Old Dilapidated Buildings in Tahoka

Old Dilapidated Buildings in Tahoka

Posted in the Lynn County Forum

Jan Brookshire

Lubbock, TX

#1 Apr 14, 2009
I love my hometown of Tahoka, Texas. I am thoroughly ashamed of the drive into Tahoka particularly on the first ramp off of Highway 87, when you enter Tahoka and see the old "Star" Drive-in completely abandoned and in ruins and the other dilapated buidlings to the south on the same street. Why can't that property be at least cleared off? It has been this way for many years!
jerry edwards

Oakland, CA

#2 Aug 10, 2010
yep the old "Starlite" drive inn needs to be torn down!!
Atilano Medrano

Ephrata, WA

#3 Jan 29, 2011
I live in Washinton State and I visit your area often. One of the things that I find most facinating about your small towns such as Tahoka and O'donnell is the history that is told by all the old buildings that still exist in these Towns. I think cleaning up the Town might help more than tearing down buildings that tell a story of what the towns once were. O'donnell residents have made an effort at cleaning up their homes and lots that were an once eye sore and have dramatically improved the appearance of their Town. The old buildings simply preserve the nostalga. Clean it up don't tear it down!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynn County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tahoka school board member and city councilwoma... (Jun '09) Mar '11 ode 11
News Quezada charged with kidnapping woman during ba... (Feb '11) Feb '11 WMD 1
News LPD officer seriously injured in bike accident (May '10) May '10 T Taylor 1
Tahoka High School's Principal Arrested (Sep '08) Sep '08 Jill 1
75TH Terry County Rodeo (Jul '08) Jul '08 SBP 1
News Police investigating fatal accident in Lynn County (Jun '08) Jun '08 Mr-BIGG MOUTH - i... 2
International CGMA Band of the Year (Oct '07) Oct '07 Beth 1
More from around the web