Man may face two robbery charges

Mar 18, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Times Herald

“It's just because they're not in constant communication. Otherwise, I don't know that it works in his favor.”

Scott Edward Berry, 36, will not be getting out of the St. Clair County jail unless he can come up with a $250,000 bond. via The Times Herald

Comments
1 - 20 of 117 Comments Last updated Mar 27, 2011
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
mames

Novi, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 21, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Does not surprise me, I dated this jerk and he took me for 30,0000. I guess he learned alot from the inmates in prisions where he was a correctional officer.
mames

Novi, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 21, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

just another scam artist. Scott Berry will take you for evertthing you got, he needs to be stopped. Like I said I dated him and I guess you can say "He screws real good" screws you over.
I'll never see my 30,0000 dollars now. I did win that in court, however now the bastard is still getting free living, from all us, I still willl be paying for him with my tax dollars, for his three hots and a cot.
grandysfan

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 25, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I dated this guy too...for seven years and was engaged to him. Of course, I got out but not for these reasons. Yes he had issues but I firmly believe he made some bad choices, got in trouble and his life was threatened. There is no other explanation for him turning to this type of crime. It's called desperation and fear. The Scott Berry I knew in high school is not a person who would do this kind of thing. He was the star running back of the football team, very popular. It's too bad, the road he chose. Thank God I saw the light when I did. I lost many friends over our breakup fourteen years ago. Friends that I thought I would never lose. At least that's all he got from me. Obviously they weren't really my friends, choosing him over me! Such is life. I feel bad he's going to jail but I don't feel bad that his lying and cheating has finally caught up with him and there is consequences.
grandysfan

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 25, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

When did you date him? He was married up until a couple of years ago. How did he get your money?
mames wrote:
Does not surprise me, I dated this jerk and he took me for 30,0000. I guess he learned alot from the inmates in prisions where he was a correctional officer.
im behind you

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 28, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I dont beleave he did that to you because he was married and a nice wife and two great kids out of it and i will never beleave he did this because ive knowen him all my life. he may have been a dick but not someone that would do this type of crime.
mames

Canton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 28, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

im behind you wrote:
I dont beleave he did that to you because he was married and a nice wife and two great kids out of it and i will never beleave he did this because ive knowen him all my life. he may have been a dick but not someone that would do this type of crime.
I don't know how scott was while living in the U.P. but down here could be a different story.your
right he was married to a nice,pretty woman and has two great son's! Got the pleasure to know them! I don't know his new wife, never got the pleasure. You don't know me, what makes you think i would fabricate such a story? Fame? Ha-Ha. Not that I owe you anything, but maybe you should do your homework before insulting people. Look in macomb county records and see the law suit I had
against him, oh ya! The lawsuit I WON.... would that be proof enough for you? Ya know you can know someone your whole life, and not really know them at all, does anyone ever want to believe thier loved one could do something so wrong.Do
parents expect thier child to grow up a killer?
No , most of the times in these cases you never see it coming, however I knew scott's day would come, always trying to make a buck somehow. Big dreamer. Champainge taste with a beer pocket book1
mames

Canton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 28, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

im behind you wrote:
I dont beleave he did that to you because he was married and a nice wife and two great kids out of it and i will never beleave he did this because ive knowen him all my life. he may have been a dick but not someone that would do this type of crime.
this must be Matt, or one of his boys from the U.P.. Oh the stories I heard about all you guy's
mames

Canton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 28, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

grandysfan wrote:
I dated this guy too...for seven years and was engaged to him. Of course, I got out but not for these reasons. Yes he had issues but I firmly believe he made some bad choices, got in trouble and his life was threatened. There is no other explanation for him turning to this type of crime. It's called desperation and fear. The Scott Berry I knew in high school is not a person who would do this kind of thing. He was the star running back of the football team, very popular. It's too bad, the road he chose. Thank God I saw the light when I did. I lost many friends over our breakup fourteen years ago. Friends that I thought I would never lose. At least that's all he got from me. Obviously they weren't really my friends, choosing him over me! Such is life. I feel bad he's going to jail but I don't feel bad that his lying and cheating has finally caught up with him and there is consequences.
I believe you must be the girl he told me about.You say his life may have been threatend? Well who knows, but the scott i know, was in some shady stuff down here. But I do not believe his life was threatend.
He just got in way over his head with alot of different things. I am not going to expose scotts extra curricular activities,even the ones i know,thats his business. I merely and rightfully
want to expose the truth about my money.
mames

Canton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 28, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

grandysfan wrote:
When did you date him? He was married up until a couple of years ago. How did he get your money?
<quoted text>
Love is blind.To embarassed to tell. like i said it's om file in macomb county.
we all back ya

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 28, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

we all back you know matter what the out come is
truth or not

Farmington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 28, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

im behind you wrote:
I dont beleave he did that to you because he was married and a nice wife and two great kids out of it and i will never beleave he did this because ive knowen him all my life. he may have been a dick but not someone that would do this type of crime.
ya he was married to a nice gal and had 2 children, but he screwed that up too.That's why she left him.
truth or not

Farmington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 28, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Its nice to know he has support, but you should know things first. He will know who I am unless he owes other people like mames. i am sorry to hear about you mis fortune,im glad he didnt take me for that much money.
mames

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 29, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

mames wrote:
<quoted text> Love is blind.To embarassed to tell. like i said it's om file in macomb county.
\
Dated him during his divorce, big mistake.
Normal Yooper

Wood River, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 30, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

We don't all back him, he was an self indulgent a**hole since high school and it finally caught up to him....
engadine

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 31, 2008
 
your right we all dont back him but for now some must tell it all comes out.because its killing his family.Because some stilllove the old scott
grandysfan

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 1, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I have the upmost respect for Scott's parents. They are great people. I feel for them, especially fearing for his life the way they have been for years. As a parent, I believe that would be the worst feeling in the world. It's a shame that they are suffering and being punished by having their grandchildren kept from them for Scott's mistakes. They are completely different people than what Scott is. Sometimes, it's beyond our control as parents, the choices our children make. Scott (or someone close to him) was threatened. That's why he did this. I am sure he was into some shady situations, as other people were (are) that he worked with in the UP. Scott was caught. Let's hope other people wise up before their family members get hurt. It will catch up with them too. I can only hope other wives aren't as niave as Scott's new wife is.(Obviously his ex-wife and his ex-fiancee got out before they were brought down with him.) He always had serious issues such as lying, cheating, addictive behaviors, expensive taste, arrogant attitude, etc. Unfortunately, all of those things can lead to damaging circumstances. It's hard to believe that the Scott we knew is now considered a bank robber!
scotts fan

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 2, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Obviously none of you know scott anymore. He is a good man, and has a kind heart. He loves his boys and current wife more than any of you know. But hey, like some of you (mames), if you offer someone some money in hopes that they'll fall in love with you and be with you, than maybe you have the issues. As for his ex, well, if you know her,then you know that story. Yeah, his problems probably started with his working buddies in the UP, and having to marry someone who only saw dollar signs (his ex), but anyone that knows him today, knows he shouldn't be where he is now. he should be home. And will be soon!
just wondering

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 2, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

grandys fan, aren't you the one that cheated on him?????? and you mames, doing drugs in front of your kid? you know what i'm talking about.
just wondering

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 2, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

everyone has skeletons in their closet, so before you go exposing other peoples skeletons (with what you THINK is the truth), look into your own past!!! People are hurting and all you want to do is rub salt in their wounds, shows what a class act you are. Scott is a good person and a wonderful daddy, what ever has happened in the past, is the past. and whats going on now, if you don't know the truth, then keep your comments to yourself.
scotts fan

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 2, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

just remember, innocent till proven guilty. he is not a bank robber, only being accused of it. hopefully none of you are ever in a position where you get judged before anyone knows the facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••