Hana Deserves Better

Hana Deserves Better

There are 2 comments on the Haleakala Times story from Feb 4, 2008, titled Hana Deserves Better. In it, Haleakala Times reports that:

“The HCHC (Hana Health) considers the financial information and business plans to be confidential and not for public review”

An Investigative Report and Opinion by John Blumer-Buell Remember the infamous Hana Village Marketplace? The failed and disgraceful "community economic development project" was never completed and sits as a ... via Haleakala Times

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Haleakala Times.

Sandra

Maunaloa, HI

#1 Feb 13, 2008
This story took my breath away! Why isn't anyone helping the community of Hana. This is totally a fraud and scam, at the expense of lives and taxpayer dollars. Or, could it be, nothing is being done, because politicians are all in this same scam. Sure would like to see the internal financial report as a serious taxpayer and donor. Where is the money going? I did some research of my own on Hana health and could not believe how much millions of dollars they have received in the name of the Hana community and to not involve the people is wrong. Who is the board, and who represents the community at large? Had there been good leaders on the Hana Health board, they would not have allowed this to happen. The board either needs to be educated, or they don't even care, and only want the luxury of power and control. How disappointing for a beautiful community such as Hana. Keep doing the right thing Mr. Blumer-buell, justice will one day prevail.
light

Las Cruces, NM

#2 May 6, 2008
I blame Oprah!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maui County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Seeking info on Charles Ray Bunch (Apr '11) Dec '16 JD Lloy 7
Delta Air Lines Background Check Nov '16 Jeffrey 2
Maui County Criminal Mugshots and Arrests Rec... Oct '16 Daniel 2
hawaii helicopter let one million die july 2010 Oct '16 hawaiiheli 1
hawaiis legal helicopter start occuppy movement... Oct '16 hawaiiheli 2
hawaii helicopter let one million people die be... Oct '16 DONT FOLLOW 1
Maui County Music Thread (Aug '13) Jul '16 Musikologist 11
More from around the web