Maury Co. budget dispute nearly closes schools

Oct 18, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Jacksonsun.com

COLUMBIA, Tenn. - A stalemate over the Maury County school budget has led to the threat of classes being canceled.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Thereis1God

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Let me tell all you bible belt, church going hypocrites. There is 1 God to serve and it's not money! God is shaking America. And don't worry cause you won't hear this in a church!!!

After you've stored it (money) all up for hard times, this world will come crashing down and what you have stolen will become worthless. It's already started.

Laugh now, cry later.

My riches are in Heaven waiting for me. If I were longed for this world, I guess I would stash as much here as I could too. But this is not my home.

Why are our children sacrificed so easily? If I kept my child out of school for no good reason, I could face criminal charges!! Right? But you good ole country boys play games because your egos are as big as your bank accounts.

And to think, I CHOSE Maury county to live in!! WTH
AGREED

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

I agree with you.Let us keep our children out of school and we will be crucified !!People in this town want to keep it back like the 1930's and I get it but its not how it works they complain that to many people are here and that its to big .. But now there feeling the crunch with no money...Wait there is money but only for the locals..There gonna show us,Its all politics all politics..The bible belt my ( bleep)!!

Since: May 07

Tullahoma, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

You should be so outraged about where the money's going because it's not going to your children and the schools. It's going to the School Board members and other "fringe benefits" and "retirement benefits". They just use your kids as pawns to get the money they want. It's about living within your means folks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Maury County Discussions

Search the Maury County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Faces of Franklin: Papa Boudreaux's Cajun Cafe (Mar '12) Apr 1 Pen15 2
Jailer arraigned on rape charges Mar 31 Joe 1
Inmates transferred amid federal lawsuits (Oct '12) Oct '13 youarenotgod 6
Sheriff 2014 (Sep '13) Sep '13 mikerees 7
Groups to study rural health needs (Sep '13) Sep '13 Larry 1
Maury woman arrested for vulgar message on toil... (Aug '13) Aug '13 ray elliott 1
School supply drive under way (Jul '13) Jul '13 Carmen Mizerski 1
•••
•••
•••
•••