Swift resolution is needed in shellfi...

Swift resolution is needed in shellfish flap

There are 2 comments on the The Olympian story from Jul 22, 2009, titled Swift resolution is needed in shellfish flap. In it, The Olympian reports that:

For the second time in recent months, a Mason County based seafood company has been accused of growing shellfish on state tidelands.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Olympian.

Wa taxpayer

Tacoma, WA

#1 Jul 25, 2009
Isn't it amazing that Taylor has done it again, I wonder what micro percentage of their profit from this one they will have to pay out. WHY AREN'T THESE CROOKS GOING TO JAIL???
The first one could have been an Honest error, but now here we are again, I wonder how many other tresspasses they are guilty of.
Also a tax payer

Shelton, WA

#2 Jul 29, 2009
Wa taxpayer wrote:
Isn't it amazing that Taylor has done it again, I wonder what micro percentage of their profit from this one they will have to pay out. WHY AREN'T THESE CROOKS GOING TO JAIL???
The first one could have been an Honest error, but now here we are again, I wonder how many other tresspasses they are guilty of.
Crooks? Nobody including the state knew about the mixed up property lines. Taylor only farmed what they were told was the property when the purchased it 30 years ago. As far as farming over property lines, it happens all the time with all shellfish companies. There are no fences, property stakes, mail boxes or anything of that sort on tideland. Most of the tidelands are big flat muddy areas. As far as resolving this, the pay out to the state it was not a micro percentage it was a rather large amount and Taylor is also using gps technology to map all there tide lands so this doesn't happen again. They have always been a huge supporter of the community for charities of all sorts along with outreach programs to school children. Next time you go spouting off at the mouth get your facts staight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mason County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 1 dead, 1 in custody after shooting in Allyn Th... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Andrea 2
News New Belfair restaurants planned (May '14) May '14 brittany 1
News Arrest made in Shelton homicide investigation (Sep '13) Sep '13 ladyman 1
News State would stand alone with abortion-coverage ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Donna Munn 1
News Woman shot at her Shelton home on Wednesday dies (Nov '12) Nov '12 Linda Freeman 1
News Shelton woman shot while answering the door (Nov '12) Nov '12 Smalltowngirl 3
News Brush fire threatens homes, power lines in Maso... (Oct '12) Oct '12 akginger 5
More from around the web