Sandra Loepp hit and run victim
BigJ

Sterling Heights, MI

#1400 Jan 22, 2013
Guin wrote:
<quoted text>
No mention by LE or MSM of her BAH. I do remember seeing it stated somewhere though that they believe she was on the shoulder of the road. How they could know this for certain I have no idea?? They must be making that assumption based on the location of her “personal affects” recovered at the sight. I would imagine that to he her shoes etc. We also know that there are no “skid marks” from anyone attempting to brake after hitting her.
What I do wonder, since it has be said that hubby and wife left within 10 minutes of each other, is if they may have actually met up with each other somewhere along the way???
Just wanted to mention that todays cars are equipt with ABS and do not leave skids.
Warrior

Ithaca, MI

#1401 Jan 22, 2013
BigJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wanted to mention that todays cars are equipt with ABS and do not leave skids.
True. But, if it was a truck as LE believes I would think there would be skid marks. Unless, they didn't see her at all? Um
Sagittarius

Salt Lake City, UT

#1402 Jan 22, 2013
Follower wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question...unless she wasn't physically dislodged like LE keeps saying. Maybe when the vehicle stopped, they put it in reverse and she was dislodged that way. That is why I believe it was a large vehicle of some sort... a van, bus, semi with no trailer, SUV that sits high etc. Maybe I just don't want to believe that there is someone out there that would leave her like road kill...IDK..grasping at straws here
Somehow I think if it was something like a bus or semi without trailer, it would have been something more memorable for those who may have drove past there. I still have a hard time believing that no one saw anything from 1 am till morning. That's just too weird. Someone laying on the ground in eye's view of the main road! Think about it. People don't always pay attention to other things when they drive, but passengers could have. And no one saw anything?
Follower

Fort Gratiot, MI

#1403 Jan 22, 2013
Sagittarius wrote:
<quoted text>
Somehow I think if it was something like a bus or semi without trailer, it would have been something more memorable for those who may have drove past there. I still have a hard time believing that no one saw anything from 1 am till morning. That's just too weird. Someone laying on the ground in eye's view of the main road! Think about it. People don't always pay attention to other things when they drive, but passengers could have. And no one saw anything?
I agree...also, if the driver of the vehicle pulled over, had to physically get out of the car to find out what he/she hit, take the time to pull her out from under the car, then get back in their car and drive away...that took a lot of time...the vehicle had to have been pulled over and no one saw a vehicle pulled over in that parking lot?? especially because there are lights in that lot?? Obviously no one was paying attention...unless LE does have witnesses and is keeping everything hush hush
Sagittarius

Salt Lake City, UT

#1404 Jan 22, 2013
Follower wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree...also, if the driver of the vehicle pulled over, had to physically get out of the car to find out what he/she hit, take the time to pull her out from under the car, then get back in their car and drive away...that took a lot of time...the vehicle had to have been pulled over and no one saw a vehicle pulled over in that parking lot?? especially because there are lights in that lot?? Obviously no one was paying attention...unless LE does have witnesses and is keeping everything hush hush
That's another reason I think it's a stranger that was probably drunk and freaked out. Who would do that out in the open like that thinking they could get away with that? If this was someone she knew that hurt her out of anger, don't you think they would have pulled her out in a spot where it would take longer for someone to find her or something?
Squalala

Kansas City, MO

#1405 Jan 22, 2013
Follower wrote:
Another thought...LE may be testing fibers for DNA but it takes a long time to get the tests back. Unfortunately, most police departments are not like the CSI crime labs with all of the fancy computer equipment like we see on TV. It can take months to get DNA samples and tests completed. Even fingerprinting takes a long time if the suspect is not in their criminal database.
And fibers are only beneficial if you have something to compare them to.
Follower

Fort Gratiot, MI

#1406 Jan 22, 2013
I hate repeating things but I thought that this was worthy of conversation. What do you think about this scenario...she was hit, her body was thrown in front of the vehicle, the driver didn't stop and ran over her and that is how she got stuck underneath the vehicle in order to be dragged as far as she was?? Just seems weird that she was hit and went under the vehicle as opposed to being thrown or hitting the windshield then slidding down to be stuck under the vehicle...I guess it all depends on how she was first hit
Warrior

Ithaca, MI

#1407 Jan 22, 2013
Sagittarius wrote:
<quoted text>
That's another reason I think it's a stranger that was probably drunk and freaked out. Who would do that out in the open like that thinking they could get away with that? If this was someone she knew that hurt her out of anger, don't you think they would have pulled her out in a spot where it would take longer for someone to find her or something?
Remember she also didn't have an ID on here... Umm

All great post. I agree with follower. If they pulled over to dislodge the body that would have had to take sometime. The area by the mailboxes looks to be very tight. Especially if you had to turn around in there with a truck or bus. Just my thoughts.
Warrior

Ithaca, MI

#1409 Jan 22, 2013
Follower wrote:
I hate repeating things but I thought that this was worthy of conversation. What do you think about this scenario...she was hit, her body was thrown in front of the vehicle, the driver didn't stop and ran over her and that is how she got stuck underneath the vehicle in order to be dragged as far as she was?? Just seems weird that she was hit and went under the vehicle as opposed to being thrown or hitting the windshield then slidding down to be stuck under the vehicle...I guess it all depends on how she was first hit
I still believe she was hit twice. The first time were they found some of her personally belongings. Then, a second time while she was lying on the road because the second driver didn't see her and I believe that is why she got drug and why she was drug for so long. The 2nd driver didn't see anything that was hit until they heard the noise underneath the vehicle.
Iamwhoiam

Romeo, MI

#1410 Jan 22, 2013
Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you heard anything new about this case? I wish LE would give us an update.
One would think LE would have some information on a vehicle by now. They were supposed to go through all the videos down VD. I find it hard to believe not one video down VD wouldn't show something.
I do now of two business for sure they checked camera footage south of 29 mile and they didnt find anything they were looking for. With being said the person in my opinon turned onto 29 mile rd or 28 mile or went back south on the freeway
Follower

Fort Gratiot, MI

#1411 Jan 22, 2013
Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I still believe she was hit twice. The first time were they found some of her personally belongings. Then, a second time while she was lying on the road because the second driver didn't see her and I believe that is why she got drug and why she was drug for so long. The 2nd driver didn't see anything that was hit until they heard the noise underneath the vehicle.
This is also a great scenario..but then we are saying 2 drivers were that negligent in reporting this...that is very scary. I know that that road does not have that much traffic...especially at 1am..that's why it's so hard to believe no one saw a thing or even heard a thing...but, we do not know what LE is investigating so they may have witnesses.

A little off track....but a few years ago I was driving to work, it was dark out. I stopped at a red light and looked over an saw someone lying behind a car repair shop which was about 15-20 ft from where I was stopped. It was crazy...I had never seen anything like it..my first thought was they were dead so I pulled up and started honking my horn..it ended up being some teenage kid that was passed out on the lawn from the night before. I guess what I am saying is that I am still so shocked that no one saw her lying there that night...are people really that clueless about their surroundings when they are driving??
Follower

Fort Gratiot, MI

#1412 Jan 22, 2013
I would really like to see the reward money hit $10,000...maybe that will put some pressure on people that aren't talking or may know something or even getting the driver(s) to turn themselves in...let's put the pressure on!!! I have been to all of the fundraisers and plan on going to the spaghetti dinner!!
Warrior

Ithaca, MI

#1413 Jan 22, 2013
Iamwhoiam wrote:
<quoted text>
I do now of two business for sure they checked camera footage south of 29 mile and they didnt find anything they were looking for. With being said the person in my opinon turned onto 29 mile rd or 28 mile or went back south on the freeway
If they turned on 29 mile rd doesn't rite aid have cameras?
Warrior

Ithaca, MI

#1414 Jan 22, 2013
Follower wrote:
I would really like to see the reward money hit $10,000...maybe that will put some pressure on people that aren't talking or may know something or even getting the driver(s) to turn themselves in...let's put the pressure on!!! I have been to all of the fundraisers and plan on going to the spaghetti dinner!!
I agree. I think some crime stoppers flyers should be put in the welfare offices. If some there knows anything they may be willing to talk for the $.
Warrior

Ithaca, MI

#1415 Jan 22, 2013
Iamwhoiam wrote:
<quoted text>
If they were to go back on the freeway they would have had to go to 26 mile or 30 mile. In my opinion they are quite a few cameras along VD.
What about the speedway at 26 mile and VD I am sure they have cameras and the area would be well light to get a good view of the vehicle.
Iamwhoiam

Romeo, MI

#1416 Jan 22, 2013
Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
If they were to go back on the freeway they would have had to go to 26 mile or 30 mile. In my opinion they are quite a few cameras along VD.
What about the speedway at 26 mile and VD I am sure they have cameras and the area would be well light to get a good view of the vehicle.
Im sure they have checked others. I just know those two bwcausw they are friends of mine. And i meant north of 29 mile sorry.
CALLSAM

Romeo, MI

#1417 Jan 22, 2013
[QUOTE who="Sylvester" He said it's highly unlikely that Santino's would be responsible for her death because they have the right to refuse anyone entry to their establishment for any reason.:/ I think it's just a small community and if the bouncers are being told to keep quiet, it's for that reason.[/QUOTE]
Not true. Especially if her belongings were still on site as well as her ride home. There would have been some negligence there on the part of the bar that caused her to have walked home.
Warrior

Clio, MI

#1418 Jan 22, 2013
Iamwhoiam wrote:
<quoted text>
Im sure they have checked others. I just know those two bwcausw they are friends of mine. And i meant north of 29 mile sorry.
Then, in my opinion that would leave 26 mile to get onto the expressway. I would think that speedway would have a camera. Also, the area is well lit. I would think they would be able to get a good description on the vehicle at that intersection. There also is a bank on the adjacent corner. I am sure there cannot be that many cars on the road at 1:00 a.m.

I would doubt that they would take 28 or 29 mile road because they would have to drive to Romeo Plank to hit another main road. I would think they would want to get out of the area fast. Unless, they lived locally.

Obviously, they haven't had anything report from any collision shops?

I really wish LE would give us an update..It has been well over a month and we are no further along today than on 12/16/12.

God I hope they get a lead that leads to an arrest. Or someone report this person.

My biggest concern is the more time that so by I am afraid the case may go cold. I hope and pray this does not happen. We need closure for the family, justice for Sandra and justice for our community!!! Things like this just do not happen around here!!! Way to close to home. I think that is why it bothers everyone so much, along with the horrific way that Sandra passed away.

Everything I drive by the memorial it makes me so sad :(
Then, passing by and seeing her faces on the billboards makes me sad as well. It is so horrible!!! I also feel very bad for her son who no longer has a mom to watch him grow up :(:(!!!!! Heartbreaking!!!
Warrior

Clio, MI

#1419 Jan 22, 2013
One more thing I just remember. Has anyone heard anything else about the Santino's bus that was rented?

Who was it rented from? Was it in for repair or service?

I remember someone saying they were going to call their and asking about renting it. Did anyone every call and ask about it?
Warrior

Clio, MI

#1420 Jan 22, 2013
What about rocks and roots do they have a camera? Or the collision shop on the corner of 28 mile road? or the Post Office?

Someone stated the Santino's camera show "S" walking. Was their camera in front of the building? If so, what vehicles let shortly after that? If any?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Macomb County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michigan woman dies from virus while serving 30... Nov 15 Ray 1
News Here's where to see Donald Trump in Michigan Mo... Oct '16 Doubtful 3
Macomb Sheriff Police Abuse Oct '16 Jack 1
Macomb County Arrest Records and Criminal Mugshots Sep '16 Emma 2
rnc talks with trump Aug '16 trump unfit to pr... 1
jessica kitchen.. (May '16) May '16 Android18 1
News Hackel: Leaning against seeking governor's seat (May '09) Dec '15 TruthBTold 2
More from around the web