Unsolved 1975 Valentines Day Crime

Unsolved 1975 Valentines Day Crime

Posted in the Maury County Forum

TexasKowgirl

United States

#1 Feb 1, 2010
On February 14th, 1975, the body of a still unidentified, teenage African-American female's body was found in Maury Co, TN. She was found off in a wooded area of Hwy 99, off of Joe Brown Road.

A volunteer website that I belong to has the old articles and additional information posted about her, which I'll gladly share. My prior post was deleted (maybe due to the links??).

If you recall the event, please contact me at [email protected]
TexasKowgirl

Fort Worth, TX

#2 Feb 12, 2010
TexasKowgirl wrote:
On February 14th, 1975, the body of a still unidentified, teenage African-American female's body was found in Maury Co, TN. She was found off in a wooded area of Hwy 99, off of Joe Brown Road.
A volunteer website that I belong to has the old articles and additional information posted about her, which I'll gladly share. My prior post was deleted (maybe due to the links??).
If you recall the event, please contact me at [email protected]
Sadly, this weekend will be 35 years and she is still unidentified. She would probably be enjoying Valentine's Day with her grandchildren, if she hadn't met her horrible fate in 1975.
Gina

Virginia Beach, VA

#4 Aug 12, 2010
Are u the same texaskowgirl that posted this:
Thanks to all the extended family members that have posted... Over the years, it's easy to get dates and details mixed up... Hopefully, you all can work together to increase Law Enforcement's interest in the case and get it solved. A suggestion would be find out who has the case (what department) and see if any of her clothes are still in evidence. Maybe there is some DNA present on them that could be extracted, that wasn't possible a few years ago... Just to get them to crack open the file and give it a fresh look, might be all it takes.
on a COLD CASE forum? If so could u email me at [email protected]? I tried to join the cold case site and it says closed. I have the correct information on the "step-daughter" in the Dessie Holt case..if I have the wrong person plz excuse the error.
Gina

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maury County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Details Emerge In Tad Cummins Case May 19 ThomasA 5
News Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas Apr '17 Prof-Plum 19
News Parents concerned over religious curriculum (Sep '15) Apr '17 True Christian wi... 25
News Legislation introduced to halt Islamic teaching... (Jan '16) Apr '17 Criminalize islam 4
News Endangered Tennessee teen could be in Decatur a... Mar '17 WITW 3
News Nation-Now 40 mins ago 6:50 a.m.Tennessee bill:... Jan '17 TLC 1
Any home churches or small fellowships in Maury... (Aug '16) Aug '16 GraceFilled 1
More from around the web