Paducah woman charged with murder in ...

Paducah woman charged with murder in fatal crash

There are 21 comments on the WDRB-TV Louisville story from Aug 17, 2011, titled Paducah woman charged with murder in fatal crash. In it, WDRB-TV Louisville reports that:

Police have charged a young Paducah woman with murder after a fatal traffic crash, saying she was intoxicated and driving on an instructional driver's permit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WDRB-TV Louisville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
argo

Paducah, KY

#1 Aug 17, 2011
She was not on the Marshall Co Jail website yesterday.
missunderstood

Owensboro, KY

#2 Aug 17, 2011
argo wrote:
She was not on the Marshall Co Jail website yesterday.
She is already out. Only spent the night. Talk about justice. I think she should of stayed until trial
oloo

Marion, IL

#3 Aug 18, 2011
there is no excuse for drunk driving. should get the chair. call it murder one it was premeditated.
bob

Paducah, KY

#4 Aug 18, 2011
I think there is something crooked in Marshall CO. How did she get out so quick? Bail should be at least 1,000,000.
missunderstood

Owensboro, KY

#5 Aug 18, 2011
Bail was only $50,000.00
courting

Paducah, KY

#6 Aug 19, 2011
Eighth Amendment excerpt:

When fixing the amount of bail for a particular defendant, the court takes into consideration several factors:(1) the seriousness of the offense; (2) the WEIGHT OF EVIDENCE against the accused; (3) the nature and extent of any ties, such as family or employment, that the accused has to the community where he or she will be prosecuted; (4) the accused's ability to pay a given amount; and (5) the likelihood that the accused will flee the jurisdiction if released.

In applying these factors, courts usually attempt to set bail for a reasonable amount. Setting bail for an unreasonable amount would unnecessarily restrict the freedom of a person who only has been accused of wrongdoing; who is presumed innocent until proven otherwise; and who is entitled to pursue a living and to support a family. At the same time, courts are aware that bail needs to be set sufficiently high to ensure that the defendant will return for trial. Defendants are less likely to flee the jurisdiction when they would forfeit large amounts of money as a result. Courts are also aware that they must protect communities from the harm presented by particularly dangerous defendants. In this regard, the U.S. Supreme Court has permitted lower courts to deny bail for defendants who would create abnormally dangerous risks to the community if released.

Read more: Eighth Amendment - Court, Punishments, Punishment, Cruel, Unusual, and Bail http://law.jrank.org/pages/6368/Eighth-Amendm...

So what do you think? I'm betting she get another DUI before she goes to court.
ooo

Murray, KY

#7 Aug 19, 2011
what goes though there head to drink and drive. I'am 22 drink sometimes, and never get the urg to drive drunk!
mee

Paducah, KY

#8 Aug 19, 2011
well i was just on her facebook and reading some of the things people wrote made me sick to my stomach, talking about how the news has made her out to be something shes not and she needs to be home with her kid(s)..lmfao really people she made the decision to drink and drive and she took a mans life she should have been home with her kid(s) instead of out drinking and driving, i wished they would have made her walk out of the jail and go across the street to the funeral home and be made to face jimmys family and friends, he had two wonderful boys and a gorgous granddaughter that adored him, he was on his way to work and she took his life i hope she never gets out of prison her kids would be better off!!!!!!
Amy

Paducah, KY

#9 Aug 20, 2011
I agree mee! She should Be locked up and the key thrown away! She stole a life of an innocent man! He is gone, because of her stupidity. I too looked at her facebook, and the girl,( Ashley Sullivan) that said the news is making her out to be something she's not, well she's the one that chose to drive drunk. How is the news portraying that any less than the truth? And she has a kid sh needs to go home to? Please! For crying out loud! Stephen did too. I think she should get the death sentence. What if that was one of your loved ones that she killed?
mee

Paducah, KY

#11 Aug 21, 2011
no we dont all drink and drive! as for myself if i drink i have a dd and most of the people i know are the same way thats part of being a responsable adult ... lets just hope you get caught and ur license taken away befor this happens again
?

Owensboro, KY

#13 Aug 22, 2011
An eye for an eye that is what they should do to her. Put her in a truck and let someone hit her head on
Dakota power

United States

#14 Aug 22, 2011
What kind 0f car d0u 0wn
real deal

Marion, IL

#15 Aug 23, 2011
need to take her kids away from her doesnt deserve kids
Justme

Paducah, KY

#16 Jan 17, 2012
And they make pot illegal? Goodness dumb asses.
Anonymous

Paducah, KY

#17 Jan 18, 2012
mee wrote:
well i was just on her facebook and reading some of the things people wrote made me sick to my stomach, talking about how the news has made her out to be something shes not and she needs to be home with her kid(s)..lmfao really people she made the decision to drink and drive and she took a mans life she should have been home with her kid(s) instead of out drinking and driving, i wished they would have made her walk out of the jail and go across the street to the funeral home and be made to face jimmys family and friends, he had two wonderful boys and a gorgous granddaughter that adored him, he was on his way to work and she took his life i hope she never gets out of prison her kids would be better off!!!!!!
People make mastake but don't u dare talk about her kid that's not right
niki

Greenville, KY

#18 Jan 18, 2012
What's her name
Anonymous

Paducah, KY

#19 Jan 18, 2012
Tiffany
niki

Greenville, KY

#20 Jan 18, 2012
Oh I knew about this. I thought it was recent! & she is in jail thank you! & her kid is being well tooken care of
Anonymous

Paducah, KY

#21 Jan 18, 2012
Right on
im real

Byron, GA

#22 Jan 18, 2012
I was in jail with her and she stayed longer than one night, I don't approve of what she did but how many people get drunk and drive? It was an accident!! Just a big one and its not like it was pre meditated murder. Give her a break, she has to live with this the rest of her life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshall County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How do you feel about the principle Stacey Brad... (Jan '11) Jan 29 Noone 11
News LocalMan wanted in 3 counties stopped by flood ... Jan '16 Frirnd 1
Any couples out there looking for another couple Jan '16 Calvertcity 1
Guy named Stacey from 87-88 era (Jul '15) Nov '15 Bell south 5
News Neal, Jameson win Marshall elections Nov '15 just saying 1
Uh oh more republicans Nov '15 upset democrat 1
drugs, drugs, drugs!!!! (May '11) Oct '15 Red headed guy 8
More from around the web