Sandra Loepp hit and run victim
wolverine

Muskegon, MI

#264 Jan 5, 2013
My thoughts are a drunk driver, hit someone panicked, knew they were in a lot of trouble and left. Probably a repeat offender.
DeezNutz

United States

#265 Jan 5, 2013
In The Know wrote:
I've heard the family is looking for an estate lawyer that would like to volunteer some advice . Contact through Justice for Sandra Loepp FB page , Thanks
Why would they need an estate lawyer? Also why wouldn't they just call one?
DeezNutz

United States

#266 Jan 5, 2013
small fry wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it was a young teen out driving home that night. If it was a younger person, less experienced driver, might he/she is still in high school. Kids go back on Monday. Might be looking for someone not in school after accident (if not already out for holiday) or someone missing school or acting odd, out of sorts when returns. Another idea, to reach younger crowd would be to get local movie theaters to volunteer to run CS ad before films.
Why would someone be out of school due to an accident almost a month later? Confused
small fry

Saint Clair, MI

#267 Jan 5, 2013
DeezNutz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would someone be out of school due to an accident almost a month later? Confused
Holiday. Haven't kids been out all this time?
LegalStuff

Saint Clair, MI

#268 Jan 5, 2013
DeezNutz wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe to protect kids from companies coming after bills owed? Maybe hoping someone would volunteer to help rather than having to pay lots of money not available.
Macomb, MI

#269 Jan 5, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>
A tort of defamation in the US can be defended against in a number of ways. One of the oldest defenses against accusations of defamation is to prove that the statement made is true and relevant to the common good of the public. In some countries truth is not enough to defend against a tort of defamation, but in the US it is commonly considered a strong enough defense. There are some cases, however, where the truth of a statement is not sufficient reason for the statement to be made.
In these cases, the person accused of defamation must usually prove that the statement was made in the interest of the common good. Revealing unsafe or unethical business practices by a company will typically be considered in the best interests of the public. Discovering and releasing sensitive, private medical information about a politician, however, may not fall into this defense and though the information may be true it could still constitute defamation. The First Amendment to the US Constitution and other international protections of “free speech” cannot typically be used as a defense for defamation.
OR you can use the defense of "unclean hands" meaning that if the party or parties bringing suit against you have unclean hands (meaning they live shady lives) you can use that as a defense to dismiss the case.
Macomb, MI

#270 Jan 5, 2013
Civil litigation wrote:
Subpoenas subpoenas subpoenas!!! Defamation And harassment lawsuit.
They can't even find a hit and run driver AND we are supposed to be worried about a discussion thread...PUH LEASE!!!
Sister - Kelly

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#271 Jan 5, 2013
JusticeforSandra wrote:
<quoted text>
The Romeo Police Chief was there. get your facts straight before you post worthless BS
Just to make it clear the person posting as "Justice for Sandra" has nothing to do with the actual Justice for Sandra Loepp Facebook page or her sisters.
LegalStuff

Saint Clair, MI

#272 Jan 5, 2013
Karma wrote:
<quoted text>
They can't even find a hit and run driver AND we are supposed to be worried about a discussion thread...PUH LEASE!!!
Going after John Q. Public would look hinky in this case, at least until the person/people responsible for Sandra's death are behind bars.
area resident

Washington, MI

#273 Jan 5, 2013
Sister - Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to make it clear the person posting as "Justice for Sandra" has nothing to do with the actual Justice for Sandra Loepp Facebook page or her sisters.
Kelly, So sorry for what you are all going through. Have the police been giving the family updates and details that the public isn't being given? Any clue why they are being so quiet to the media and public?
small fry

Saint Clair, MI

#274 Jan 5, 2013
Sister - Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
Kelly, do you want this forum shut down? Are you getting information from police that we don't have? Are we all wasting our time here?
Squalala

Rockford, MI

#275 Jan 5, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>
A tort of defamation in the US can be defended against in a number of ways. One of the oldest defenses against accusations of defamation is to prove that the statement made is true and relevant to the common good of the public. In some countries truth is not enough to defend agailst a tort of defamation, but in the US it is commonly considered a strong enough defense. There are some cases, however, where the truth of a statement is not sufficient reason for the statement to be made.
In these cases, the person accused of defamation must usually prove that the statement was made in the interest of the common good. Revealing unsafe or unethical business practices by a company will typically be considered in the best interests of the public. Discovering and releasing sensitive, private medical information about a politician, however, may not fall into this defense and though the information may be true it could still constitute defamation. The First Amendment to the US Constitution and other international protections of “free speech” cannot typically be used as a defense for defamation.
You can copy and paste! I'm impressed.
Squalala

Rockford, MI

#276 Jan 5, 2013
aries sign of fire wrote:
I posted a mean post on the previous thread (under this screen name, I'm woman enough to own up to who I am) and I apologize for that post if it bothered anyone. I was feeling so terrible that there's so much unproductive stuff said. When this woman died in this way! At least if she died on impact I hope she didn't suffer. I don't know her or anyone involved, just intrigued by the story.
So here's a really key question -- I'm confused about something important. A lot of people are pegging Vern, which based on info here, hey I wonder too. But ... was he walking or driving??? Some people say he left on foot. If he left on foot, how could he have run her over? Or did he get into a large vehicle as a driver or passenger within the 10 minutes or so if he did leave on foot? Honestly that seems not likely to me. What do you think?
Or he knows who ran her over, because someone else they know came along the same road and hit her accidentally, and he isn't saying who it was. But that's a very different situation than insinuating he's responsible for her death. And if that was the case, what would be his motivation for covering for a friend who accidentally killed his wife?
I'm not defending him -- based on info here he might be a jerk to women -- just raising questions as an unemotional third party person. If he was walking, it raises questions for me about how he could be responsible.
People walking near a road get hit all the time by cars. You don't have to intentionally swerve. People are texting, drunk, tired, all kinds of things. Geez drivers using cell phones cross over entire freeway medians by accident. So it's totally possible to swerve a few feet by accident. This was 1 a.m. on a weekend, right? Lots of impaired and tired drivers out then. I was just trying to eat a scone while driving the other day and swerved far onto a freeway shoulder. It's REALLY easy to do. If anyone had been walking there, I definitely would have hit them. I'm just raising the possibility that even if a husband is a jerk and even if friends weren't the best friends that night, maybe a terrible accident could have coincidentally happened that night. If that was any possibility, people should be doing as much as possible to find the driver.
Usually unless someone is a total hermit, people are around other people, someone else has to have seen damage on a vehicle unless it's been locked in a garage since then, seen by no one. Or it was taken far away for repair.
They say watch for someone to be acting different, but how?? What should people watch for? Would the driver be showing lots of interest in news about the crash? I would think so. Sleeping less? Signs of stress?
Someone out there, whoever they are, has a damaged car and now doesn't want it to be seen. What would they do that could expose them?
Just thought it's good to think about all possibilities.
You're right. It's totally possible Vern took the bike path as he claims and she took the roadway and a drunk or texting or tired driver happened to be there and hit her a quarter of a mile from the bar after all the drama of the night. Yes anything is possible. It's also totally possible whoever hit her has minimal to no damage.
Squalala

Rockford, MI

#277 Jan 5, 2013
Perry Mason wrote:
I think someone would have to clearly name the person..first and last name ....in the "libelous" comments. otherwise it could be 'anyone' that they are talking about...technically. right?
Yes. This is all blown smoke. Everyone needs to stop worrying lol
Squalala

Rockford, MI

#278 Jan 5, 2013
DeezNutz wrote:
<quoted text>
They think they're gonna threaten to take the "estates" of all the peeps talking here lmao
Squalala

Rockford, MI

#279 Jan 5, 2013
LegalStuff wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe to protect kids from companies coming after bills owed? Maybe hoping someone would volunteer to help rather than having to pay lots of money not available.
Wow we have some morons here. If S had credit card debt her kids would NOT be liable for it. And I doubt S had much if anything to leave them.
Squalala

Rockford, MI

#280 Jan 5, 2013
Sister - Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. Kelly, I'm sorry for your loss. I lost numerous people in one crash because of a drunk driver.
Shadow

New Baltimore, MI

#281 Jan 5, 2013
Squalala wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. Kelly, I'm sorry for your loss. I lost numerous people in one crash because of a drunk driver.
I think she was just referring to using that screen name . Family welcomes ANY discussion to keep fresh in the peoples minds ( In good taste of course)I've been told.
4Real

United States

#282 Jan 5, 2013
Sister - Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
Sister Kelly & Family:

We are so very, very sorry for the loss of your beautiful sister. My heart bleeds for Sandra family and children. My prayers are with your family on a daily basis. Has the family received in new updates.

Please realize that this forum is not intention to hurt Sandra's family! We only want to help and try to find answers to question that seem like they are being avoided. We are pushing the only way we know how. Watching the crime stoppers video was completely heart wrenching. My heart truly bleeds for you family!!!! I want with all my heart for LE to find the responsible person/parties that led to this tragic event. I hope and pray that Sandra's family gets the answers and closure they deserve and the drive is brought to justice!!!

Stay strong, hold your family tight and hopefully soon you will have closure.
LegalStuff

Saint Clair, MI

#283 Jan 5, 2013
Squalala wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow we have some morons here. If S had credit card debt her kids would NOT be liable for it. And I doubt S had much if anything to leave them.
What about looking into securing life insurance for S's kids?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Macomb County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rnc talks with trump Aug 11 trump unfit to pr... 1
jessica kitchen.. May '16 Android18 1
News Hackel: Leaning against seeking governor's seat (May '09) Dec '15 TruthBTold 2
News Michigan teen leads police on wild chase (Dec '15) Dec '15 Go Blue Forever 1
News Man who died in Macomb County Jail didn't need ... (Oct '15) Oct '15 ray 1
lawyer trying to strongarm county (Oct '15) Oct '15 ray 1
News Macomb County's Mark Hackel Angrily Defends Car... (Oct '15) Oct '15 ray 4
More from around the web