The service man

Aug 13, 2011 Full story: Register-herald.com 10

Ed Shepherd gets up in the morning and reports to his Wyoming Street service station the way he has done for the past 60 years.

Full Story

“HobertC The1Great AwesomeOne ”

Since: Apr 08

Welch WV

#1 Aug 16, 2011
Ed Shepherd is legend, his military background and his fishing skills.... one great McDowell Coauntian

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS ”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2 Aug 18, 2011
ed is a sweet man. he rents from us and has always been so kind and sweet and happy whenever you see him.

Welch WV

#3 Aug 18, 2011
AGREE!!!!
Interested

Knoxville, TN

#4 Aug 18, 2011
Where in Welch is this Service Station at? I dont recall ever being there.Just wondering where it is located. I plan on making a trip there soon and would like to check it out.
Thanks!

Welch WV

#5 Aug 18, 2011
The old 76 Service Station located on Wyoming St/McDowell St..... at the end of town...
Interesting

Knoxville, TN

#6 Aug 19, 2011
Mr_h wrote:
The old 76 Service Station located on Wyoming St/McDowell St..... at the end of town...
Is this the one that sits across from the old State Hospital,going towards Pineville? I was thinking it was Gulf.And I thought it had shut down. Or am I thinking about the wrong place? Thanks!
Interesting

Knoxville, TN

#7 Aug 19, 2011
The one Im thinking about was ran by the Cottles,I think. Back in the 70s. I have been gone from there since 1978,But plan on moving back there next year,after retirement,I have been back there several times since,But this station has me confused. Thanks for your help.

Welch WV

#8 Aug 19, 2011
It the station beside where the Marinos use to live... it white and blue..
Located at the where Wyoming St comes on to McDowell St... or across from the bridge to the back parking lot....

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS ”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#9 Aug 20, 2011
IF YOU KNOW WHERE AL'S BARBER SHOP IS, THE SWOPE BUILDING. YO CAN ACTUALLY SEE HIS SERVICE STATION ACROSS THE ROAD FROM THERE.

Welch WV

#10 Aug 20, 2011
The person has stated they haven't been in Welch in while... Thus they wouldn't know about the barber shop in the Swope building most likely...
If they know where Mayor Swope old office was that where the Barber Shop is.. And the station is located at the turn where Wyoming St goes on to McDowell St...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McDowell County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mount View Music Thread Oct '14 Musikologist 1
Reconnecting McDowell votes to build housing co... Aug '14 cynic 7
No court date set as Moore remains free on bond (Apr '14) Aug '14 Courthouse Beat 13
Trooper Weiss Jul '14 Mmmmm 1
Reconnecting McDowell purchases Welch property (May '14) Jun '14 Mr_h 3
Officials on lookout for missing McDowell teen (Mar '14) May '14 elisha 10
Nay Carr (Jan '14) May '14 Flash 6
More from around the web