Cop's blood draw not admissible in court

Cop's blood draw not admissible in court

There are 12 comments on the Indianapolis Star story from Aug 19, 2010, titled Cop's blood draw not admissible in court. In it, Indianapolis Star reports that:

Officer David Bisard's attorney, John Kautzman, has released this statement responding to the prosecutor's announcement that all DUI charges will be dismissed, leaving reckless homicide and criminal recklessness: "Earlier today we obtained a significant favorable ruling regarding the lack of probable cause as it relates to the license suspension.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Indianapolis Star.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#1 Aug 20, 2010
It's obvious that the police who covered the accident made sure that their alky buddy's test was done improperly and therefore get him off the hook.

Every officer on the scene of this accident should be fired. The victims and the deceased's family need to sue the hell out of the city, the IMPD, and the drunk; he in particular needs to lose everything.

How corrupt is this police department, and how arrogant are they going to be about their corruption? "Code blue" is just another term for obstruction of justice.
just me

Evanston, IL

#2 Aug 20, 2010
why would anyone think that justice would prevail when the brizzi boy gives a statement to the media?i hope that justice is somehow served to help the victoms in this pathetic and jumbled up unfair mess.

Indianapolis

#3 Aug 20, 2010
Brizzi is the absolute symbol of the corruption and incompetence in our legal system. I'm still waiting for him to find a way to get this cop off completely. Then they can go out drinking together and the cop can drive brizzi home.
just me wrote:
why would anyone think that justice would prevail when the brizzi boy gives a statement to the media?i hope that justice is somehow served to help the victoms in this pathetic and jumbled up unfair mess.
hoosier

Evanston, IL

#4 Aug 20, 2010
maybe the two little friends can karoke some songs at a bar. you know. songs with catchy titles like
every dog has its day.....
The West Newton Kid

Marlborough, MA

#5 Aug 20, 2010
So, it appears that yet another "greased pig" will escape the firm grip of the legal system.

These sleazebag cops make me sick. Any cop involved in an on duty accident should have a legal and admissible blood test administered.

The sad thing is that this is exactly how the cops will handle criminal behavior by one of their own. They will look for any and all available loopholes; instead of holding themselves to a higher standard of behavior than the general public. No wonder why so many people in our land; my self included; feel that the bulk of the nations cops are complete pieces of SH#T; who have absolutely no scrupples or shame.

When are thge Taxpayers going to join together and say "enough is enough. We are damn tired of cops rigging the system in their favor and we are going to fix it once and for all"?

just me

Evanston, IL

#6 Aug 20, 2010
i am so frigging impressed that the cop got to keep his dl.
Elmore

Duncan, OK

#7 Aug 20, 2010
cpeter1313 wrote:
Brizzi is the absolute symbol of the corruption and incompetence in our legal system. I'm still waiting for him to find a way to get this cop off completely. Then they can go out drinking together and the cop can drive brizzi home.
<quoted text>
Yeah, Brizzi can drive him in the Viper up to PT's Show Club. They can celebrate with their buds Tim Durham, Lincoln Plowman, Tim Motsinger, and Jack Cottey.

Our town is becoming known as the place for drunken political kooks and crooks.
Elmore

Duncan, OK

#8 Aug 20, 2010
Final word:

Never call a cop!

I made the pledge years ago. Never call a cop.Either they will ridicule your problem, make you feel stupid that you called them, or try to trump up a charge to arrest you on.

Cops are good for nothing except for killing and hurting people. Sometimes their victims are innocent, sometimes they are guilty.

If I was innocent, I would not take the chance to have a cop around. You never know when they will go off or show up drunk. They may kill you on accident or on purpose, and get away with it.

Indianapolis

#10 Aug 20, 2010
He won't escape completely. The blood draw WILL be allowable in a civil trial, and the victim's families are filing those now.
The West Newton Kid wrote:
So, it appears that yet another "greased pig" will escape the firm grip of the legal system.
These sleazebag cops make me sick. Any cop involved in an on duty accident should have a legal and admissible blood test administered.
The sad thing is that this is exactly how the cops will handle criminal behavior by one of their own. They will look for any and all available loopholes; instead of holding themselves to a higher standard of behavior than the general public. No wonder why so many people in our land; my self included; feel that the bulk of the nations cops are complete pieces of SH#T; who have absolutely no scrupples or shame.
When are thge Taxpayers going to join together and say "enough is enough. We are damn tired of cops rigging the system in their favor and we are going to fix it once and for all"?
really

New Castle, IN

#11 Aug 21, 2010
The family probably will win a civil case, and we - the taxpayers - will pay for his mistake.
Just as we've paid his wages, we'll pay for his mistake.
In the meantime, programs for the elderly, the handicapped, and our children suffer while our money is spent to cover a cop's ignorance.

Indianapolis

#12 Aug 21, 2010
From what I've seen, they are suing the city, IMPD, AND the cop himself. Unfortunately, the only way to get the city's attention is to cost it money.
really wrote:
The family probably will win a civil case, and we - the taxpayers - will pay for his mistake.
Just as we've paid his wages, we'll pay for his mistake.
In the meantime, programs for the elderly, the handicapped, and our children suffer while our money is spent to cover a cop's ignorance.
Linda Bledsoe

San Jose, CA

#14 Sep 1, 2010
If I were a family member of the guy that drunk cop murdered, I would feel obligated to take care of him myself outside of the legal system. Vigilante justice against criminals is not a bad thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Could Terry Curry Be 1st Democratic 2-Term Pros... (Oct '14) Feb 8 Discussed 3
News State seeking input on massive Indianapolis cle... Dec '17 18yearsOn 1
News Opioid crisis strains foster system as kids pri... Dec '17 ok 1
News Indy Parks to widen 10 miles of Monon Trail in ... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Right 2
Marion Indiana Help (Apr '11) Feb '17 surroundings 5
News Murder Suspect Denies Involvement (Sep '11) Jan '17 Merrill 17
News Woman using RFRA defense in child beating chang... (Oct '16) Oct '16 cpeter1313 1
More from around the web