NE Ohio Officials Unified Against Tur...

NE Ohio Officials Unified Against Turnpike Sale, Lease

There are 1 comment on the WYTV Youngstown story from Feb 2, 2012, titled NE Ohio Officials Unified Against Turnpike Sale, Lease. In it, WYTV Youngstown reports that:

Mahoning County Commissioners were joined Thursday afternoon by officials from several other northeast Ohio counties to show their unified opposition to any plans to sell or lease the Ohio Turnpike to a private business as a way for the state to generate revenue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WYTV Youngstown.

ohio wrangler

Kent, OH

#1 Feb 22, 2012
It is time and long overdue to tell Kashich that Ohio is not for sale.
He seems to find the money to spend millions to groups to study this and that, he finds money to pay salary increases and create new high pay staffing, he found money to pay our wardens more money (at the expense of rehabilitation of the inmates), which shows there is money without selling off our prisons, turnpike, and state parks. We also don't want fracking done without a lot more study going into it. I have read of a town in PA that has no drinking water anymore due to fracking--and the company will no longer pay for water to be brought into the town. Do we want that in Ohio just to make money for a few????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mahoning County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Youngstown couple pleads guilty to torching man... Jun 8 bobby 2
News Chemical leak closes highways May '15 Doctor Mayo 2
News Carrollton Free Press Standard News | Geologist... Jan '15 Archie Bunker 3
News March trial date set in Firestone Mansion arson Jan '15 rhodeisland 1
News MCCTC Fire Cause (Aug '07) Sep '14 Courtney feeZle 8
News Man shot by police sentenced to 11 years in prison (Mar '14) Mar '14 They cannot kill ... 1
News Super Max prisoner represents himself in court ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Chris 1
More from around the web