Under the Sun: Gov. can dispose of legislators' mess

Governor can dispose of legislators' mess In 1978, delegates at a constitutional convention astutely decided to protect Hawaii's important agricultural lands and minimize willy-nilly urban, suburban and ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
manoa girl

Kaneohe, HI

#21 Jun 5, 2008
Read SB2646 and the parts I didn't like are 1)splitting the responsibility for the oversight of state lands between the state land commission and the DOA, so a citizen has to look at two places now to find out what is happening with state lands, 2) not having the lands be contiguous, 3) allowing the landowner/farmer to themselves reverse the designated the IAL, and 4)not automatically reversing the 15% designation if the IAL is reversed. So for all of those reasons I believe the legislation IS flawed, and the governor should veto it. The legislators need to go back and do their jobs better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maui County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Maui County Music Thread (Aug '13) Nov 26 Musikologist 8
Coal miner looking for a new life Sep '14 KyCoalMiner 1
Friday delivery of Star-Advertiser suspended fo... Aug '14 American_Infidel 1
Power outage in the Pukalani area (May '14) May '14 Shannon Ward 1
Counties' hotel tax share to rise by $10M (May '14) May '14 American_Infidel 1
Hawaii Is Genetically Engineered Crop Flash Point (Apr '14) Apr '14 don 1
missing woman (Mar '14) Mar '14 WIT2 2
More from around the web