Two Dead in Marion Co. Fire

Two Dead in Marion Co. Fire

There are 14 comments on the West Virginia Metro story from Feb 4, 2012, titled Two Dead in Marion Co. Fire. In it, West Virginia Metro reports that:

A Friday night fire in Marion County leaves a man and woman dead. Firemen were called to the scene on Fairview Street in Mannington about 9:30 Friday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at West Virginia Metro.

Marion resident

Fairmont, WV

#1 Feb 4, 2012
So sad. Praying for the family.
marion resident

Fairmont, WV

#2 Feb 4, 2012
yes its sad also praying for family it was lynn harvey and his wife gladis who got burned up in fire when there house burned down lastnight
marion resident

Fairmont, WV

#3 Feb 4, 2012
yes its sad very sad it was lynn harvey and his wife got burned up when there house caught of fire lastnight i also pray for the family
doesnt matterwhat name is

Mannington, WV

#4 Feb 4, 2012
wont be be sensible and let family have there time of morning before telling names on this sight
doesnt matterwhat name is

Mannington, WV

#5 Feb 4, 2012
typing era wont people be sensible
Messed up

Kansas City, MO

#6 Feb 7, 2012
Someone should find out why the VFD did not take a tanker to a working fire. And they show up with a truck the can't use. And then not get assistance from other Marion county VFD's .... Someone dropped the ball on this one.
Fireman

United States

#7 Feb 7, 2012
Messed up wrote:
Someone should find out why the VFD did not take a tanker to a working fire. And they show up with a truck the can't use. And then not get assistance from other Marion county VFD's .... Someone dropped the ball on this one.
You should get your shit straight. There was more than one fire department on that fire. Before you criticize you should just take some time to think. And you think you know what you are talking about??? I would like to see you take a walk in our shoes. Next fire you need to put on some gear and see what it is like. I bet you will not last 5 mins. So before you start this shit. THINK about it first.
so sorry

United States

#8 Feb 7, 2012
Praying for everyone involved
Mannington Resident

Clarksburg, WV

#9 Feb 8, 2012
First let me explain there was no need for a tanker as there were multiple hydrants available. According to our Mayor the residents of Mannington question why other departments come into Mannington for the calls in Mannington. This is called a mutual aid agreement. I think our mayor needs to be more concerned with the saftey of our community rather than letting the code enforcement officer (and I use the term very loosely) run around torturing the good people of Mannington.
Anonymous

Fairmont, WV

#10 Feb 14, 2012
Fireman wrote:
<quoted text>
You should get your shit straight. There was more than one fire department on that fire. Before you criticize you should just take some time to think. And you think you know what you are talking about??? I would like to see you take a walk in our shoes. Next fire you need to put on some gear and see what it is like. I bet you will not last 5 mins. So before you start this shit. THINK about it first.

I think you got to get your shit straight i listened to the hole call your lil attack 95 undermaned first truck out for a workin fire very impressive oh just to set the record straight mannington doesnt use mutial aid inside the city limits no one underatands that cause you loose 5 or more mins just gettin to secene then call 7 but but i will put gear on and ill laster than 5 mins bud and i do kno what im talkim about??????
Fireman

Clarksburg, WV

#11 Feb 14, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you got to get your shit straight i listened to the hole call your lil attack 95 undermaned first truck out for a workin fire very impressive oh just to set the record straight mannington doesnt use mutial aid inside the city limits no one underatands that cause you loose 5 or more mins just gettin to secene then call 7 but but i will put gear on and ill laster than 5 mins bud and i do kno what im talkim about??????
Ok I dont know what I am talking about but I have been doing this for 12 years. And you are wrong my friend. There were more Companies at that fire than just Mannington. I should know because I was there!!!!!!!!!! You think you can do it then you should join and see what it is like. Or you can just sit your lazy ass down and listen to the scaner. Whatever you like. But dont tell me what was going on there that night because I know what happened.
Soph81

Fairmont, WV

#12 Feb 22, 2012
Does anyone know how the fire started? And why these people were not able to get out of the house? Very sad, prayers to the family
lets think

Fairmont, WV

#13 Apr 13, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>I think you got to get your shit straight i listened to the hole call your lil attack 95 undermaned first truck out for a workin fire very impressive oh just to set the record straight mannington doesnt use mutial aid inside the city limits no one underatands that cause you loose 5 or more mins just gettin to secene then call 7 but but i will put gear on and ill laster than 5 mins bud and i do kno what im talkim about??????
mannington does not ask for mutual aid on fires... They "say" that they have enough man power and equipment to handle it on their own .. But let's think.... They are a volunteer organization where their members have other jobs and obligations where they may not be able to respond so how can they ensure they have enough manpower to cover the citizens of the mannington area?... That to me is not looking after the citizens that is a power trip and a law suit waiting to happen .. If I was a resident of mannington I would be asking for a reason why they are putting my life and home at risk with their big ego and power trip in the event of a fire
curious

Clarksburg, WV

#14 Apr 17, 2012
Soph81 wrote:
Does anyone know how the fire started? And why these people were not able to get out of the house? Very sad, prayers to the family
They think the fire started in the kitchen area and the lady couldn't get her husband that was on oxygen and confined to the house out of the house and she wasn't going to leave him... True love right there

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
stephen sean murphy (Jan '13) Jun '17 Justice 10
News Fairmont man convicted on 143 sex charges May '17 Ronald Benton Ray... 4
News Industrial Home for Youth (Jun '10) Oct '16 Weeks 70
Jailbird (Sep '16) Sep '16 mamabear63 1
News Ex-coach charged with molesting 2 more W.Va. boys (Feb '13) Aug '16 Carnie 22
Rednecks on their ATVs (Mar '16) Mar '16 The punisher 1
News Fairmont police investigate armed robbery; susp... (Oct '15) Feb '16 TRUTH 4
More from around the web