Dress code enforcement begins

Dress code enforcement begins

There are 9 comments on the Daily Herald story from Jul 31, 2008, titled Dress code enforcement begins. In it, Daily Herald reports that:

Brandi Secrest takes her two sons, Mason and Treyden Klein, 5 and 7 respectively, to register for school at Brown Elementary School Wednesday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Herald.

felicial

Columbia, TN

#1 Aug 2, 2008
I find the whole thing stupid
kevin dooley

Spring Hill, TN

#2 Aug 5, 2008
felicial wrote:
I find the whole thing stupid
i thank it is stupid to
James Carter

Monterey, TN

#3 Sep 26, 2008
Dress code is the worse thing we have gone through this year and it sucks
Bobo

Spring Hill, TN

#4 Sep 26, 2008
The problem is that not enough parents think it's stupid, and of that number, not enough parents are willing to speak up.

There's a difference between a dress code and a uniform requirement. For instance, a good dress code would forbid any manner of dress or hair style that distracts from the education experience.

Schoolkids do NOT have a "right of free expression", and not enough kids & their parents understand this. They're in school to learn, and that's it.

There's a difference between a dress code and a uniform requirement. A uniform requirement mandates that students wear clothing of approved colors, designs, material, etc. That's stupid.

That means that parents have to spend more money on clothing that meets the uniform requirement. This clothing can be hard to find, and often costs more than "regular" clothes.

I fail to see how schools who couldn't enforce a dress code will be able to enforce a uniform requirement.

My kids are grown now. If my kids were still in school, They would have clean and non-distracting clothes and hair. I would support them fully if they refused to abide by a uniform requirement. I would be one of the parents fighting the requirement.

Schools are, for the most part, incompetent in the areas of education and classroom discipline. If my kids were young today, I'd probably home-school them.
Brad T

Houston, TX

#5 Feb 17, 2009
I think Brandi Secrest is hot- and her kids are cool
Selma

La Vergne, TN

#6 Feb 19, 2009
Brad T wrote:
I think Brandi Secrest is hot- and her kids are cool
Ummmkay, Brad. WTH are you talking about?
home sweet home

Fort Myers, FL

#7 Mar 26, 2009
there is nothing wrong with a "dress code". going to school clean - with pants pulled up - midriffs covered - hair combed and shoes that cover your feed (not slippers or flip-flops). that is just all common sense.

The REAL problem is some parents are so stupid and uncaring that they allow their children to go to school without supervising their appearance or teaching them self respect.
Educated

Dyersburg, TN

#8 Mar 30, 2009
Home sweet home is on the right track!
Educated

Dyersburg, TN

#9 Mar 30, 2009
Dress codes take away a childs individuality. However, within reason. Like Home sweet home says. But let the kids be who they want to be instead of someone else makeing them wear a uniform. Which in turn makes them hate school and rebell!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maury County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nation-Now 40 mins ago 6:50 a.m.Tennessee bill:... Jan '17 TLC 1
Any home churches or small fellowships in Maury... Aug '16 GraceFilled 1
News Man charged in girl's rape (May '13) Jun '16 Bubba 2
News Legislation introduced to halt Islamic teaching... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Boo 1
virus going around? (Oct '15) Oct '15 concerned husband... 1
News Parents concerned over religious curriculum (Sep '15) Sep '15 flame of truth 13
News There is no God but Allah'? School Accused of I... (Sep '15) Sep '15 dollarsbill 6
More from around the web