Kauai : No More Plastic Bags

Jan 30, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Long Island Press

Kauai joins American Samoa in banning plastic shopping bags.-Plastic shopping bags are now banned from use in Maui and Kauai counties.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Apr 26, 2011
Charlie Chan

Lihue, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2011

The move is very expensive. I live on Kauai, and I have bought these reusable cloth bags to replace the plastic bags I am used to.

The paper bags are not good because it is easier to get roaches in your home.

Of course, when you make such a move like this, it isn't going to be free. The plastic shopping bags of today are bio-degradable, so they do not pollute anything. Not only that, but the refuse stations biggest problem is NOT plastic, but paper.
CC
pago flyer

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Shoppers in Europe have been using their own cloth bags for years! This is what we call..."common sense". It's too bad the USA hasn't been doing this...
old bags

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

nick wrote:
I like to lick girls hairy vagina's and stick my tounge inside the vagina.....
Try to stay on topic.....unless of course you were talking about licking an "old bag" - then your good to go.
except

Channahon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2011

paper is good except in the case of soups, etc..
pago flyer wrote:
Shoppers in Europe have been using their own cloth bags for years! This is what we call..."common sense". It's too bad the USA hasn't been doing this...
Tama Pava

Pago Pago, American Samoa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2011

I have no objections at all - what we see now is problem after problems, and problem after problems never end, cuz what's good to someone is not good to the others. To me, I better go back and use my samoan basket [ato launiu] the one that make from the coconut leaves. It's strong, good for shopping, easy to carry everywhere you go. Put your lundry, carry a child, take your school supplies, put your trash, etc. You can make your own any size you wish that fit your needs. No money need to get one - it's free to get a Samoan Basket. Let me know and I'll prepare one for you.
This kind never pollute your environment.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Maui County Discussions

Search the Maui County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Maui County Music Thread (Aug '13) Jul 1 Musikologist 7
Power outage in the Pukalani area May '14 Shannon Ward 1
Counties' hotel tax share to rise by $10M May '14 American_Infidel 1
Hawaii Is Genetically Engineered Crop Flash Point Apr '14 don 1
missing woman Mar '14 WIT2 2
wowie (Dec '13) Feb '14 Sickonvation 2
Flood Notification 02 - Flash Flood Watch Feb '14 bahce 1
•••
•••