Sandra Loepp hit and run victim
4Real

Fowlerville, MI

#722 Jan 10, 2013
Want Justice wrote:
I'd just like to comment and thank everyone for changing the tone of this board over the last couple of days. What I'm seeing now is intelligent discussion about the facts of Sandra's untimely death and little to no discussion of bashing people who had nothing to do with this.
That being said, I have a theory for you. I'm giving the driver the benefit of the doubt, it was dark, rainy, and there was no reason to expect a pedestrian at that time of night in that area. She might have even have fallen down. Striking her may have been unavoidable.
Of course, once that happened this person ran? Why? Panic? Why? There is some reason why they wanted to avoid LE. Two reasons pop out to me, 1) of course, is that they were beyond the legal limit for alcohol. 2) hasn't been discussed, what if they were illegal? There are many workers in this area and a good percentage that are illegal and would of course want to avoid LE for what was an innocent accident. If 2 is the case, they could very well be long gone from the area.
Any thoughts?
Your welcome! We all want the same thing, justice for Sandra! This our community and we all look out for one another!

The problem was the story wasn't making sense! A few questions needed to be answered and it seemed like attendee of that evening felt like we were blaming and attacking them. For me that was not the case. I needed clarification to those questions. Which someone provided most. Which I can understand. The LE hasn't provided much information so you cannot blame us. At it was said before on this forum put yourself in our shoes not physically being there and only being given bites and pieces of what happened and it did not make sense or add up.

It is much better we all work together! We are all wanting the same thing, justice!
puzzled

Warren, MI

#724 Jan 10, 2013
wow..everybody's keyboards break at once? been gone all morning, expected a lot to read and catch up on. nothing? hmmmm
Mike

Linden, MI

#725 Jan 10, 2013
I would like to know how many tips have been called in and how many of those police view as a possible good lead.
puzzled

Warren, MI

#727 Jan 10, 2013
Mike wrote:
I would like to know how many tips have been called in and how many of those police view as a possible good lead.
call the macomb sheriffs and ask them
4Real

Fowlerville, MI

#728 Jan 10, 2013
The accident was the second hit-and-run case that resulted in a fatality in Macomb County in the past three weeks. Sandra Lee Loepp, 37, a mother of five, died after she was struck by a car Dec. 16 while walking along Van Dyke Avenue in Washington Township. The driver in that case dragged Loepp about 600 feet before getting out of the vehicle and dislodging the body.

Macomb County Sheriff’s detectives are continuing their investigation into the Washington Township incident and Crime Stoppers has offered a $6,500 reward for information that would lead to an arrest.

John Russi, president of the executive committee of the Macomb County Traffic Safety Association, said drivers involved in accidents only make matters worse by fleeing.

“What’s disturbing about these two incidents is it may not even have been a crime until they left the scene,” Russi said.“If the drivers were at fault, things can only get worse if they do not stay there and take responsibility.”

Russi, an attorney who formerly served as magistrate for 41B District Court in Clinton Township, said in many hit-and-run cases, the driver is under the influence of alcohol and that’s why they flee.

“From a traffic safety perspective, we as a society need to do more education to avoid these types of incidents,” Russi said.
Squa

Lapeer, MI

#729 Jan 10, 2013
4Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Your welcome! We all want the same thing, justice for Sandra! This our community and we all look out for one another!
The problem was the story wasn't making sense! A few questions needed to be answered and it seemed like attendee of that evening felt like we were blaming and attacking them. For me that was not the case. I needed clarification to those questions. Which someone provided most. Which I can understand. The LE hasn't provided much information so you cannot blame us. At it was said before on this forum put yourself in our shoes not physically being there and only being given bites and pieces of what happened and it did not make sense or add up.
It is much better we all work together! We are all wanting the same thing, justice!
For me one of the most important questions has NOT been answered and continues to be avoided. Why didn't Vern go look for her or find out where she was for all those hours? Their friends expect us to believe he just wrongly assumed she was somewhere else? Sorry but this doesn't work for me.
4Real

Fowlerville, MI

#730 Jan 10, 2013
Squa wrote:
<quoted text>
For me one of the most important questions has NOT been answered and continues to be avoided. Why didn't Vern go look for her or find out where she was for all those hours? Their friends expect us to believe he just wrongly assumed she was somewhere else? Sorry but this doesn't work for me.
The one I would like answered is how did they confirm v went home in those 45 minutes. I know they stated v was confirmed on video walking home, but that doesn't prove he continued home. Supposedly he walked 4 miles in 45 minutes. I don't buy that. The kids were all being watched at someone else's home? So again how/who confirmed v stepped foot in the house AND stayed there?
4Real

Fowlerville, MI

#731 Jan 10, 2013
Another problem that bothers me is why would the police be providing the attendees of that evening updates on the case and not the public?????

I haven't heard the LE make a statement that they all have been cleared!
Jennifer

Detroit, MI

#732 Jan 10, 2013
Iamwhoiam wrote:
<quoted text>
Im sure they wont either. Own is in with macomb sheriff dept but i did drive by there today and the bus is usually parked on the side and it was gone
The brother of one of the owners of Santino's works for the Macomb County Sheriff's department...I know this for a fact.
Squa

Lapeer, MI

#733 Jan 10, 2013
Jennifer wrote:
<quoted text>
The brother of one of the owners of Santino's works for the Macomb County Sheriff's department...I know this for a fact.
Wow. Really?! What a tangled web.
LegalStuff

Saint Clair, MI

#734 Jan 10, 2013
Posted this right around the same time as Mike, came back and it was gone? What is that? Also, hit a lemon the other day and meant to hit a yellow lightbulb, felt bad. Went back later and it was gone? Someone at Topix altering the blog?

Anyway, here it is again.

Read this article today, another hit and run case, a teen's post(s) on FB were reported to LE by friends and led to an arrest. This is something everyone should be alert to while scrolling through posts.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...
McNugget

United States

#735 Jan 10, 2013
Posts are being deleted too often.
It's getting aggravating. No one is saying anything bad!
Curious

Pontiac, MI

#736 Jan 10, 2013
Is there any construction going on the area? Maybe a dump truck or the tractor plow things that I see driving on VD all the time. Hypothetically if it was a dump truck and they didn't know, maybe someone seen and moved her? Or maybe she wasn't even there the whole time? So confusing with missing pieces.
4Real

Belleville, MI

#737 Jan 10, 2013
Did anyone put the flyers out in Spanish? Like the Mexican restaurant or Mexican grocery store. Would be a good idea invade someone doesn't understand or speak English. Just a thought..,
4Real

Detroit, MI

#738 Jan 10, 2013
Squa wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a big issue for me, too. If she had her phone and she was trying to catch up with V didn't she text him?! In this day and age everyone has phones and everyone is texting. I just don't see her NOT texting V while she was on foot.
Another thing, why would she take a clutch purse outside if she was going to argue with "V"? A clutch purse is something you put make up in to freshen up. Why take a purse at all? If she was going to take a purse why not her big purse with the phone in it.

I am thinking her and 'V" had the big fight upstairs and he was pissed and said he was leaving. Then, "s" went outside to try and talk him into coming back in. They had a bigger fight, maybe physical then "v" refused to come back in and decided to walk."s" being alone in the parking lot crying decides to go back upstairs to fix her make-up so no one knows she was crying. Also to fix the mascara that might have ran. In the bathroom she gets more upset thinking about it for 10 minutes and decides to leave.

If "A" was outside as mentioned in an earlier thread and tried to get her in the car, what was "A" doing outside when everyone else was inside?
Iamwhoiam

Chicago, IL

#739 Jan 10, 2013
Jennifer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the owner himself is in real tight with Hackel I know that for a fact too.
questionS

Saint Clair, MI

#740 Jan 10, 2013
4Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Another thing, why would she take a clutch purse outside if she was going to argue with "V"? A clutch purse is something you put make up in to freshen up. Why take a purse at all? If she was going to take a purse why not her big purse with the phone in it.
I am thinking her and 'V" had the big fight upstairs and he was pissed and said he was leaving. Then, "s" went outside to try and talk him into coming back in. They had a bigger fight, maybe physical then "v" refused to come back in and decided to walk."s" being alone in the parking lot crying decides to go back upstairs to fix her make-up so no one knows she was crying. Also to fix the mascara that might have ran. In the bathroom she gets more upset thinking about it for 10 minutes and decides to leave.
If "A" was outside as mentioned in an earlier thread and tried to get her in the car, what was "A" doing outside when everyone else was inside?
these are the kinds of questions i have had from the beginning... where was A in all of this? what is the exact story about the purse vs. purses and where exactly was the phone?

interesting theory regarding the smaller bag, but it was stated she never went back into the bar (just on steps), if so, she would not have made it back in to get the smaller case out of larger purse.

just wish someone would lay it all out there so we could move on... those that think it is not important... prove it isn't by telling what happened. none of our business? prove we are supposed to believe we are donating time and money to find a stranger, not just take YOUR word for it...
Bobo

Macomb, MI

#741 Jan 10, 2013
4Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think "A" was outside trying to get her in the car, the day after it happened, "A" was on TV crying saying that she doesn't understand why "S" did not ask her for a ride home, that "A" was still at Santino's and "S" knew that "A" would take her home.
4Real

Belleville, MI

#742 Jan 10, 2013
questionS wrote:
<quoted text>
these are the kinds of questions i have had from the beginning... where was A in all of this? what is the exact story about the purse vs. purses and where exactly was the phone?
interesting theory regarding the smaller bag, but it was stated she never went back into the bar (just on steps), if so, she would not have made it back in to get the smaller case out of larger purse.
just wish someone would lay it all out there so we could move on... those that think it is not important... prove it isn't by telling what happened. none of our business? prove we are supposed to believe we are donating time and money to find a stranger, not just take YOUR word for it...

I thought Syvestet commented that she had the small clutch with get and those were some of the contains on the road, but no I'd was with her. Because it was at the bar on the back of the chair with coats on it. I remember reading that!

So when did she grab the clutch purse and take it with her? Why the clutch purse? Makes no sense! It should have been the big purse with her phone! Back to what I said in the original thread.......that tells me she had ever intention in coming back.

What about her house keys they would have been in the big purse with her phone and Id and wallet!!!
4Real

Belleville, MI

#743 Jan 10, 2013
McNugget wrote:
Posts are being deleted too often.
It's getting aggravating. No one is saying anything bad!
This site sucks! My post have been getting deleted all day long..

Then it locks up.
Then it states java error... Too weird!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Macomb County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hackel: Leaning against seeking governor's seat (May '09) Dec '15 TruthBTold 2
News Michigan teen leads police on wild chase Dec '15 Go Blue Forever 1
News Man who died in Macomb County Jail didn't need ... (Oct '15) Oct '15 ray 1
lawyer trying to strongarm county (Oct '15) Oct '15 ray 1
News Macomb County's Mark Hackel Angrily Defends Car... (Oct '15) Oct '15 ray 4
News Jail guards among highest paid Wayne County emp... (Aug '14) Feb '15 Steve 4
News What's increasing Detroit-area water rates? (Feb '15) Feb '15 Steve 3
More from around the web