McDowell County hopes prison will dra...

McDowell County hopes prison will draw businesses

There are 5 comments on the Charleston Gazette story from Aug 19, 2010, titled McDowell County hopes prison will draw businesses. In it, Charleston Gazette reports that:

WELCH, W.Va. -- McDowell County officials are hoping a new $224 million federal prison will draw other entities to the Indian Ridge Industrial Park.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Gazette.

Caplight

Beckley, WV

#1 Aug 19, 2010
They need to finish the Coal field expressway so people can get around in McDowell County!!
T-Bone

Princeton, WV

#2 Aug 21, 2010
Caplight wrote:
They need to finish the Coal field expressway so people can get around in McDowell County!!
Nothing wrong with dreaming...

Question: Do you really think the prison will draw businesses to McDowell County? I live in McDowell County and I don't.

A lot of level land to build where the prison is...But it's about forty years to late.

And the Goalfield Expressway is over with..Now that Byrd is dead WV will get NO more $$$$$.
McDowell County

San Antonio, TX

#4 Aug 24, 2010
You go Cliff Moore Getting McDowell County back on the road again, Thanks Mr. Moore
McDowell County

San Antonio, TX

#5 Aug 24, 2010
T-Bone wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing wrong with dreaming...
Question: Do you really think the prison will draw businesses to McDowell County? I live in McDowell County and I don't.
A lot of level land to build where the prison is...But it's about forty years to late.
And the Goalfield Expressway is over with..Now that Byrd is dead WV will get NO more $$$$$.

Who Need Byrd McDowell County Has Cliff Moore, we dont need or wont the KKK.
T-Bone

Bluefield, WV

#6 Aug 24, 2010
McDowell County wrote:
You go Cliff Moore Getting McDowell County back on the road again, Thanks Mr. Moore
Dr.Moore is a good man, But he has no power like Byrd did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McDowell County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sanders rallies against GOP health care plan at... 13 hr Community Disorga... 49
Save Environment Mar 14 elvajeancarr 1
News Trump, coal and the highway that time forgot Mar 14 Putin 13
Now There's hope! Mar 13 Novena 1
Nay Carr (Jan '14) Mar 12 John 8
News McDowell Is the Poorest, Sickest, Most Hopeless... Jan '17 samsr 1
Questions Jan '17 Kelly 1
More from around the web