International teachers alleviate shor...

International teachers alleviate shortages

There are 4 comments on the Florence Morning News story from Sep 26, 2006, titled International teachers alleviate shortages. In it, Florence Morning News reports that:

Many school districts in the Pee Dee have hired or inquired about hiring international teachers to help alleviate teacher shortages.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Florence Morning News.

james edens

United States

#1 Oct 8, 2006
THEY SURE DID, THE FOREIGN TEACHERS HIRED CANNOT SPEAK ENGLISH, DO NOT HAVE A DRIVERS LICENSE, THE CHILDREN CANNOT UNDERSTAND THEM . IN BENNETTSVILLE AN AID HAS TO TRANSELATE FOR THE CHILDREN.HOW STUPID CAN A SCHOOL DISTRICT BE, NOT SURPRISING COMPANIES WILL NOT COME HERE THE SCHOOL DISTRICT IS HORRIBLE THE TEACHERS WILL NOT EVEN STAY,THE BEST TEACHERS LEFT OR RETIRED, THE ADMINISTRATORS ARE NO GOOD, TOO MUCH PAY FOR NOTHING, THEY SHOULD BE MADE TO TEACH.
Matt

Charleston, SC

#2 Oct 8, 2006
I agree I went to school there.
Dufus

United States

#3 Oct 15, 2006
The administators cant teach-most of them arent certified and couldnt pass the nte(nation teachers exam)if their lives depended on it.the whole marlboro county school system is a joke-i know some people who went there that said it was literally hell on earth.how can you expect the students to learn when the teachers dont even speak english?half the people in this county are barely literate anyhow,and the drop-out rate from the high school is like 60 percent!Gee,wonder why?
james edens wrote:
THEY SURE DID, THE FOREIGN TEACHERS HIRED CANNOT SPEAK ENGLISH, DO NOT HAVE A DRIVERS LICENSE, THE CHILDREN CANNOT UNDERSTAND THEM . IN BENNETTSVILLE AN AID HAS TO TRANSELATE FOR THE CHILDREN.HOW STUPID CAN A SCHOOL DISTRICT BE, NOT SURPRISING COMPANIES WILL NOT COME HERE THE SCHOOL DISTRICT IS HORRIBLE THE TEACHERS WILL NOT EVEN STAY,THE BEST TEACHERS LEFT OR RETIRED, THE ADMINISTRATORS ARE NO GOOD, TOO MUCH PAY FOR NOTHING, THEY SHOULD BE MADE TO TEACH.
Marion

United States

#4 Oct 24, 2006
I was an honor graduate from Marlboro County High School almost 14 years a go. A lot of the same teachers that taught me are still with the school system so I know there are still good teachers here. But things were a lot different back then. Kids today are different. I never would have considered being disrespectful to a teacher. Today that is a common practice. Teachers were respected then as they should be today. Teachers do not have a leg to stand on in terms of discipline for unruly students. Administration does not back them up at all. What message does this send to the kids? That they can do whatever they want and get away with it-that's the message. And where are the parents of these kids? The school system here has a lot of problems and I have heard that the international teachers do not speak English very well. This just adds to the problems that our school system is facing. What we're doing is not working. We should try some more progressive ideas as seen in bigger cities. This is a very sad predicament, especially for someone like me who always felt that a public school education was good enough for my kids. Now I'm not so sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marlboro County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 3 arrested, 1 at large for Marlboro County crimes (Mar '14) Aug '14 Bonnie Wheeler 3
News Two teens dead after head-on collision in Marlb... (Mar '14) May '14 Makayla 2
News Wanted Horry Co. fugitive arrested in Marlboro Co. (Sep '11) Mar '14 Brandy 11
News K-9 Officer laid to rest after dying from being... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Former Resident 3
News Teen on trial for rape, robbery and burglary (Jul '13) Jul '13 real 2
News Douglas onhouse arrestin murder case (Nov '11) Jun '13 Adam 4
News Manhunt for burglary suspect in Marlboro County (Apr '13) Apr '13 lol 1
More from around the web