clue to what happened.i hope him and his wife r ok and if they cant work things out its time to part.

Location hidden

#15 Oct 23, 2011
Read The Paper wrote:
<quoted text> Can U even read, the paper and WVVA both said his bond was 5,000.00 dollars, and this man is innocent until proven guilty, there is two sides to everything, was U there, do U know what happened, if U where there, they need to use U as a witness. I don't know this man or his wife, I do know the guy that went the bond, and the deputy is out on bond, why don't U take your nosey azz, up to the mag. office and find out. Then U will know and can shut the Hell up.
yeah i can read quit typing like some little immature punk!and the charleston daily gazzette said his bond was 500.if he goes through a bondsman 20 percent of 5,00o is 500 dumbass!and its not a magazine,its a newspaper!im not shutting up about anything!

Location hidden

#16 Oct 23, 2011
and before some illiterate dumbass tries to correct me it was supposed to be 5,000.

Location hidden

#17 Oct 23, 2011
and 10 percent of the bond wouldve been 500 not 20 percent.
One Who Knows

Princeton, WV

#18 Oct 23, 2011
afriend_ wrote:
everyone always assumes when u get aarrested that ur guilty.thats not true i know i was arrested once myself for something i didnt do.justin has always been a good kid and i hope they can work things out.everyone has their fights and arguments and unless u r there u dont have a clue to what happened.i hope him and his wife r ok and if they cant work things out its time to part.
If he did this tohis wife,and the way he treats people he arrest,he has no reason what so ever being a offiver.hes a boney azz wild man with a badge and a gun.yeah,a 90 pound badazz.take the gun and badge off,and he will hide.
southern girl

Chapmanville, WV

#19 Oct 23, 2011
they need not 2 let him out, he needs 2 stay locked up!
ugh

Reston, VA

#20 Oct 23, 2011
Welch no news paper wrote:
<quoted text>I remember him back In school. He always said "I'm gonna be a policeman when I growup".
Well he managed to do one of the two things.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McDowell County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man charged with murder and wounding in McDowel... (Nov '16) Oct '17 Fedup 13
News Let's Go': West Virginia must solve its own pro... Oct '17 question 1
News Trooper's quick actions save life of man in fas... Oct '17 shame 1
what's up with stevie mills and julie justus (Nov '15) Sep '17 Big brother 3
News McDowell Is the Poorest, Sickest, Most Hopeless... (Jan '17) Sep '17 Alien 3
News Trump, coal and the highway that time forgot (Mar '17) Aug '17 Zippy the Pinhead 13
I'm looking for Dawsons Aug '17 Lynn 1
More from around the web