Six Facing Drug Charges in Mason County

Six Facing Drug Charges in Mason County

There are 61 comments on the WOWK story from Oct 23, 2008, titled Six Facing Drug Charges in Mason County. In it, WOWK reports that:

Mason County Sheriff's deputies made the arrests early Wednesday morning, at a home on Lincoln Avenue in Point Pleasant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOWK.

Since: Aug 10

Pomeroy, OH

#22 Aug 30, 2010
Dr_Hate wrote:
Want to know why there is a drug problem in this town? Well that's simple, there are zero jobs well besides your fast food joints and a foodland and a couple of dollar stores. I guarentee if point would actually expand to meet expansion of the population in the last 10 years you wouldn't have this problem. Exactly what do we have for our kids to do around here. If they don't play football then they have nothing. Build a skatepark, build a go kart course. Build something for Christ sake. And of course people are going to sell drugs over work minumum wage. They can sit on they're ass and make $200 in an hour. It's common sense really
Ant that sad but true, u said it, amen man!

Pomeroy, OH

#23 Aug 30, 2010
Okay Ive been hearing it from everyone... Praise God they are going to stop the making of oxy contin 80's and possibly the lower doses too. The druggies in this town live these pills, and just to point out, some people have been doing these pills for ten years or more, probably shooting them in thier veins or watever and im terrified of wat mite start happening when they are completley gone. Who know wat some people are capable of these days especially ones pheening...to neighbors and business everywhere, be careful of ppl. And it could get worse then it is now bc all of these addicts will be looking for an alternative drug and i pray to God that someone doesnt start bringing in herion. May God be with this town.

Since: Jul 10

San Mateo, CA

#24 Aug 30, 2010
Top Gun the sad thing is you can do that all day long but here is the reality.

You can take out the local dealers and make a dent in the problem. But the bigger cities have smelled out our little "mayberry" town. So for every one Detroit/Columbus dealer taken off the street there are five more waiting they're turn. A drug court would help. Arrested, in front of the judge the following day and sentenced. Because all these guys are doing is bailing and running back to thier city and hiding out. After awhile the cops get burned out putting thier lives on the line for some scum bag that walks anyway. In turn you get dirty cops. They don't get paid enough so they take money from drug dealers and tip them off when shit is about to hit the fan. It's a vicious cycle that's only going to get worst. The best thing you can do is educate the kids and instead of the cops driving brand new chargers put the money into youth activity. Build a skate park with a stage for bands to come play for underage kids. Charge a cover the maintenance of the park is taken care of and there is a profit. Do you know how many "Christian" rap and rock acts there are. I don't care about religion but so you include everybody and make the parents feel safe go the route. That's just one idea of many things that could be done for the kids. I mean snow comes pick a nice hill and have an intertubing facility. When you start from nothing the potentials are endless.

Since: Jul 10

San Mateo, CA

#25 Aug 30, 2010
Miss Ydoesitmatta wrote:
Okay Ive been hearing it from everyone... Praise God they are going to stop the making of oxy contin 80's and possibly the lower doses too. The druggies in this town live these pills, and just to point out, some people have been doing these pills for ten years or more, probably shooting them in thier veins or watever and im terrified of wat mite start happening when they are completley gone. Who know wat some people are capable of these days especially ones pheening...to neighbors and business everywhere, be careful of ppl. And it could get worse then it is now bc all of these addicts will be looking for an alternative drug and i pray to God that someone doesnt start bringing in herion. May God be with this town.
it's already happening as we worry. We have to think what's the worst of two evils. Oxy 80's or herion. When the 80's are finally gone then the herion will bust wide open. Then the overdose deaths will triple. At least when these scum bags are shooting up oxycontin they know what's they are getting. With herion you have no idea what these high school drop out street chemist are going to be cutting this junk with. Kids are going to start dropping like flies. For one herion is much cheaper so a couple days lunch money will be a hell of a high. I'm not saying that it's bad that they are trying to address the pill problem. But when they go it's not like people are going to quit. And when herion really hits god help us all. This town will look like a zombie movie. And the violent crimes are going to sky rocket.
IDIOT

Point Pleasant, WV

#26 Aug 31, 2010
You got the answer top gun. Why didn't I think of that? It is so easy isn't it.
How in the hell do you think anyone is supposed to know who, when, how or what roads the traffickers are bringing the drugs to town. If it was that easy there would be no crime, no drugs, it would be Utopia. What fucking world do you live in that makes you think it is so easy to bring down all these people? And what makes you think the corrupt politicians and police will ever be driven out of town?
BY THE WAY--THE ARTICLE THAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT WAS WRITTEN IN OCTOBER 2008!!!!!!
NOTHING HAPPENED TO THOSE FEW THAT STAYED IN POINT EXCEPT ONE HAD A CHILD.
WTF

Leon, WV

#27 Sep 1, 2010
Hey there's the answer to our prayers ! Bring on the herion, and open free needle clinics. Build more caskets, and invest in our local funeral homes. Once all the druggies are all dead, we can open up our little piece of heaven to all the good people in the world, and maybe get that skate park. Boy won't that make a difference. Someone wake Dorthey (17) up! Bring back public hangings, paddling in schools, parents right to bust your ass when you do something wrong, send people to jail for long periods of time, NOT home confinement, or Adult day care (Day report). People there are convicts out here on unsupervised home confinement ! WTF is that? FELONS ! WTF ? I could take a pack of gum and be sentenced for life. One more thing, if you think that this is just a Point Pleasant problem, then you don't get out much. Ask any officer in any town, and they will say the same thing is going on in their little piece of the world.

Pomeroy, OH

#28 Sep 5, 2010
Dr_Hate wrote:
<quoted text>
it's already happening as we worry. We have to think what's the worst of two evils. Oxy 80's or herion. When the 80's are finally gone then the herion will bust wide open. Then the overdose deaths will triple. At least when these scum bags are shooting up oxycontin they know what's they are getting. With herion you have no idea what these high school drop out street chemist are going to be cutting this junk with. Kids are going to start dropping like flies. For one herion is much cheaper so a couple days lunch money will be a hell of a high. I'm not saying that it's bad that they are trying to address the pill problem. But when they go it's not like people are going to quit. And when herion really hits god help us all. This town will look like a zombie movie. And the violent crimes are going to sky rocket.
Yes you are rite, this place will go bak to herion. What ever these scum fucks can get to stick in thier vein and get high is good enough. They dont care to know whats in it and that scary. If there is a demand for it then it will be here. And by God there is now. Ive already heard it all about the fact that even tho 80's are off the market it is really hard to get any kind of pain pills and if you can they are outragouesly expensive. People paying a hundred dollars for a fucking pill! Man i wish i had that kind of money to blow. Welfare lives better than people who work thier ass off everyday of thier lives....I think u should have to be drug teste to get money....Not goin to happen tho. Its gettin dark out there.... I swear some of the things u say, i feeel like i know you....?
Pyt

Point Pleasant, WV

#29 Sep 14, 2010
Dr_Hate wrote:
You can take out the local dealers and make a dent in the problem. But the bigger cities have smelled out our little "mayberry" town. So for every one Detroit/Columbus dealer taken off the street there are five more waiting they're turn. A drug court would help. Arrested, in front of the judge the following
day and sentenced. Because all these guys
are doing is bailing and running back to thier
city and hiding out. After awhile the cops get
burned out putting thier lives on the line for
some scum bag that walks anyway. In turn
you get dirty cops. They don't get paid
enough so they take money from drug
dealers and tip them off when shit is about to
hit the fan. It's a vicious cycle that's only
going to get worst. The best thing you can do
is educate the kids and instead of the cops
driving brand new chargers put the money
into youth activity. Build a skate park with a
stage for bands to come play for underage
kids. Charge a cover the maintenance of the
park is taken care of and there is a profit.
Do you know how many "Christian" rap and
rock acts there are. I don't care about religion
but so you include everybody and make the
parents feel safe go the route. That's just
one idea of many things that could be done
for the kids. I mean snow comes pick a nice
hill and have an intertubing facility. When you
start from nothing the potentials are endless.
Dr Hate, just asking....are you a real doctor or is that just your name on here?? You are right on so many things and have awesome ideas for giving kids something to do!:)
wow

United States

#30 Sep 14, 2010
SWISHER IS OUT AND ON HOME CONFINEMENT
i agree

Point Pleasant, WV

#31 Sep 16, 2010
THE JUDGE wrote:
OK let see how many go to prison i would not be afraid to bet maybe one who ever they don.t like the rest will get a slap on the hand but good job to the cops for at lease one time doing their job and i know that they can.t help if the biggest part of them walk so thanks you cops that did your job my hat is off to you.
i agree with ya buddy its not point pleasant its mayberry
superman

Cedar Grove, WV

#32 Sep 29, 2010
Anybody know Garrett Bonecutter he is a lying little thief he would steal the shirt off your back if it could get him high.
Whooooaaa

Dallas, TX

#33 Oct 27, 2010
WHAT DOES BECKY CORFEE HAVE IN It
Heather

San Mateo, CA

#34 Oct 27, 2010
Miss Ydoesitmatta wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what I do think our town is easy prey, any small town has a high demand for drugs, that's y they bring em from the big cities. But the thing is if there were things for our kids to do in this town (which is 50% of the people doing drugs) then our town wouldnt be such an easy target....I grew up in this town and I know from my own personal bad experience wat its like to be subjected to drugs everyday of ur life. But alot of times thier wasnt anything for us to do besides get in trouble and it was awful and it still is a very major problem for today's youth in this town! EVen the kids can see that they dont have anything to do? What's wrong with this town? Everyone is too worried about new cars and gambling halls, anything and everything except SOMETHING FOR OUR CHILDREN TO DO!! Why not build a skate park or an arcade, some kind of recreation center as a haven for kids who want to hang out and just be good kids. I know I would have went for that when I was younger instead of turning to drugs....all youth is troubled but that doesnt mean they have to get high to find fun and be happy......as a community we need to pull together and find a way to raise the funds for a brighter drug free future!
I agree totally
REVEREND SHARPTON

United States

#35 Aug 27, 2011
Dr_Hate wrote:
Want to know why there is a drug problem in this town? Well that's simple, there are zero jobs well besides your fast food joints and a foodland and a couple of dollar stores. I guarentee if point would actually expand to meet expansion of the population in the last 10 years you wouldn't have this problem. Exactly what do we have for our kids to do around here. If they don't play football then they have nothing. Build a skatepark, build a go kart course. Build something for Christ sake. And of course people are going to sell drugs over work minumum wage. They can sit on they're ass and make $200 in an hour. It's common sense really
Sad, but true.
Wherehaveyoubeen

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#36 Aug 27, 2011
YOUPEOPLEARECLUELESS wrote:
This town DOES NOT have that much of a drug problem. Its just small and everyone is in everyone eleses bussiness cause theres nothing elese to do.
Percentage wise its got to be WAY LESS drug use per capita that any kind of urban area.
Most of you fuckers are just dumber than shit because you are clueless to the world ouside point plesant.
To call point pleasnt a drug haven is about the same as saying its a bussiness haven.
You must be one of those people who either buries your head in the sand or perhaps does not want the problem to go away. I have a sister who uses, and believe me, there is a problem. Your percentage may be correct because of less people, but the problem is still here, just as bad as in Detroit. That is probably where all the drugs are coming from. You my friend are an ASS!! I could care less about everyone else's business, but I would like to see my sister be able to live another day, and if she does not quit the drugs she is not going to live very long. Do not get me wrong, I am not blaming her problem on drug dealers, she created this herself, but I hate drug dealers!!! They are a waste of space and take up my air. They care about no one but their self. Talk about being dumber than sh??!! Keep your head buried!!

WAY TO GO LAW ENFORCEMENT!!!
Donotjudge

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#37 Aug 27, 2011
These are all old post, but look at the spread of the problem in a year. What does that tell you people?
its time to end it!!!

Herndon, VA

#38 Aug 27, 2011
The trailer park behind Go Mart is full of sellers. It's so bad down there. And all the boys selling those opanas are going to Huntington to get them from a guy who used to live here in Point Pleasant. This Town is going down hill so fast. People used to blame it all on the black out of town people for selling the drugs but all I know of is the white people selling now. The cops needs to clean that trailer park up ASAP. You can't even get gas at Go Mart from all the drug deals going on. It's sad
clued

Syracuse, OH

#39 Aug 27, 2011
YOUPEOPLEARECLUELESS wrote:
This town DOES NOT have that much of a drug problem. Its just small and everyone is in everyone eleses bussiness cause theres nothing elese to do.
Percentage wise its got to be WAY LESS drug use per capita that any kind of urban area.
Most of you fuckers are just dumber than shit because you are clueless to the world ouside point plesant.
To call point pleasnt a drug haven is about the same as saying its a bussiness haven.
I am not dumber than shit, Wait till your child shoots up over and over and od's so many times that they are in the ICU for days, Wait till you see one of them already blue inches from death tubes down their nose because of the 10 or more people in point and gallipolis give them dope and if they don't have money after they give the shit to them and get them hooked, they take everything they have,computers,home decorations,furniture, So don't come on here saying point pleasant don't have a drug problem, I KNOW for a fact they do!!!
Donotjudge

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#40 Aug 27, 2011
clued wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not dumber than shit, Wait till your child shoots up over and over and od's so many times that they are in the ICU for days, Wait till you see one of them already blue inches from death tubes down their nose because of the 10 or more people in point and gallipolis give them dope and if they don't have money after they give the shit to them and get them hooked, they take everything they have,computers,home decorations,furniture, So don't come on here saying point pleasant don't have a drug problem, I KNOW for a fact they do!!!
You are so right. There is a big drug problem in this town and these dealers need to be stopped!!! I realize people can say no to them, but I personally do not want them here. They are a waste of space as far as I am concerned.
clued

Syracuse, OH

#41 Aug 27, 2011
Dr_Hate wrote:
You can take out the local dealers and make a dent in the problem. But the bigger cities have smelled out our little "mayberry" town. So for every one Detroit/Columbus dealer taken off the street there are five more waiting they're turn. A drug court would help. Arrested, in front of the judge the following day and sentenced. Because all these guys are doing is bailing and running back to thier city and hiding out. After awhile the cops get burned out putting thier lives on the line for some scum bag that walks anyway. In turn you get dirty cops. They don't get paid enough so they take money from drug dealers and tip them off when shit is about to hit the fan. It's a vicious cycle that's only going to get worst. The best thing you can do is educate the kids and instead of the cops driving brand new chargers put the money into youth activity. Build a skate park with a stage for bands to come play for underage kids. Charge a cover the maintenance of the park is taken care of and there is a profit. Do you know how many "Christian" rap and rock acts there are. I don't care about religion but so you include everybody and make the parents feel safe go the route. That's just one idea of many things that could be done for the kids. I mean snow comes pick a nice hill and have an intertubing facility. When you start from nothing the potentials are endless.
Very well said, and i also believe if the kids had something to do in this town, it wouldn't stop the drug problem but it would maybe slow down some of the use, I have been racking my brain trying to come up with some kind of plan to get the kids off the streets at least once or twice a week. or friday and sat night,\. We need a place like boogie downs was, only make it work. I found a great dj business if you will, they were playing their music and had the great colorful light show at the fair, Im looking into a building for renting on friday and saturday night. If anyone has any ideas or would like to help post and let me know,,Thank you and God bless each and everyone of you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mason County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Deputies Looking For Man Who Held Up Mason Coun... (Nov '13) 18 hr terry R 8
What About Sending Electronic Personalised Than... Nov 20 NoraRandahl 1
v.f.w mason Nov 16 Wow 2
Handley new EMS Director Nov 4 Just saying 1
News Detroit man pleads guilty for role in Point Ple... Nov '16 honestlyn 5
News Child dies in fire outside Point Pleasant - Oct '16 Jims 48
How to Have a Happy Halloween Party Oct '16 NoraRandahl 1
More from around the web