Six Mannington Brothers Honored for U...

Six Mannington Brothers Honored for Unwavering Dedication

There are 8 comments on the WBOY story from Nov 11, 2009, titled Six Mannington Brothers Honored for Unwavering Dedication. In it, WBOY reports that:

All six of the Regillo brothers - Nick, Phil, Lester, Angelo, Tony, and Joe - served our country in four of the five military branches.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBOY.

Big deal

Clear Spring, MD

#1 Nov 13, 2009
So what if they served our country, so did i and my father before me, and many other citizens of mannington, do the rest of us get honored as well or do we need five more siblings to join the armed forces before we are considered equally dedicated?
1TigerLilly

Mathias, WV

#2 Nov 13, 2009
There always has to be one bad apple in the bunch! Did you serve in wartime? Did you land on Normandy or fight the Battle of the Bulge? Do you still serve your community? These brothers are the nicest people you will ever meet and I'm pretty sure you're just a jealous ass. I pray that your narrow mind and black heart will be repaired.
It is big deal

AOL

#3 Nov 13, 2009
I agree with 1 TigerLilly, my husband served in Vietnam and that was an honor, but very seldom do you hear of this many siblings serving, so just be gracious about it.
Big Deal

Clear Spring, MD

#4 Nov 13, 2009
To answer you "ladies" I did serve in wartime, My father served in Vietnam, My grandfather was at 5 major battles in WW2, im not saying it isnt right to honor people for their service, but to honor five men just because they are related? What did they do more than one man? Be it that, that one man fought and died in war or raised no arms against the enemy and only fed the ones who did. There is no difference. And you people can not see such truth because all you see is that because five men related signed up and served. They are no more deserving than ANY other man or woman who risked everything for this country. Jealousy?? I do not envy people who take advantage of their service to the country. If they were so deserving, honor would not allow them to accept this, "dedication".
1TigerLilly

Mathias, WV

#5 Nov 13, 2009
Big Deal wrote:
To answer you "ladies" I did serve in wartime, My father served in Vietnam, My grandfather was at 5 major battles in WW2, im not saying it isnt right to honor people for their service, but to honor five men just because they are related? What did they do more than one man? Be it that, that one man fought and died in war or raised no arms against the enemy and only fed the ones who did. There is no difference. And you people can not see such truth because all you see is that because five men related signed up and served. They are no more deserving than ANY other man or woman who risked everything for this country. Jealousy?? I do not envy people who take advantage of their service to the country. If they were so deserving, honor would not allow them to accept this, "dedication".
DO you think they went out and said "Name this bridge after me?" For the love of God you are incourageable!
no way

Charleston, WV

#6 Nov 13, 2009
Big Deal wrote:
Not sure who you are….nor do I care. What I do know and care about is our community and its residence. Trust me “sir” you will search high and low to find a group of ordinary, yet extraordinary, gentleman such as the Regillo’s. I thank you for your and] your families allegiance and commitment to serving our country. However, this gives you no right to downplay the dedication of this bridge. As a lifelong resident of this community I have always known these gentlemen. Rest assured they do deserve this recognition and we as citizens are honored to have known them. It is not simply that 6 brothers all served in the armed forces. It is the fact that they represent so many of the qualities that are rarely possessed by modern generations. Hard work, dedication, loyalty, philanthropy, compassion, and generosity just to name a few traits. That fact alone is enough to deem them worthy of this honor. Leave yet alone their military service or the fact that Leck Regillo was responsible for saving the life of ex governor Arch Moore in WWII.
Lecks buddy

Clear Spring, MD

#7 Nov 13, 2009
Yeah, you should be ashame. Those old guys are really nice. And we're proud of all our veterans that stood up for our country, wither saving someones life or just being there for support. The only thing they need to be ashamed of is their brother Joe's boys. Selling pills and not caring for their own mother.
you decide

Clear Spring, MD

#8 Nov 13, 2009
no way wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure who you are….nor do I care. What I do know and care about is our community and its residence. Trust me “sir” you will search high and low to find a group of ordinary, yet extraordinary, gentleman such as the Regillo’s. I thank you for your and] your families allegiance and commitment to serving our country. However, this gives you no right to downplay the dedication of this bridge. As a lifelong resident of this community I have always known these gentlemen. Rest assured they do deserve this recognition and we as citizens are honored to have known them. It is not simply that 6 brothers all served in the armed forces. It is the fact that they represent so many of the qualities that are rarely possessed by modern generations. Hard work, dedication, loyalty, philanthropy, compassion, and generosity just to name a few traits. That fact alone is enough to deem them worthy of this honor. Leave yet alone their military service or the fact that Leck Regillo was responsible for saving the life of ex governor Arch Moore in WWII.
So they are getting this because one of them saved a governors life. Peachy. At least the truth is out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Industrial Home for Youth (Jun '10) Sep '17 Maybe 71
stephen sean murphy (Jan '13) Jun '17 Justice 10
News Fairmont man convicted on 143 sex charges May '17 Ronald Benton Ray... 4
Jailbird (Sep '16) Sep '16 mamabear63 1
News Ex-coach charged with molesting 2 more W.Va. boys (Feb '13) Aug '16 Carnie 22
Rednecks on their ATVs (Mar '16) Mar '16 The punisher 1
News Fairmont police investigate armed robbery; susp... (Oct '15) Feb '16 TRUTH 4
More from around the web