Crash closes I-75 in Madison County

Crash closes I-75 in Madison County

There are 11 comments on the WKYT story from Jul 7, 2013, titled Crash closes I-75 in Madison County. In it, WKYT reports that:

A section of Interstate 75 is shut down right now in Madison County after a chemical spill following a crash involving two semi-trucks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKYT.

Tom from Cincinnati

West Chester, OH

#1 Jul 8, 2013
Sat on I75 for over 4 hours. Cops blocked everyone from using emergency turn around roads. Cops even blocked exit ramps before accident .
Thumbs down for KY cops on this one.
virgo

Somerset, KY

#2 Jul 8, 2013
Tom from Cincinnati wrote:
Sat on I75 for over 4 hours. Cops blocked everyone from using emergency turn around roads. Cops even blocked exit ramps before accident .
Thumbs down for KY cops on this one.
it almost seems like they enjoy making people suffer. stupid. they should have handled that better, worst bunch of law I ever seen is ky..no common sense.

BSR

Since: Jun 13

Chicago, IL

#3 Jul 8, 2013
I was on my way home from Rockcastle and sat in the same spot for four hours. It was miserable.
virgo

Somerset, KY

#4 Jul 9, 2013
so sorry, that is awfull thank goodness you had gas. I really feel they could've done a much better job of handling that.
customer

Lexington, KY

#5 Jul 9, 2013
What do you think they should have done? let everyone turn around and go the wrong way up the ramp. tried that ,it didn't work, oh well. Oh yea the cops really want you to suffer LOL what about them dealing with idiots like you all who cant do any better, just want to bitch who cares, if it makes you feel better to talk about the cops, yea everyone is smarter than them Ha ha
virgo

Somerset, KY

#6 Jul 9, 2013
customer wrote:
What do you think they should have done? let everyone turn around and go the wrong way up the ramp. tried that ,it didn't work, oh well. Oh yea the cops really want you to suffer LOL what about them dealing with idiots like you all who cant do any better, just want to bitch who cares, if it makes you feel better to talk about the cops, yea everyone is smarter than them Ha ha
yeah everyone is. haha
Tom from Cincinnati

West Chester, OH

#7 Jul 9, 2013
customer wrote:
They blocked the "emergency turn around road". With the help of the cops they could have started sending cars across to the south bound lanes. NO ONE was talking about sending any car the wrong way. To trap people with babies, small children, elderly, etc. was not right.
Sorry that I upset you.
customer

Lexington, KY

#8 Jul 10, 2013
it was not Berea Police, they agree with you, It was Rockcastle officers.
virgo

London, KY

#9 Jul 11, 2013
customer wrote:
not surprised.
omg

Berea, KY

#10 Jul 11, 2013
customer wrote:
Those rascals!!!!!
Tom from Cincinnati

West Chester, OH

#11 Jul 11, 2013
customer wrote:
Thanks for the information.
I had assumed that the State Police would be in command as the accident caused a traffic backup covering a number of jurisdictions.
Sure would have been nice if all the different jurisdictions could have worked together and came up with a plan to help those stranded for so many hours.
My apologies to the Berea Police (Berea is one of my favorite KY towns).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madison County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Prosecutor points to momentum in fight against ... Aug 17 eskeefe1 1
News Madison County Sheriff's Deputy shot, wounded i... Jun '16 Debbie 5
Kirksville Music Thread May '16 Musikologist 1
News Richmond woman dies in house fire. (May '10) May '16 Anne 82
In search of Shane Lamb Apr '16 cricketdawn 1
News Man enters guilty plea in Richmond double murder Apr '16 Member_of_the_Court 5
Gay guy that steals cars Apr '16 Cathy who 1
More from around the web