Drug Task Force Finds Indoor Pot Grow...

Drug Task Force Finds Indoor Pot Grow in Marion County

There are 38 comments on the WBOY-TV story from Feb 15, 2008, titled Drug Task Force Finds Indoor Pot Grow in Marion County. In it, WBOY-TV reports that:

Authorities in Marion County say they have discovered a "very sophisticated, indoor Marijuana growing operation". The Three Rivers Drug Task force has arrested Leigh Daniel Kisamore, 25 of Mannington. via WBOY-TV

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBOY-TV.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ma-Je

AOL

#1 Feb 16, 2008
Plum Run used to grow tomatoes, beans and cornand beef cattle with a lazy dog on the back steps to guard the "empire". What happened? What happened to the fair going, farmers who quietly worked their land and went to church? Are the church's still functioning? There used to be two, I beleive-the Methodist and the Baptist. What about the store in the forks of the road to McCellan? How many Parkers, Toothmans and Fluharty's are there? Kisamore is not a local name, where did he come from? I guess he is not doing too well financially if he has to resort to a basement floor small business-hard work probably doesn't fit his work description, right?
Concerned

United States

#2 Jul 15, 2008
Mannington is nothing but DRUGS!!!!!!! Even the "church going" people (hipocrits that they are) sell and smoke dope! Going to church does not make you a good person or someone who doesn't do wrong. I am not here to "bash" anyone, but this whole town is whacked!! And it's only getting worse. They even use their food stamps to buy drugs...Imagine that!!
WOW

Westerville, OH

#3 Jul 16, 2008
wow is that all you people do is get on your computer and talk about drugs& everything else. i would love to know what you do behind closed doors.and ma-je who the hell cares about fluhartys, parkers or any of the rest of the two-tooth hillbilly boppin plane last name idiots. get real, its 2008!!!!!!!!! STUPID
redro

United States

#4 Jul 16, 2008
toothmans, fluhartys, and parkers are still in plum run. but things have changed in the little community. most of the farmers are gone, lack of work and no money in farming has destroyed the community. plus the fact no one wants or has the time to farm anymore. it's not the same anymore. i grew up working the farms on plum run.
ganja

United States

#5 Jul 17, 2008
Marijuana is God's gift to mankind. It does no harm. The cop's should be arresting the wife beater's and corrupt politician's than picking on someone doing god's work
Ma-Je

AOL

#6 Jul 17, 2008
Concerned wrote:
Mannington is nothing but DRUGS!!!!!!! Even the "church going" people (hipocrits that they are) sell and smoke dope! Going to church does not make you a good person or someone who doesn't do wrong. I am not here to "bash" anyone, but this whole town is whacked!! And it's only getting worse. They even use their food stamps to buy drugs...Imagine that!!
Oh how right you are when you say going to church does not make you a "good person". Truth is, that being born again gains forgiveness of sins in God's eyes or righteousness. But almost always born again folks go to churches and worship with other born again folks; they want to,since their Savior has done so much for them.

Where there are plenty of born again folk like in some churches, the churches tend to have a positive effect on communities toward behaviors that reflect Godliness even among the people who are not born again. Born again people teach their off spring how to obey God and live holy lives. When children grow up in these kinds of homes they have different actions all the time, thus communities are transformed.

How about you-have you been born again?
Ma-Je

AOL

#7 Jul 17, 2008
ganja wrote:
Marijuana is God's gift to mankind. It does no harm. The cop's should be arresting the wife beater's and corrupt politician's than picking on someone doing god's work
Please do not fall for the philosophy of this world.(Marijuana does harm) and just one way is that it is a gateway drug to more serious things like meth, crack, etc. Money used for a feel good experience certtainly could be better used in God's economy to help the poor or feed the hungry.

I know that it has been proven to be helpful to some ill patients taking chemo for the control of the side effects of those toxins and I for one would advocate such a use if the FDA would just loosen up a bit and legalize the same for RX use.

Given these facts about it and the fact that casual use is illegal, I cannot agree with you that it is 'God's gift' or 'God's work'. God says in his Word in the first few verses of Romans 13 that "we are to obey the authorities over us". That is to say that we are to obey the gov't and what it says. To use the weed is violating what God tells us to do. Maybe we should be working with the state legislature to change the law prohibiting its use, growth, etc.

Yes, I agree that the cop's should be arresting wife beaters and corrupt politicians who have done crime. That is clearly what God placed the civil government in place for.
Carol

Fairmont, WV

#8 Jul 18, 2008
Gee do the Mannington Police Dept. know how to do anything anymore. Wise up Mannington, cops can get payoffs too if it applies to drugs or anything else in this town. Drugs are everywhere not just in Mannington. The police more then likely know who the sellers and buyers are, but sometimes I believe they look the other way. Iam all for wife beater's etc. to get what they have coming to them. I was once on that side of the fence. Guess its time we stop putting the blame on others and see what we can do ourselves to make Mannington a better place for all. Like make a stand at town meetings etc...Go to the Mayor and make a case other then on here.
Ma-Je

AOL

#9 Jul 19, 2008
Carol wrote:
Gee do the Mannington Police Dept. know how to do anything anymore. Wise up Mannington, cops can get payoffs too if it applies to drugs or anything else in this town. Drugs are everywhere not just in Mannington. The police more then likely know who the sellers and buyers are, but sometimes I believe they look the other way. Iam all for wife beater's etc. to get what they have coming to them. I was once on that side of the fence. Guess its time we stop putting the blame on others and see what we can do ourselves to make Mannington a better place for all. Like make a stand at town meetings etc...Go to the Mayor and make a case other then on here.
Yes, making a case to the Mannington Mayor is one action that might help for sure. Attending city council meetings and pleading with the folks might help a little but until the hearts of the people are changed by God there will be no signifigant changes, I am afraid.

Have you tried prayer? Going to church and appealing to the folk there? Leading a life that is an example of Christ's love? Sticking by the Biblical standard of living (Ex 20) by the Ten Commandments and Christ who fulfilled all the Law?

God plaaced the civil government over the people to be His instrument on earth to curb the gross growth of sin. You are right in that they (the police and the government way) may not be doing that to the full extent that they could and the Council may need to make them more accountable but I think that Mannington needs a spiritual renewel...that is not hard to get and it starts with every individual.
sawdog

United States

#10 Jul 23, 2008
You all do realize that God has no religion?
Ma-Je

AOL

#11 Jul 23, 2008
sawdog wrote:
You all do realize that God has no religion?
Whose lie are you believing? Jesus IS God and He was functioning in religion when He walked on earth. Read Matthew, Mark, or Luke or John. He is alive and sits on the right hand of the Father God.
fed up

AOL

#12 Jul 23, 2008
Ma-Je wrote:
<quoted text>
Whose lie are you believing? Jesus IS God and He was functioning in religion when He walked on earth. Read Matthew, Mark, or Luke or John. He is alive and sits on the right hand of the Father God.
obviously you are very dedicated to your church and your religion. I have studied religion and even considered going into the ministry myself. I realized though that organized (man-made) religion has kept more people out of church than in. It is the over the top Bible thumping mentality that turns people away!! You are not going to win souls for Christ with your words or Biblical knowledge but by your actions!!! There is no cause to judge any one...is that not written in His word ( judge not lest ye be judged)!!! We are to love everyone just as Christ loves us!!! Let your actions speak for themselves, no one appriciates someone coming off like they are better than everyone...whether it is intentional or not!! I am sure you mean well I just want to encourage you to reevaluate your approach.
sawdog

United States

#13 Jul 24, 2008
Jesus was obviously gay.
Ma-Je

AOL

#14 Jul 24, 2008
fed up wrote:
<quoted text> obviously you are very dedicated to your church and your religion. I have studied religion and even considered going into the ministry myself. I realized though that organized (man-made) religion has kept more people out of church than in. It is the over the top Bible thumping mentality that turns people away!! You are not going to win souls for Christ with your words or Biblical knowledge but by your actions!!! There is no cause to judge any one...is that not written in His word ( judge not lest ye be judged)!!! We are to love everyone just as Christ loves us!!! Let your actions speak for themselves, no one appriciates someone coming off like they are better than everyone...whether it is intentional or not!! I am sure you mean well I just want to encourage you to reevaluate your approach.
Dear 'Fed up'

I have offended YOU! Please forgive me for that.??

There is much that I would like to talk to you about given an opportunity presented itself. It would be Kingdon business and obviously not for the public forum.

Suffice it to ask if there is an application of 2 Cor:10-11 here? I am painfully aware that I have to give an account of my actions and techniques to Christ at the Judgement Seat, as do these folk who write here. I do not want it to be named among my sins that I offended you , as well.

I believe that what you accused me of is being prideful and that is a grave sin in God's eyes-one of the seven deadly sins? I believe that that sin brings one to a low state or death according to Proverbs.

Your 'logic' about judging and confrontation and love is interesting but is it TRUTH?
sawdog

United States

#15 Jul 24, 2008
Ma=Je you wouldn't know the truth if it conked you on the head. Think for yourself, question authority. There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
fed up

AOL

#16 Jul 24, 2008
Ma-Je wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear 'Fed up'
I have offended YOU! Please forgive me for that.??
There is much that I would like to talk to you about given an opportunity presented itself. It would be Kingdon business and obviously not for the public forum.
Suffice it to ask if there is an application of 2 Cor:10-11 here? I am painfully aware that I have to give an account of my actions and techniques to Christ at the Judgement Seat, as do these folk who write here. I do not want it to be named among my sins that I offended you , as well.
I believe that what you accused me of is being prideful and that is a grave sin in God's eyes-one of the seven deadly sins? I believe that that sin brings one to a low state or death according to Proverbs.
Your 'logic' about judging and confrontation and love is interesting but is it TRUTH?
You have not offended me, and there is no need for an apology...I was just making an observation not an accusation. As far as my "logic" about judgment, confrontation, and love goes, there is only one authority that has the power to judge us and that is Christ Himself. That authority was given to him by His Father God. As believers we are to demonstrate God's love for us by our actions. It does not matter what Church you belong to or what positions you hold it it is your actions that matter!! none of us deserve His love so who are we to judge others. If we see someone who is perhaps going down the wrong road and making unwise choices than we must first develop a relationship with that person, one that is based on Love, than after a certain level of comfort is established we may point out some healthier alternatives to the choices they have made. WE do not need to preach, people will respond only to ACTION NOT WORDS!!!!! THIS IS THE TRUTH AS IT IS WRITTEN IN HIS WORD!!!!
elninbo

Morgantown, WV

#17 Nov 3, 2008
Ma-Je wrote:
<quoted text>
Please do not fall for the philosophy of this world.(Marijuana does harm) and just one way is that [b]it is a gateway drug to more serious things like meth, crack, etc.[/b] Money used for a feel good experience certtainly could be better used in God's economy to help the poor or feed the hungry.
I know that it has been proven to be helpful to some ill patients taking chemo for the control of the side effects of those toxins and I for one would advocate such a use if the FDA would just loosen up a bit and legalize the same for RX use.
Given these facts about it and the fact that casual use is illegal, I cannot agree with you that it is 'God's gift' or 'God's work'. God says in his Word in the first few verses of Romans 13 that [b]"we are to obey the authorities over us". That is to say that we are to obey the gov't and what it says. To use the weed is violating what God tells us to do.[/b] Maybe we should be working with the state legislature to change the law prohibiting its use, growth, etc.
Yes, I agree that the cop's should be arresting wife beaters and corrupt politicians who have done crime.[b]That is clearly what God placed the civil government in place for.[/b]
Oh, man. Ok, smoking weed isn't going to make you want to do cocaine or smoke meth. That's laughable. Smoking weed will make you want to eat snack food.
Doesn't the bible also say that God created all the flora and fauna of the earth for man to watch over and use? I believe this also includes cannabis sativa.
God wanted us to obey authorities? I simply cannot believe this to hold true under all situations. I think that little does hold true under ALL situations. There will always be exceptions.
You kinda make me sick.
realistic

United States

#18 Nov 4, 2008
Is pot really that bad? I've never seen a stoned person get violent, drive too fast, or cause harm to people or property. I have seen drunk people do all of the above.
earl morris

United States

#19 Nov 5, 2008
yay drunk people!
tammy

Levelland, TX

#20 Nov 6, 2008
Personally I see nothing wrong with smokin' a little weed, but I think that it rather asinine to use the excuse that since it is a plant that it is God's gift to us. Not all plants are safe for conumption.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Three Arrested in Mannington Break-In (Jan '09) May '15 brrrapp 20
News Monongah men charged following series of break-ins (Oct '09) Apr '15 salmon run 19
News Industrial Home for Youth (Jun '10) Nov '14 Disturbed Darkness 69
News U.S. Marshals arrest Marion County man for fail... (Nov '14) Nov '14 and 6
News Manchin's brother files civil lawsuit (Aug '14) Aug '14 Joe smith 1
News New public shooting range opening in West Virginia (Nov '13) Jul '14 Common sense 6
News Ex-coach charged with molesting 2 more W.Va. boys (Feb '13) May '14 Hummmm 21
More from around the web