Man may face two robbery charges

Man may face two robbery charges

There are 117 comments on the The Times Herald story from Mar 18, 2008, titled Man may face two robbery charges. In it, The Times Herald reports that:

“It's just because they're not in constant communication. Otherwise, I don't know that it works in his favor.”

Scott Edward Berry, 36, will not be getting out of the St. Clair County jail unless he can come up with a $250,000 bond. via The Times Herald

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times Herald.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
scottsfan

Lansing, MI

#103 Apr 28, 2008
why does carol hate her own flesh and blood SO much?
wondering wrote:
the children's mother needs to deal with this, with compassion and some damage control. what would she tell her current husbands kids, say, if he were out driving drunk, hit and killed someone, and went to jail?(could happen). would she be compassioniate, and let his kids know that their father loves them, and try to help them understand, as any normal parent would do? or would she be hateful, and tell them their father is a piece of shit? So why does she treat her own kids differently? does she not care about THEIR feelings, and what they are going through? does she hold some kind of hate for them because they are of scotts blood? or does she care only about herself? hopefully she sees the light before its too late, before she damages those kids.
truth or dare

Detroit, MI

#104 Apr 29, 2008
I hope that the folks that are reading these little chats think that they realy know Carol, Scott's ex does'nt really know her at all. She is not the sweet little thing that people think Scott married, she got pregnant so that Scott would marry her (maybe it was on purpose becase she was a desperate wentch) It seems that she has become a total bitch, and I feel sorry for the new guy in her life. I hope he wakes up soon and smells the bitch beore to long. She is trying to ruin Scott's life anyway she can, maybe it was she or her mother that turned Scott in. They would be the only one's that knew what he drove. Carol does know what she has coming she does know that her own life may change soon. Someone that has enough hatred towards her ex in-laws has a big problem She wont even let the granparents visit or call. I feel sorry for the children. They need to have contact with their father and his parents. Maybe the court will take the children away from her because Ive seen things that she has done it is only time.(maybe even go to jail. I am sure that the friend of court and the IRs would like to know that she is working for cash and not reporting it. I have a friend that works for the IRS and it will be soon that they are on her a double s.
scottsfan

Lansing, MI

#105 Apr 29, 2008
everything that youve said is correct. that poor guy that carol married has no idea what hes gotten himself into. i dont wish evil upon anyone- but what goes around comes around and carol turn is about up. those kids will be better off with scotts family, who are loving/caring/nurturing/genero us- not with carol who is a lying manipulative/aggressive/contro lling/unstable/miser-able person. What we can hope for is that they find scott innocent "beyond a reasonable doubt"- he'll get out and get custody of those kids.
truth or dare wrote:
I hope that the folks that are reading these little chats think that they realy know Carol, Scott's ex does'nt really know her at all. She is not the sweet little thing that people think Scott married, she got pregnant so that Scott would marry her (maybe it was on purpose becase she was a desperate wentch) It seems that she has become a total bitch, and I feel sorry for the new guy in her life. I hope he wakes up soon and smells the bitch beore to long. She is trying to ruin Scott's life anyway she can, maybe it was she or her mother that turned Scott in. They would be the only one's that knew what he drove. Carol does know what she has coming she does know that her own life may change soon. Someone that has enough hatred towards her ex in-laws has a big problem She wont even let the granparents visit or call. I feel sorry for the children. They need to have contact with their father and his parents. Maybe the court will take the children away from her because Ive seen things that she has done it is only time.(maybe even go to jail. I am sure that the friend of court and the IRs would like to know that she is working for cash and not reporting it. I have a friend that works for the IRS and it will be soon that they are on her a double s.
Normal Yooper

Combined Locks, WI

#106 May 12, 2008
loud n clear wrote:
<quoted text>
hey normal yooper- thats pretty funny-obviously u were in his shadows. no wonder u r pissy
LOL, yes I made the team, played both ways and no, I was not in his shadow. LOL I'm older than him but he showed up at our parties. Everyone up here knows what he was up to and why Carol left him. He has made is bed, let him lay in it.
just wondering

Brighton, MI

#107 May 13, 2008
so you're saying scott got with your girlfriends at those parties, thats what your upset about?? carol is a stupid wench, scott should have been the one to leave her ass behind! he should have kicked her slutty, money-hungry ass to the curb, and probably would have 'cept for the boys. see, you really don't know shit about anything! maybe you just want to do her, stinky, wenchy carol, go ahead, i'm sure she's up for it, married or not. but be careful, she may try to get pregnant and take YOUR ass for a ride.
mamesaskank

Grand Blanc, MI

#108 May 22, 2008
mames wrote:
just another scam artist. Scott Berry will take you for evertthing you got, he needs to be stopped. Like I said I dated him and I guess you can say "He screws real good" screws you over.
I'll never see my 30,0000 dollars now. I did win that in court, however now the bastard is still getting free living, from all us, I still willl be paying for him with my tax dollars, for his three hots and a cot.
first of all, skanky mary, you got your money back, and you won't be paid twice, if thats what you think. and who you trying to fool? prostitutes don't pay taxes!! you are the scum of scum, how dare you write all of your bullshit, trying to make scott look bad. you know what you did, and one way or another, its going to come back on you, wench!! look out, crazy mary, cuz karma is going to get you, majorly! maybe YOU need to just "hang up"!
mamesaskank

Belleville, MI

#109 May 23, 2008
to everyone fan or not wrote:
<quoted text> Who ever you are, you sound like a nice guy! It is nice of you not to side with anyone and speak the truth! Well Well here we
have someone who actually likes scott and tells of his problems, are you gonna call this person out on the carpet for speaking the truth? I guess he's a liar too? When everyone knows scott lost his job due to drugs. Oh but I forgot he doesn't
do drugs, maybe who ever wrote that comment about
watching him take a piss test would like to drink it.For those of you who are in denial, I feel bad for you, unless you are not in denial and know the truth and just won't face it.I bet he hangs up too.
you are a frickin' MORON! no one is in denial about anything, your comment about the drug test, how assinine. he does not do drugs, can pass a drug test, and will come out of this with his head held high, no matter what the outcome is. you do not matter in his life, therefore, what you say does not matter.
Journey

AOL

#110 Jun 1, 2008
All of the negative energy being put into these postings is a waste of time. Love is unconditional and those who love Scott and are behind Scott should take the time to pray that Scott gets the help he needs to make it through this horrible situation. It doesn't matter what others think about Scott--why bother fighting about it? No one really knows another person completely and shouldn't assume that they do. Everything happens for a reason--we don't always know the bigger picture nor the outcome. It is sad to say but sometimes in your life you have to hit rock bottom before you seek help to work your way back up. I don't claim to know Scott anymore as it has been many years since I have seen him. But regardless of any mistakes a person makes you can only pray that they find happiness in their life. You can't blame others for where Scott is tody. We all have choices, as difficult as they may be, that bring us to where we are today. Don't sling mud at each other trying to find out who is to blame for where Scott is today. Let him know that you support and are behind him getting well and pray that he will find a way to establish a stable lifestyle to share with his children. I know this must be horrible for his family. This is truly heartbreaking....but it's very possible to overcome.
hoping

Lansing, MI

#111 Jun 6, 2008
that is probably the most knowledgeable, heartfelt and caring thing ever posted. i completely agree with you. Thank you for saying that.
Journey wrote:
All of the negative energy being put into these postings is a waste of time. Love is unconditional and those who love Scott and are behind Scott should take the time to pray that Scott gets the help he needs to make it through this horrible situation. It doesn't matter what others think about Scott--why bother fighting about it? No one really knows another person completely and shouldn't assume that they do. Everything happens for a reason--we don't always know the bigger picture nor the outcome. It is sad to say but sometimes in your life you have to hit rock bottom before you seek help to work your way back up. I don't claim to know Scott anymore as it has been many years since I have seen him. But regardless of any mistakes a person makes you can only pray that they find happiness in their life. You can't blame others for where Scott is tody. We all have choices, as difficult as they may be, that bring us to where we are today. Don't sling mud at each other trying to find out who is to blame for where Scott is today. Let him know that you support and are behind him getting well and pray that he will find a way to establish a stable lifestyle to share with his children. I know this must be horrible for his family. This is truly heartbreaking....but it's very possible to overcome.
thank you

Grand Rapids, MI

#112 Jun 11, 2008
to everyone who supported and prayed for scott, thank you. he will soon be home. he knows that coming home is only the beginning of the long road ahead, of apoligizing to his loved ones, and gaining their respect and trust again. he realizes what he has to do, and is prepared to do whatever it takes. God will forgive him, and hopefully everyone else will do the same. he is a good man. thanks
scotts fan

Belleville, MI

#113 Jun 21, 2008
to all the haters that posted on here, you obviously don't know scott anymore, so please, stay out of his life, and move on with yours. THE END
Tammy thought

Ellenboro, NC

#114 Jan 12, 2010
grandysfan wrote:
I have the upmost respect for Scott's parents. They are great people. I feel for them, especially fearing for his life the way they have been for years. As a parent, I believe that would be the worst feeling in the world. It's a shame that they are suffering and being punished by having their grandchildren kept from them for Scott's mistakes. They are completely different people than what Scott is. Sometimes, it's beyond our control as parents, the choices our children make. Scott (or someone close to him) was threatened. That's why he did this. I am sure he was into some shady situations, as other people were (are) that he worked with in the UP. Scott was caught. Let's hope other people wise up before their family members get hurt. It will catch up with them too. I can only hope other wives aren't as niave as Scott's new wife is.(Obviously his ex-wife and his ex-fiancee got out before they were brought down with him.) He always had serious issues such as lying, cheating, addictive behaviors, expensive taste, arrogant attitude, etc. Unfortunately, all of those things can lead to damaging circumstances. It's hard to believe that the Scott we knew is now considered a bank robber!
I personally know Scott's Mom and Dad!
His sister is married to a Jehovah's wittnesses.
His brother Mark is a boozer.
This whole thing has cut deep. Know one wants to beleive their son or brother is a thief.
Greed takes many turns. With a 250,000 bond they must have some really good evidence to arrest him.
Tyronne

Detroit, MI

#115 Jan 13, 2010
i can says dis...who gives a crap? thank yous.
concerned

Genesee, MI

#116 May 13, 2010
I was very surprised at first when i found out he robbed a bank on 5-10-10.......after seeing all this information I am very sad for his children that he has done this again.
wonder

Mount Clemens, MI

#117 May 26, 2010
does scott have a sister named sandra?
fyi

Canton, MI

#118 Jul 1, 2010
he does not have a sister named sandra, and hasn't been convicted of anything yet.
Rapid River Buddy

Koloa, HI

#119 Mar 27, 2011
We were all shocked about Scott Berry and is problems with the law. Scott was a buddy of ours until his father was tranfered to Naubinway, Mi. His school years were full of years of playing football, steady girlfriend, highly respected and his family wonderful. This must be very painful for his parents. My father worked with his father at the pipeline. Scott was raised with good morals. Although, his dad stole alot of the pipeline property involving handtools. etc., etc. maybe this is why Scott thought he had the right to take advantage of what was not his to think about taking.

There have been many rumors about Scott and his buddies he worked with at the correctional prison in Newberry involving cocaine. One was busted with Scott and his wife Sheila Fosdick in Fla. with their kids. Charlie lost his job. Matt Bell is yet to be caught with his bullshit. He's so damn dumb I'm surprosed he has not been caught yet with his crimmnal activities.

His first wife and sons needed to leave him. He was losing long before he started robbing banks to support his cocaine habit.

It's his parents, two sisters and brother that are trying to recover.

Terrible, Terrible - Rapid River buddy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Macomb County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sandra Loepp hit and run victim (Jan '13) Mar '15 Late to the party 3,569
News Jail guards among highest paid Wayne County emp... (Aug '14) Feb '15 Steve 4
News What's increasing Detroit-area water rates? (Feb '15) Feb '15 Steve 3
News Pit bull bites 3-year-old girl on face in St. C... (Apr '14) Feb '15 Mytexas1 16
News Police seeking tips in 14-year-old girl's slaying (Jul '14) Feb '15 Mytexas1 3
News Reward offered to catch Easter church thieves (Apr '13) Feb '15 Streetrunner 5
News Police Release Sketch Of Person Of Interest In ... (Jul '14) Jan '15 ICU2 4
More from around the web