29-year-old woman missing from Harvest

29-year-old woman missing from Harvest

There are 55 comments on the Mobile Register story from Jul 26, 2008, titled 29-year-old woman missing from Harvest. In it, Mobile Register reports that:

Madison County investigators are asking for the public's help in finding Jennifer Fay Powers, who has been missing since July 12.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mobile Register.

Butter

Littleton, CO

#22 Oct 31, 2008
I cant believe nothing is being done to find Jennifer. Why isnt this all over the news? Who just walks away with nothing and noone knows anything. I know the family and hope they are holding up well. My heart goes out to all involved I have children of my own and could never just walk away and I will never believe Jennifer did untill it is proven.This has the stink of foul play all over it.I wish I still lived in Alabama I would be out searching every chance i could get. Hope this all ends peacefully and her children get answers to questions they so deserve as well as all her friends and family.
guin

Columbus, GA

#23 Nov 4, 2008
does anyone have a update. I think about her and her family everyday. I can't imagine what her family is going through.when you hear about people disappearing and search parties get out and combing the area, has this been done?
filldirt

Leoma, TN

#24 Nov 11, 2008
This is what we have planned as of now.

Sat., Dec 6th

We will be meeting in the parking lot of Sparkman High School between 8:30 - 9:00 am. We will be having a little briefing and then head out. The house where Jennifer lived is close to Sparkman, that's why we chose it.

We've checked satellite maps and there is a larger wooded area right behind where she lived. That's where we want to search.

I've emailed the Sheriff's Dept. and told them about our plans. The other lady is contacting the tv stations and the Times.

We've also learned that Jennifer's husband has recently been fired from his job. We don't know what is behind that one, yet.
----------

This note above is the latest I have the Lady wrote the above lives in Canada and will be down in a couple of weeks, If I learn more I will post it.
Deb

Ottawa, Canada

#25 Nov 13, 2008
ardmore girl wrote:
for all the people that want to point fingers at jennifers husband jason. i have known him my whole life..he would do anything for anyone anytime they needed it. so unless he is PROVED to be involved quit bashing his reputation!!!!!!!!
I must have missed something. I do not see his name or reputation bashed anywhere in these comments.

The focus here should be on finding Jennifer. If she is found alive and well, that will be wonderful. However, if the worst possible thing has happened to her, then the investigators on this case will take it from there and the responsible person will be held accountable for their actions.
Deb

Ottawa, Canada

#26 Nov 14, 2008
Yesterday marked the 4 month anniversary, of Jennifer's disappearance.

Halloween has come and gone. Her children did not have their mother to help them with their costumes and going from house to house to say those magic words "trick-or-treat". She wasn't there to help sort thru the candy that they got. Any of you that are parents know how much fun that is. You laugh with your children on this night when they dress up and then go thru their candy when you get back home. It's something that you and your children always remember and look back on thru out your lives.

Now, Thanksgiving and Christmas are upon us. Christmas is going to be the toughest time for this family. Unless Jennifer is found soon, this is going to be the hardest Christmas that they will ever have to go thru. Put yourself in her parent's place. How would you handle having to go thru this most special of holidays without your child. Not knowing where she is or what has happened to her. Think of how her children must feel, having to spend this time with their mother gone.

Some people keep saying that the kids are "doing great". How could any child be doing great when they don't know where their mother is? Has anyone ever stopped to think that these children may be thinking that their mother didn't love them enough to stay with them? They may not talk in front of people about her.....but she's there in their minds.

This family has a right to know what happened to their mother and daughter. That is why we are organizing a search party to look for Jennifer. If anyone is interested in helping to look for her, please join us on Dec. 6th. We will be meeting at the parking lot of Sparkman High School between 8:30-9:00am.

Please help us in our effort to find Jennifer for her children and her parents.
helpfindher

Grovetown, GA

#27 Nov 14, 2008
This has been on my mind. Don't you think the kids should be seeing someone so they can talk about this. Trust me they are not doing great. This is eatting them up inside. My father did walk away from our lives and it bothered me for many many years. I finally learned how to deal with it and let it do. There is more to the story and everyone is hiding and not saying anything. Hopefully on Dec 6 it will give us some answers.
Deb

Ottawa, Canada

#28 Nov 16, 2008
The plans for searching for Jennifer have been confirmed.

As stated earlier, we will be meeting on Sat., Dec 6th in the parking lot of Sparkman High School between 8:30-9:00am. There will be a short briefing prior to us heading out to the search area.

We are asking that each individual bring a flashlight, notepad and pen with them. The notepad and pen are for making notes thru-out the day to show where you have searched. We are asking that you wear boots or shoes with thick soles. We don't want anyone stepping on anything and being injured.

We will be furnishing bags for you to put your trash in during the day. We don't want to litter the search area. There are other things that will be discussed that morning.

We want to stress most of all, that we would like this to be handled with as much respect as possible, for Jennifer and her family. We do not know if any of her family will be present or not, even though they are more than welcome to join us. However, just please treat this situation as you would if it were your daughter, mother or other loved one.

Anyone that wishes to help, is more than welcome to meet us at the high school that morning. We want you all to know that we appreciate any time that you are willing to offer in an effort to help in finding this beautiful young woman.
guin

Columbus, GA

#29 Nov 19, 2008
Deb wrote:
As stated earlier, we will be meeting on Sat., Dec 6th in the parking lot of Sparkman High School between 8:30-9:00am. There will be a short briefing prior to us heading out to the search area.
We are asking that each individual bring a flashlight, notepad and pen with them. The notepad and pen are for making notes thru-out the day to show where you have searched. We are asking that you wear boots or shoes with thick soles. We don't want anyone stepping on anything and being injured.
We will be furnishing bags for you to put your trash in during the day. We don't want to litter the search area. There are other things that will be discussed that morning.
We want to stress most of all, that we would like this to be handled with as much respect as possible, for Jennifer and her family. We do not know if any of her family will be present or not, even though they are more than welcome to join us. However, just please treat this situation as you would if it were your daughter, mother or other loved one.
Anyone that wishes to help, is more than welcome to meet us at the high school that morning. We want you all to know that we appreciate any time that you are willing to offer in an effort to help in finding this beautiful young woman.
thank you to the people that got this back to the attention of the public. the authorities needed a jump start.
guin

Columbus, GA

#30 Dec 7, 2008
Deb wrote:
has there been any updates about jennifer. did the search sat.(dec. 6) happen. I noticed one of the tv stations did a story on her disapearance. thank to the people who are keeping this story alive.
concerned

Columbus, GA

#31 Dec 18, 2008
is this a subject no one should ask about any more?
Ryan Ballou

Spokane, WA

#32 Jan 24, 2009
whats going on down in Alabama? From my own asking of friends it seems like nothing new is being done to solve this. I hope this issue is not nearing an end where people just give up and nobody cares.
guin

Columbus, GA

#33 Jan 26, 2009
In the past the governor of alabama has offered rewards for information in crimes. I believe a crime has been committed here. does anyone know if the family has looked in to this.
Nell Valenti

Madison, AL

#34 Feb 14, 2009
has this woman been found yet? and why doe sthe link given with photo info go to a white racist link? very weird
guin

Columbus, GA

#35 Feb 20, 2009
guin wrote:
In the past the governor of alabama has offered rewards for information in crimes. I believe a crime has been committed here. does anyone know if the family has looked in to this.
i'm sorry to be a pest about this but can someone at least post information or give people an update. I know this is personal and her family must be going crazy.
Deb

Ottawa, Canada

#36 Feb 21, 2009
I'm so sorry for not posting sooner about the search. While I was there, I had no internet access to post anything, and I've been dealing with some health problems since I got back home.

The search turned up nothing of any value. Even though we tried to do everything according to how we had been advised by the Sheriff's Dept., there were some people (Jennifer's family members) that decided to do things their own way. This, of course, did not help the situation. There were some bones found, but they were goat bones and not human. I was notified of this by the CSI that came to the scene to retrieve them, after they were checked by the forensics doctor.

There cannot be a reward issued, because to-date, legally there has been no crime committed. Unfortunately, until remains are found that can be identified as Jennifer's, she can only be legally listed as "A Missing Person".

Jennifer's ex-husband's family did give us some interesting information about her, that I cannot discuss at this time. However, after some of the things that they told us, there are a couple of more places that we would like to search when I'm back down in a few weeks.

I can promise you that there are at least a few of us out here that have not forgotten Jennifer, and we will not stop until she is brought home...one way or another.
guin

Columbus, GA

#37 Feb 21, 2009
Deb wrote:
I'm so sorry for not posting sooner about the search. While I was there, I had no internet access to post anything, and I've been dealing with some health problems since I got back home.
The search turned up nothing of any value. Even though we tried to do everything according to how we had been advised by the Sheriff's Dept., there were some people (Jennifer's family members) that decided to do things their own way. This, of course, did not help the situation. There were some bones found, but they were goat bones and not human. I was notified of this by the CSI that came to the scene to retrieve them, after they were checked by the forensics doctor.
There cannot be a reward issued, because to-date, legally there has been no crime committed. Unfortunately, until remains are found that can be identified as Jennifer's, she can only be legally listed as "A Missing Person".
Jennifer's ex-husband's family did give us some interesting information about her, that I cannot discuss at this time. However, after some of the things that they told us, there are a couple of more places that we would like to search when I'm back down in a few weeks.
I can promise you that there are at least a few of us out here that have not forgotten Jennifer, and we will not stop until she is brought home...one way or another.
thanks so much. not a day goes by that i don't think of her.
interested

United States

#38 Jul 27, 2009
Any updates? It said she was addicted to drugs at the time of her disappearance. Is this true?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/powers_...
TimB

Birmingham, AL

#39 Aug 5, 2009
The authorities ought to be interrogating every addict and pusher they arrest in the area. It's not THAT big a community, and the perpetrator(s) has probably bragged to somebody.
interested

United States

#40 Aug 6, 2009
I think it is awful that a greater search isn't out there. If it isn't that big a community then you'd think the cops would be all over it. Maybe because drugs are possibly involved they push it aside? Disgusting. I hope they can eventually get closure for her family.
Deb

Mississauga, Canada

#41 Aug 10, 2009
interested wrote:
Any updates? It said she was addicted to drugs at the time of her disappearance. Is this true?
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/powers_...
According so some of the family members that we have talked to, Jennifer was going thru treatment at a state certified treatment center at the time of her disappearance. These same family members saw her on Friday before she went missing. She had been to the rehab clinic that very day. When you are in rehab, you are drug tested each and every time that you go in to get the meds that they are using in your particular treatment program. Since Jennifer had been to the clinic that very day, she would have been tested and if anything other than what they were giving her was found in her system, she would have been kicked out of the program. These family members know for a fact that Jennifer had received her treatment meds, so that rules out her using anything else than what the clinic gave her. Also, she would not have the need to be meeting up with a drug dealer somewhere since she was in treatment and testing clean.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madison County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Murder trial begins for 30-year-old Huntsville ... (Jul '09) Nov 26 I Br 8
Madison County Arrest Mugshots and Criminal Rec... Oct '16 Mia 2
News AL church officials busted for child sex crimes... Jul '16 btoom 2
News Country Day School teacher Brett Naff arrested,... (Sep '12) Jul '16 Ray Buckey 187
News Court documents: Hoverboard blamed for house fire (Dec '15) Dec '15 Scam Product 1
News Davis Clinic seeks to eradicate AIDS transmission (Nov '13) Jul '15 Sergey Makarov 2
News Exclusion over gay marriage not the Baptist way... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Richard Donahue 1
More from around the web