Ocala economy may see a boost from a ...

Ocala economy may see a boost from a new business moving in

There are 2 comments on the WRUF-AM Gainesville story from May 1, 2012, titled Ocala economy may see a boost from a new business moving in. In it, WRUF-AM Gainesville reports that:

Another big company might be coming to North Florida.The Marion County Commission has unanimously approved a 2.5 million dollar incentive package to bring Sitel Worldwide Corporation to the city of Ocala.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WRUF-AM Gainesville.

mark romani

Ocala, FL

#1 May 15, 2012
we are paying a company 2.5 million dollars for 50 $20.000 a year jobs, this is our hope??? This is after our county commissioners thru away 3000 jobs from Wall Mart distribution center and Sysco foods, Is this a joke or is it for real,how can anyone live on $20.000 a year? all we are doing is creating 50 more low income families. We need commissioners with growth on their brain, not horses, we need to fire all of them and start over,unfortunately it is probably to late for Marion county to ever come back form our local government's screw up's.
emily giles

Nashville, TN

#2 May 15, 2012
I hear ya, and totally agree that Co. Commissioners are about their own pockets and need to be replaced. But... "all we are doing is creating 50 more low income families." ?? Those 50 families that BEFORE getting the job at $20K/yr (agree it's crap pay, BUT) have ZERO income. LOW income is better than NO income, yes? Make sense...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
beeline landscapping STIFFED ME 11 hr ponko 1
beeline landscapping STIFFED ME Aug 14 ponko 1
beeline landscapping reimburse me Aug 9 ponko 1
BEELINE LANDSCAPPING still waiting for reimburs... Jul 31 ponko 1
does crime pay Jul '17 ponko 2
News Marion County suspect dies during jail booking (Sep '06) Mar '17 DB Drive 95
News Marion County Schools Will Now Paddle Students (May '13) Feb '17 Barney Bad 6
More from around the web