Marion County Town Sees Population, Travel Growth

Jul 2, 2011 Full story: WBOY-TV

Around 2,000 people live in Mannington. Town officials say they're working on multiple projects over the next year to meet the growing demand of people work in the area or who are looking to relocate their families.

Full Story
Herman

Morgantown, WV

#1 Jul 10, 2011
This is nothing but a damn lie. Where in the hell are these 10,000 cars that travel through Mannington each and every day? Sounds like that someone is lying to get a grant from the federal government. I thought that the mayor, council, and main street were suppose to make Mannington a great place? It pretty bad when they have to lie to the federal government to get a handout. lol! The mayor and the rest need to go to prison for defrauding the federal governement.

Since: Jun 11

Wheeling, WV

#2 Jul 27, 2011
Good news finally.
Laddie

Meadowbrook, WV

#3 Aug 15, 2011
The good news is if we have that kind of traffic then we should be able to get a new business or two in town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Industrial Home for Youth (Jun '10) Nov '14 Disturbed Darkness 69
Monongah men charged following series of break-ins (Oct '09) Nov '14 Ace Cunningham 16
U.S. Marshals arrest Marion County man for fail... Nov '14 and 6
Manchin's brother files civil lawsuit Aug '14 Joe smith 1
New public shooting range opening in West Virginia (Nov '13) Jul '14 Common sense 6
Ex-coach charged with molesting 2 more W.Va. boys (Feb '13) May '14 Hummmm 21
W.Va. man gets hundreds of years for sex crimes (Nov '13) Nov '13 lil tutu 1
More from around the web