29-year-old woman missing from Harvest

Jul 26, 2008 Full story: Mobile Register 55

Madison County investigators are asking for the public's help in finding Jennifer Fay Powers, who has been missing since July 12.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
interested

Bayside, NY

#42 Aug 10, 2009
Deb wrote:
<quoted text>
According so some of the family members that we have talked to, Jennifer was going thru treatment at a state certified treatment center at the time of her disappearance. These same family members saw her on Friday before she went missing. She had been to the rehab clinic that very day. When you are in rehab, you are drug tested each and every time that you go in to get the meds that they are using in your particular treatment program. Since Jennifer had been to the clinic that very day, she would have been tested and if anything other than what they were giving her was found in her system, she would have been kicked out of the program. These family members know for a fact that Jennifer had received her treatment meds, so that rules out her using anything else than what the clinic gave her. Also, she would not have the need to be meeting up with a drug dealer somewhere since she was in treatment and testing clean.
It is to bad that info was made public.
guin

United States

#43 Sep 16, 2009
I check all the web sites I can find everyday concerning jennifer hoping for new information or comments from her friends for any news. I think about winter coming and what if her body is out there exposed to another winter. It breaks my heart I have children her age and I know the heartache her family must live with everyday. If anyone knows anything, please give these people some peace.
rhonda

Grand Rapids, MN

#44 Oct 5, 2009
pray for the family iam her step aunt i have been praying for her some told me they think she at water fall and shes alive a women told me this shes see things other people dont she told me this
here there

Bayside, NY

#45 Oct 5, 2009
rhonda wrote:
pray for the family iam her step aunt i have been praying for her some told me they think she at water fall and shes alive a women told me this shes see things other people dont she told me this
Hope you are right. we ALL need closure.
Bill

Huntsville, AL

#46 Oct 20, 2009
I also went to high school with Jennifer. I think about her every couple of months, just wondering if there are any new developments. I do not know what her situation was at the time of her "disappearance", but I think it is time that her husband gets seriously investigated. Has the property been searched by authorities? Does he still live in the same house? If so, I would think there must be something there to find???? I pray that the family gets closure on this tragic event.
guin

United States

#47 Nov 22, 2009
Does anyone have any news about Jennifer Powers? I check all the web sites I can find and seems everything has just come to a dead end. Maybe our Sheriff's department hasn't give up.
Heather

Huntsville, AL

#48 Dec 15, 2011
I would really like to hear about an investigation into her disappearance....starting with the property and her husband. I am willing to help in any way that I can. Question: Why in the h*** anyone would say anything about drug use is beyond me what a stupid thing to do, when a person is missing there is a stigma with drug use maybe this is why the police aren't putting any effort into actually doing something for Jennifer. She was trying to get help! Why would this be made public??? God Bless those poor kids, they deserve answers!
still interested

Bayside, NY

#49 Dec 15, 2011
Wow I sadly forgot about this. I can't believe Jennifer still hasn't been found.
Heather

Huntsville, AL

#50 Dec 16, 2011
Right. All this time and nothing. It's very odd. I can't understand giving up it doesn't register to me. She hasn't been declared has she? Maybe someone could ask her husband? The police? Apparantly there was a news story about her missing that aired in May 2011 then again....nothing.
chesse it

Madison, AL

#51 Jan 4, 2012
guin wrote:
I heard the family has had some contact with her, does anyone know if this is right
No They have not
Heather

Huntsville, AL

#52 Jan 5, 2012
Just opinion, as I and apparantly no one else has detailed facts (with the exception of her husband) Not even the police, which is just the weirdest thing to me. If the family had contact with her I am sure that they would be kind hearted and thoughtful enough to people outside her family and close friends know that she is not missing and no explanation is needed as long as her family KNOWS she is safe.
michael

Frankfort, KY

#53 Aug 24, 2012
why did it take her husband two weeks to report her missing? if it were my wife, i'd be doing something after the first day or two.
wow

Lynbrook, NY

#54 Aug 25, 2012
I can't believe she has been missing 4 years. I didn't know Jennifer but I did request to be updated through Topix on any new info. We all go on living our lives, forgetting stories like this one. The guilty live on and the innocent victims are forgotten. I still hope she is found.
Michelle Ivey

Huntsville, AL

#55 Jan 31, 2013
I grew up around Jennifer I was a little girl at the time she and her family were like family to us. My grandma and her mom were best friends this breaks my heart that there hasn't been any new leads my question is I believe someone out there knows something all of her close nit friends need to be interviewed I don't want this to be a cold case file I think the more we can find out and dig into her background the better it would be not just give up any answers is better than nothing my prayers are with the Locke family

United States

#56 Feb 13, 2013
Jennifers daughter Brittany is dying of liver cancer she is on hospice and fam is saying she won't make it thru another day..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madison County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Student used as bait is raped when teacher's ai... Sep '14 Willie Wilkens 1
Is Dale Strong doing a good job? Sep '14 Don 2
Country Day School teacher Brett Naff arrested,... (Sep '12) Aug '14 Not A Soccer Moms 178
Hazel Green woman who fatally stabbed husband g... Aug '14 Friend 1
Deputies arrests 2 in Wednesday's Meridianville... Aug '14 loveya 1
Controversial Huntsville public housing complex... Jul '14 Tea Party Supporter 2
Arrest made in Saturday night murder (Oct '07) Jul '14 Missing cuz 43

Madison County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE