Asthma is hitting adults in greater numbers

Feb 12, 2012 Full story: The Indianapolis Star

As the mother of a young boy with asthma, Tracy Rice never thought that she might be affected with the disease.

Full Story
Thoughts

Carmel, IN

#1 Feb 13, 2012
Indiana does not have emission tests for cars, like most other states have, which leaves the air you breathe to be polluted.
The Union Buster

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Feb 14, 2012
Thoughts and tougher emissions = we decide on who drives what type of car or drives at all. Get real please.Many things can cause asthma not only smoke, People can develop asthma by an allergy to things other than smoking ot breathing in other smoke or airborne pathogens.There was asthma before there were cars. studies have shown foods cause more allergies and breathing problems along with young black teenage mothers not telling their parents they are pregnant until they are about 8 mos . By then any problems are hard to correct. Why so many blacks have a higher infant mortality rate.Has nothing to do with them not getting healthcare , It does though have to do with them not using those contraceptives they have been told to use and won't.It's much easier to pop out many babies and live off an Obama welfare food stamp system then be responsible.I'm sure Liberals will one day tax farts lol.
Linda Bledsoe

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Feb 14, 2012
Thoughts wrote:
Indiana does not have emission tests for cars, like most other states have, which leaves the air you breathe to be polluted.
Actually, only 13 states have those testing requirements...
CA, CT, ME, MD, MA, NJ, NM, NY, OR, PA, RI, VT, and WA.

Of these, ME, MA, OR, RI, VT are among the highest reports of asthma as adults per-capita with 9.9%- 11.1% reporting as a victim.

CT, MD, NY, and PA are in the 2nd highest reporting range at 8.9%- 9.8%. Indiana would also fall into the low end of this range, making it essentially right in the middle as far as cases reported.

The point is that asthma in adults is not linked to emissions testing. Several of the states that have the testing are among those with the highest number of asthma cases. Some of the finest air quality which is found in the upper northeast (VT, ME, NH) and pacific northwest (OR) contain the highest number of asthma cases. The lowest cases are almost all in the southeast and upper midwest...and California.

Pollution may not be good for you to breathe, but it doesn't cause asthma.
Thoughts

Carmel, IN

#4 Feb 16, 2012
The Union Buster wrote:
Thoughts and tougher emissions = we decide on who drives what type of car or drives at all. Get real please.Many things can cause asthma not only smoke, People can develop asthma by an allergy to things other than smoking ot breathing in other smoke or airborne pathogens.There was asthma before there were cars. studies have shown foods cause more allergies and breathing problems along with young black teenage mothers not telling their parents they are pregnant until they are about 8 mos . By then any problems are hard to correct. Why so many blacks have a higher infant mortality rate.Has nothing to do with them not getting healthcare , It does though have to do with them not using those contraceptives they have been told to use and won't.It's much easier to pop out many babies and live off an Obama welfare food stamp system then be responsible.I'm sure Liberals will one day tax farts lol.
Look at the title "Asthma is hitting adults in greater numbers."
Dirty, polluted air is one factor in the state of Indiana.

1. The state of Indiana does not care about outside air pollution but making a big deal a cigarettes. That does not make sense to me.

2.If the state of Indiana "really cared" about people living in the state they would clean up outside pollution first.

3. The state of Indiana is a backwards state. For goodness sakes they still allow motorcyclists to go without motorcycle helmets. What is that about?
Thoughts

Carmel, IN

#5 Feb 16, 2012
Linda Bledsoe wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, only 13 states have those testing requirements...
CA, CT, ME, MD, MA, NJ, NM, NY, OR, PA, RI, VT, and WA.
Of these, ME, MA, OR, RI, VT are among the highest reports of asthma as adults per-capita with 9.9%- 11.1% reporting as a victim.
CT, MD, NY, and PA are in the 2nd highest reporting range at 8.9%- 9.8%. Indiana would also fall into the low end of this range, making it essentially right in the middle as far as cases reported.
The point is that asthma in adults is not linked to emissions testing. Several of the states that have the testing are among those with the highest number of asthma cases. Some of the finest air quality which is found in the upper northeast (VT, ME, NH) and
pacific northwest (OR) contain the highest number of asthma cases. The lowest cases are almost all in the southeast and upper midwest...and California.
Pollution may not be good for you to breathe, but it doesn't cause asthma.
Nineteen states, Linda If car emissions are not tested what are the businesses allowed to do in the state of Indiana?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New councilor has roots in community activism Aug 30 Blackology 1
wtf Aug 19 judge bean 1
Family of 15-year-old Indianapolis murder victi... Jul '14 Pontificating 2
Gov. Mike Pence appoints 2 new utility regulators (Feb '14) Jun '14 Prowd Tee Purty M... 4
Quadruple homicide suspect asks to wed in jail May '14 ima hoosier 4
Candidate for county judge calls mailing unfair May '14 cpeter1313 1
Girls Inc. programs help build girls' self-esteem (Dec '11) Apr '14 JPT 2
•••

Marion County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••