Afternoon Update: Mitchell takes helm at Wade Center

Jun 30, 2010 Full story: Bluefield Daily Telegraph 46

There's a new person at the helm of the Wade Center in Bluefield. Bonita Mitchell, a McDowell County native who has served as an advocate for children and families for many years, was on the job Wednesday at the center located at 1400 Highland Avenue.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
LOL

Bluefield, WV

#1 Jul 6, 2010
Bonita Mitchell now at the Wade Center??? Now that program is destined to fail!!!
I KNOW

Princeton, WV

#2 Jul 6, 2010
Who knows might be another looser....Time will tell.

Whatever happens so be it!
mother of 3

Madison, TN

#3 Jul 14, 2010
Who is this woman? She fired Mom B and Omie today. What is wrong with this woman? She fired the two best workers there. All the kids love Mom b and Omie. Now all of the kids are upset and dont want to go back tomorrow. This woman is really going to let the Wade Center go all to HELL!!!!! It was really a nice place for the community but now I guess it wont be no more. My kids go there and she said there was going to be alot of change going on, and i dont think they well be for the good.The kids got to go swimming on Wednesday and she said that they were notgoing to do that no-more. So I guess she wants the kids to set there all day and do nothing.
Angry

Franklin, TN

#4 Jul 15, 2010
Honestly? The Wade Center will go downhill form this point.
I know

Princeton, WV

#5 Jul 15, 2010
Probably only a matter of time....if the kids don't want to go it will fail,who knows,time will tell.
Angry

Franklin, TN

#6 Jul 15, 2010
I mean it is depressing. It is the heart of the community. Or at least was.
Tellm

Bluefield, WV

#7 Jul 15, 2010
Can't be no worse than the pervert Brian.
I know

Princeton, WV

#8 Jul 15, 2010
ABSOLUTELY! BUT shhhhhh don't talk about it and it will go away. There are still those that are covering that up....sickening.
kissmine

Franklin, TN

#9 Jul 15, 2010
that use to be a great place but now it is crazy there i heard that one of the staff hit a kid and the new lady husband was a crackhead.they really need to just shut that place down because it will never be like it was.
suave

Franklin, TN

#10 Jul 15, 2010
yeh one of the staff did hit a kid they said his name but i cant remember what it was but i saw a group of guys talking about fuckin him up,he better watch his back who kid was it!!! why did they fire miss v and omi those kids love them now they have some women in there who husband is a crackhead and her son is a drug dealer what type of shit is that to have around kids what is this world coming to
sad

Sneedville, TN

#11 Jul 15, 2010
No body loves those kids more than Omi. She was leading and directing those children as God wanted her to. Her heart and soul was poured in to it. Those poor kids...
GOD Knows

Orange, VA

#12 Jul 15, 2010
All we can do is pray that things change for the better, and the evilness that the devil has done to corrupt God's work, will work out in God's favor he has a plan for Omi, Mrs. Mood, and the children and families of the wade. If the job isn't been done right all you can do is go and let the public know, for the embarrassment gets back to the board of the wade center, and things are changed for the best for the children, thats the numbere one concern!
Shame

Sneedville, TN

#13 Jul 16, 2010
The Wade center is done. Have you all seen the new staff members. They are all jokes. The lady that took over is married to a crackhead and her son is a drug dealer and his girlfriend works there and she's one too. Talking about the little crackhead was running around jumping up in the kids faces saying don't say anything to my wife. She says she has an open door policy so why when a staff member hit a child yesterday and one of the old staff members went to her office she told him to make an appointment. Wow seems like she would be ready to help the children of Bluefield being as though she is a grandmother of 25. She doesn't care about those kids. She is already taken things away from them. Soon she will have all her husbands crackhead friends in there and all her sons drug dealing friends in there also. Let the children have their center back!!!!!!!!!
I know

Princeton, WV

#14 Jul 16, 2010
The board did not take of their problem with former director and it seems they have ruined things more again - even now. The sad part is those that suffer are not the inept board people BUT the children the center was supposed to help.

If things are as you say it is a matter of time to do the center in and cause it to cease operations.They have allowed and made such a mess they should just shut the center down,it has been proven they are not handling it very well.
concerned

Johnson City, TN

#15 Jul 16, 2010
reguardless of the past mishap with the former director, the wade center was built for the kids, and at no point should any adult put ther hands on any child, especially if its not theres. i feel if there is this much disruption in this center then u as a comunity, and parents need to railly together and make it heard, take back the wade center.those kids are suffering.
meeting

Franklin, TN

#16 Jul 16, 2010
there is going to be a meeting tomrrow at the city park all parent who have children that attend the center should come out and support the center and see what we can do to get the center back how it was please do it for the kids it is at 1:00pm hope to see a great turn out!!!!
concerned

Franklin, TN

#17 Jul 17, 2010
“I’m excited to be able to inspire children at an early age,” Mitchell said during a press conference at the center. She said she hopes to “change the lives” of the children and families served through the center.

She sure has changed their lives...for the worse
I Know

Princeton, WV

#18 Jul 17, 2010
The sad sad part is that board has made a total mess of the center BUT they "control" it and every aspect of it.

I feel for the kids that got something out of it...they are the ones being hurt.They are the ones shoved aside.

I do not see how anyone can "take it back" that board group controls it and they are running it in the ground.One bad move after another instead of taking care of their problem with Checchio and moving on and trying to minimize the impact on the kids they are now ruining it for the kids,with yet more bad decisions.

The sad part it was mentioned the kids do not want to go back....something is VERY wrong and that is going to be hard to solve.
Employee Staying or not

AOL

#19 Jul 17, 2010
Who was the staff member who hit a kid ? Are they still employed ?
wtf

United States

#20 Jul 17, 2010
Yeah I wanna know which bitch it was tht hit a kid? Cuz I've already been hearing that, that bitch Candice and Joanna have been being mean to kids! I know this, I will beat those bitches ass's if they touch one of mine!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McDowell County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you remember those religious signs written o... Feb 8 Salderford 1
911 Center Jan '15 Concerned Citizen 1
Mount View Music Thread Oct '14 Musikologist 1
Reconnecting McDowell votes to build housing co... (Aug '14) Aug '14 cynic 7
No court date set as Moore remains free on bond (Apr '14) Aug '14 Courthouse Beat 13
Trooper Weiss (Jul '14) Jul '14 Mmmmm 1
Reconnecting McDowell purchases Welch property (May '14) Jun '14 Mr_h 3
More from around the web