Man charged with cannabis possessio...

Dec 11, 2013 Full story: News Democrat 63

An Alton man was charged Tuesday in Madison County Circuit Court with felony charges of driving while license revoked and unlawful possession of cannabis with intent to deliver, Madison County Sheriff Robert J. Hertz said in a press release.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Duck

United States

#1 Dec 12, 2013
Oh no! People are dropping like flies from heroin, lets fill the jail with these 'criminals' so they will be too full for real criminals. Legalize already, IL is a broke state that can fix its own problems with legalization/taxation!
Who cares

Columbia, MO

#2 Dec 12, 2013
Duck wrote:
Oh no! People are dropping like flies from heroin, lets fill the jail with these 'criminals' so they will be too full for real criminals. Legalize already, IL is a broke state that can fix its own problems with legalization/taxation!
I don't care if it's marijuana, heroin, cocaine, or a bathtub mix if your doing or selling dope you deserve to be in jail if not prison. It's a choice you make knowing it ruins communities and lives yet you attempt to justify it in order to feed your addiction. I hope they give that scumbag 10 years!

Since: Mar 11

Granite City, IL

#3 Dec 12, 2013
Duck wrote:
Agreed!
Duck

United States

#4 Dec 12, 2013
Who cares wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care if it's marijuana, heroin, cocaine, or a bathtub mix if your doing or selling dope you deserve to be in jail if not prison. It's a choice you make knowing it ruins communities and lives yet you attempt to justify it in order to feed your addiction. I hope they give that scumbag 10 years!
Considering Marijuana will be medically legal in this state in less than 20 days how can you include it with the illegal deadly deadly drugs without including vicoden, tylenol, advil, ect? Maybe the guy was delivering it to someone that needs it to for pain or even to just stay alive! Marijuana has many more healing applications than hurting. Has NEVER killed anyone like all the above said drugs. Has been proven to kill cancer cells and its the only cure for glacoma and asthma. So, before condemning a plant to the same catagory as drugs that are actually harmful and addictive, educate yourself.
Jurys in

Columbia, MO

#5 Dec 12, 2013
Duck wrote:
<quoted text>Considering Marijuana will be medically legal in this state in less than 20 days how can you include it with the illegal deadly deadly drugs without including vicoden, tylenol, advil, ect? Maybe the guy was delivering it to someone that needs it to for pain or even to just stay alive! Marijuana has many more healing applications than hurting. Has NEVER killed anyone like all the above said drugs. Has been proven to kill cancer cells and its the only cure for glacoma and asthma. So, before condemning a plant to the same catagory as drugs that are actually harmful and addictive, educate yourself.
Right, sounds like a bunch of jibberish. Thousands of people die a year as a result of the marijuana trade, that's enough for me. I spent over 20 years treating patients who had serious psychosis, depression, and other issues from the long term use of marijuana. There are no life saving properties in marijuana only the ability to get someone stoned.
Moron Patrol

United States

#6 Dec 12, 2013
Jurys in wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, sounds like a bunch of jibberish. Thousands of people die a year as a result of the marijuana trade, that's enough for me. I spent over 20 years treating patients who had serious psychosis, depression, and other issues from the long term use of marijuana. There are no life saving properties in marijuana only the ability to get someone stoned.
Who in there right mind would take the word of a anonymous source like yourself when the F.D.A. has apporved marijuana for medical use. Can you can back up your claims with research and not some statement with out proof.
lol

El Monte, CA

#7 Dec 12, 2013
Jurys in wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but you are totally wrong. Cbd's taken out of marijuana are used to treat epilepsy in patients that do not respond in the usual medications. Without it some people would have seizures daily sometimes resulting in death. And, for your imformation, medical marijuana that is high in cbd's will not make you 'stoned'. But it does help relieve pain and cure a lot of ailments. Im sure you were good at what you did, but now that it is actually being researched instead of just ridiculed they are finding thousands of medical uses. The books you learned from are way outdated. They were written before any research was even done on the plant.
zINg

Granite City, IL

#8 Dec 12, 2013
The real truth is some where in between. Marijuana is very addictive. Marijuana has very little use in medicine with the exception of possibly a couple conditions. Most people who use medical marijuana wouldnt take a crap on a pill like Marinol that doesnt get them high, but instead want the sticky bud (hmmmm thats curious). Now if one considers getting high "medicinal", which it most certainly can be, then yes, it has a medical purpose, as does alcohol and other drugs... you feel better when high of course. What most advocates want is to be able to do their drug of choice like drinkers get to do legally, despite alcohol being far more of a problem over all, and for that, they have a legit argument. But making it out to be the best thing sinse penicillin is absurd, and i think hurts their cause in the end.
mike

Edwardsville, IL

#9 Dec 12, 2013
anyone who depends on weed is a loser, I lost my son due to possible drug use and or the association of losers that get high all the time. I think all of them should get the electric chair. id throw the switch and watch their head explode, then go eat dinner. oh yes some of the weak, spineless politicians are going with this. I got an idea, lets go eat some dog poop, how stupid. anyway in the words of the famous forrest gump, "thats all I got to say about that"
Wow

United States

#10 Dec 12, 2013
Wow. People really need to learn some facts about the healing properties of marijuana. You guys are living in the dark ages.
obvious

Glen Carbon, IL

#11 Dec 12, 2013
:REALLY , Did anyone read the article. This drugtard squeeled his tires at 1:30 in the morning and ran the red light at 162 and 111, traffic had to be dead, he should have seen the cop. Either marijuana had an effect on this guy and could have killed someone or one of the thousands of cures for the medical field it is not good for is mental illness.
obvious

Glen Carbon, IL

#12 Dec 12, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but you are totally wrong. Cbd's taken out of marijuana are used to treat epilepsy in patients that do not respond in the usual medications. Without it some people would have seizures daily sometimes resulting in death. And, for your imformation, medical marijuana that is high in cbd's will not make you 'stoned'. But it does help relieve pain and cure a lot of ailments. Im sure you were good at what you did, but now that it is actually being researched instead of just ridiculed they are finding thousands of medical uses. The books you learned from are way outdated. They were written before any research was even done on the plant.
Thousands of medical uses is printed on an old elixir bottle I have. Elixer,snake oil marijuana monkey spit, they all are the fountain of youth

“bringing back mature convo”

Since: Sep 13

granite city

#13 Dec 13, 2013
well the government said it is bad for us so that must be true, THEY would NEVER lie to the American public. Really people use some common sense. There has never been a recorded death caused by THC or cannabis in history. It is physically impossible to OD on weed. Now yes people die all the time from drug dealing/smuggling/etc. but the fact of the matter is that the deaths caused from marijuana are 100% associated with the prohibition of the drug. Much like the gang associations and deaths and murders that alcohol caused during prohibition in the 20's and 30's. Until the 1940's it was legal in this country as was the use of hemp for textile products. Hemp is the strongest known natural fiber in existence but it is outlawed in this country because of the BS political agendas people have. If you do a little research maybe you would know some of these things. My biggest argument is that a man, Dr Sanjay Gupta, who was almost put into the Surgeon General seat has a documentary on the benefits of the drug. If a world respected Dr. makes such claims as to the benefits of the drug I personally tend to believe him over the American Government which has graciously brought you such lies as JFK assassination or the total lack of involvement in 9/11. If you want to be a sheeple and follow everything the government tells you as truth go ahead and do so but I for one am an educated American and can see through the piles of BS they want us to believe. In closing no one is not a total hosier/idiot/junkie/etc for solely using pot, some of the greatest innovators in society used and still use it today. Richard Branson anyone???
Well

United States

#15 Dec 13, 2013
Very well put. Einstein was a genius, he smoked it. The father of our country grew and smoked it. It is illegal to grow hemp but legal to import it. (well, lets just throw millions to other countries for stupidity). Cocaine used to be in elixers too as a heal all. They still use it in medicinal applications and it is addictive. Marijuana is no more addictive than eggplant is. Go ahead, stick with the otc drugs or perscription drugs for pain and we will see who has health problems first. (like when your kidneys, liver and heart shut down) Il use my weed for pain. (might have the side effect of being a little hungry).
dui

United States

#16 Dec 13, 2013
In medically legal states they are making it where you cannot get a dui from driving under the influence of marijuana. There is no reason for it. Michigan has already made it that way and Illinois will too. If there can be cars parked at bars there is no reason a plant should keep you from driving. Never heard of anyone smoking a lil weed and driving over a family of 6 have ya? NOPE, doesnt happen. Never see anyone swerving all over the road after smokin do ya? NOPE, doesnt happen. People, get your facts straight. Some of the jibberish on here sounds like a DARE meeting. All BS.
what

United States

#17 Dec 13, 2013
dui
driving under the influence
Pretty sure that'll remain illegal!
jill

Granite City, IL

#19 Dec 13, 2013
"just an op" cant even use proper english, lol, must be high, takin it in the butt also
dui

United States

#25 Dec 13, 2013
It may remain a 'dui' here. But they will need to change that at the end of the year to include blood pressure pills, vicoden, norco, ect. because they will be in the same class. When its medically legal patients can legally drive on their medicine just like they do now on their body destroying scripts. I would much rather pass a person on the road that is a little high from weed rather than someone that you cant even understand what they are saying because they are drueling on themselves high on their xanax..
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#26 Dec 13, 2013
The cops "found" the marijuana under the car?

And 30 ounces. I didn't think they had to carry that much
along to get a conviction. In some states an ounce or
two will do it.
sure

United States

#29 Dec 13, 2013
Your saying people dont take their pain pills everyday and then drive to work? Thats crazy! I guess you think when people leave the local bar they arent too intoxicated to drive..Maybe unicorns and pots of gold under the rainbow too. lol. The roads will be much safer when people start medicating with marijuana and stop doin the manmade pills that are screwing people up worse than pot ever has or will.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madison County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Illinois man gets 20 years in Granite City home... Dec 22 88hhh88 45
who is the new sheriff of Madison county Nov 29 jen 1
Granite City couple charged with beating, suffo... (Nov '09) Nov '14 wow 25
Granite City man accused of theft, strikinga Oct '14 BruthaLove 8
Man accused of emptying mom's accounts (Nov '06) Oct '14 Tough Guy 9
Parents Charged In Childs Battery Sep '14 Bounty Hunter 3
Grand Jury Rules Officers Actions Justified Sep '14 woww 2
More from around the web