Police union votes to pay for Bisard's defense

Dec 4, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Indianapolis Star

An Indianapolis police officer charged with killing a motorcyclist in a crash earlier this year will get help with his legal bills.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
freedom of religion

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Judged:

just how legal is that
has overtones of racketeering

“6 of one, 0110 of the other.”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Judged:

All for one and one for all, now they're gonna wonder when people lump them all together.
TBS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Judged:

What does the FOP have to gain by defending this POS?
Are they really going to try keep him from losing his job?
The vote was almost totally unanimous.
I'm sure a Bisard defender or two will chime in shortly to remind us how the man is still considered innocent.
No donations to FOP ever

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Judged:

The FOP need not call my house ever again begging for a donation! I would never donate again! If they can back a man who killed an innocent man and injured two others, then they need to take care of their own (alone) from now on! I hope no one donates to the FOP!
MRR

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2010

This case is an absolute freaking joke. I realize every city has corruption and Terre Haute is surely one of them but I can honestly say I am proud that I no longer live in Indianapolis. I am ashamed for the good people that live there.

Douche Bag Bisard will go free with no punishment for sure. Why waste time and money on a trial that has but one outcome...innocent! This is what the city officials, judges, FOP, mayor and lawyers want and they will get their way. They are above the law people!!! Get over it!

My heart is saddened for the Wells family and knowing that their sons killer will never receive justice.
Kabuki

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2010

I would interpret this as a new conduit for the exchange of cash. Bisard has been supposedly paying the lawyer thus far. Now his largess has expanded,provided by the FOP (WHICH SEEMS TO HAVE A LARGE FLOW OF CASH ON HAND). The lawyer distributes the cash....which results in a change of venue. The judge in the new venue (it will be a bench trial) gives Bisard a slap on the wrist. Everyone will be absolutely amazed.

The only justice that will be meted out fairly with no favor given to Bisard will only happen in a civil court.

It's my belief the lawyer representing Bisard is probably a "fixer".
Patroit

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2010

Judged:

The F.O.P. decision to support their scumbag brother Officer Bisard is a slap in the face to the citizens of Indianapolis. Frankly, it makes me sick to my stomach. The public needs to let them know personally how they feel with a e-mail campaign to their board members.(You can find their names and addresses at the link below) I also will be withdrawing my financial support for them and their programs including Shop with a Cop as I do not wish that children be exposed to drunks and dope fiends. The F.O.P. must have plenty of money if they can spend what they have in such a irresponsible way and there are other charities much more worthy. Please join me in this endeavor (you are at your computer so please write a e-mail now)

“Is this thing on?”

Since: Jun 07

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2010

Usually I don't answer when my caller ID shows the parasites that call from FOP & other cop "charities".......bu t I wouldn't miss the next call for anything.
I'm going to string them along and then ask if I can specify that 100% of my "donation" be used for the Bisard victims' families.
I probably won't get the last word of that request out of my mouth before I hear a loud "CLICK"!
MRR

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2010

I like that idea Sown Oats! I just hope when this Douche Bag Bisard gets off with a slap on the wrist that these union F-Tards will lose a some sleep but then again they are probably part of the same corrupt gang. Probably wont phase them at all. I hope they never have to endure a tragedy with complete injustice.

Sleep in peace all of you scum sucking lowlifes!!!
Ole John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Stephanie Mohr - Innocent Victim, or Sadistic Nutcase?
http://www.newinvestigator.com/articles/steph...
Stephanie Mohr, a former Prince George's County, Maryland Police Officer and K9 Dog Handler, who was unjustly sent to federal prison for 10 years for "doing her job".
The letter [1] goes on to explain:
Back in 1995, at a time when there were a lot of burglaries in my county, my partner and I were called to assist when two men, Jorge Cruz and Ricardo Mendez, burglary suspects, were spotted on a rooftop.
When Mendez made a run for it, I released Valk, to stop this dangerous suspect just as I'd been taught -- with a procedure called "bite and hold".
Valk did his job. Mendez was treated and released at the hospital. Both men were charged with breaking and entering ...
The letter culminates in a plea by Mohr to send money to help with her appeal to the Law Enforcement Legal Defense Fund (LELDF).
Why would this poor woman be thrown in federal prison for 10 years for simply fulfilling the duty she was charged with - to protect the people of her community from "dangerous criminals", such as Ricardo Mendez? It certainly seemed like a worthy cause -- but something about this letter just didn't pass the sniff test, in fact, it didn't even pass the gag test; I could smell the bullshit right through my computer screen, but rather than simply dismiss it, I decided to conduct a little research of my own.
Historically, this is a genuine case, and certainly has an element of truth to it. In August, 2001, Stephanie Mohr was indeed sentenced to 10 years in federal prison because her police dog bit a burglary suspect back in 1995, while performing her duties as a Prince George's County Police Officer. But there's a little more to the story than what Mohr and the Law Enforcement Legal Defense Fund (LELDF) would have you believe.
What Stephanie Mohr conveniently neglects to mention, is that the evidence against her was overwhelming, and included direct testimony from four fellow officers who were present at the scene, that the "fleeing suspect" wasn't fleeing at all, and was in fact, simply standing facing the officers with his hands in the air the entire time. Furthermore, the witnesses, including Mohr's superior officer, Sergeant Dennis Bonn, testified that the Mendez:
•made no sudden movements
•obeyed all law enforcement commands
•did not lower his hands
•did not attempt to flee in any way
According to the eye-witness testimony of Mohr's fellow officers, Mohr asked Sergeant Bonn if the dog could "have a bite", to which the Sergeant replied "yes". After what was described as a "very, very brief exchange", Mohr released her dog on the suspect without warning and for no apparent reason. The dog attacked Mendez who, according to Sergeant Bonn's testimony, "still had his hands in the air when ... the dog bit him in the leg.[He] went down screaming and continued to scream."
As a result of the incident, Sergeant Bonn pled guilty as an accessory-after-the-fact to a civil rights violation and testified for the government pursuant to a plea agreement. Mohr was found guilty of violating 18 USC §242 (Depravation of rights under color of law, resulting in bodily injury), and sentenced to the maximum penalty allowed of 120 months in federal prison. She appealed, but the appellate judges had little sense of humor regarding Mohr's actions and dismissed all points of her appeal; they concluded:
"This charged, notorious, highly publicized case requiring two full trials demanded good judgment and a steady hand from the district court. Our careful consideration of both the record and Mohr’s appellate arguments persuade us that Mohr received precisely that. The judgment of the district court is in all respects AFFIRMED."
Think about it next time before you donate anything.
Ole John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Stephanie Mohr, a former Prince George's County, Maryland Police Officer and K9 Dog Handler, who was unjustly sent to federal prison for 10 years for "doing her job".
The letter [1] goes on to explain:
Back in 1995, at a time when there were a lot of burglaries in my county, my partner and I were called to assist when two men, Jorge Cruz and Ricardo Mendez, burglary suspects, were spotted on a rooftop.
When Mendez made a run for it, I released Valk, to stop this dangerous suspect just as I'd been taught -- with a procedure called "bite and hold".
Valk did his job. Mendez was treated and released at the hospital. Both men were charged with breaking and entering ...
The letter culminates in a plea by Mohr to send money to help with her appeal to the Law Enforcement Legal Defense Fund (LELDF).
Why would this poor woman be thrown in federal prison for 10 years for simply fulfilling the duty she was charged with - to protect the people of her community from "dangerous criminals", such as Ricardo Mendez? It certainly seemed like a worthy cause -- but something about this letter just didn't pass the sniff test, in fact, it didn't even pass the gag test; I could smell the bullshit right through my computer screen, but rather than simply dismiss it, I decided to conduct a little research of my own.
Historically, this is a genuine case, and certainly has an element of truth to it. In August, 2001, Stephanie Mohr was indeed sentenced to 10 years in federal prison because her police dog bit a burglary suspect back in 1995, while performing her duties as a Prince George's County Police Officer. But there's a little more to the story than what Mohr and the Law Enforcement Legal Defense Fund (LELDF) would have you believe.
What Stephanie Mohr conveniently neglects to mention, is that the evidence against her was overwhelming, and included direct testimony from four fellow officers who were present at the scene, that the "fleeing suspect" wasn't fleeing at all, and was in fact, simply standing facing the officers with his hands in the air the entire time. Furthermore, the witnesses, including Mohr's superior officer, Sergeant Dennis Bonn, testified that the Mendez:
•made no sudden movements
•obeyed all law enforcement commands
•did not lower his hands
•did not attempt to flee in any way
According to the eye-witness testimony of Mohr's fellow officers, Mohr asked Sergeant Bonn if the dog could "have a bite", to which the Sergeant replied "yes". After what was described as a "very, very brief exchange", Mohr released her dog on the suspect without warning and for no apparent reason. The dog attacked Mendez who, according to Sergeant Bonn's testimony, "still had his hands in the air when ... the dog bit him in the leg.[He] went down screaming and continued to scream."
As a result of the incident, Sergeant Bonn pled guilty as an accessory-after-the-fact to a civil rights violation and testified for the government pursuant to a plea agreement. Mohr was found guilty of violating 18 USC §242 (Depravation of rights under color of law, resulting in bodily injury), and sentenced to the maximum penalty allowed of 120 months in federal prison. She appealed, but the appellate judges had little sense of humor regarding Mohr's actions and dismissed all points of her appeal; they concluded:
"This charged, notorious, highly publicized case requiring two full trials demanded good judgment and a steady hand from the district court. Our careful consideration of both the record and Mohr’s appellate arguments persuade us that Mohr received precisely that. The judgment of the district court is in all respects AFFIRMED."
Ole John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Yeah,..was it her job to violate people Civil and Human rights ?

I dont think so.

Bisard neither gets my sympathy, nor deserves it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••