Columbus theatre group auditions

Columbus theatre group auditions

There are 66 comments on the Deming Headlight story from Apr 19, 2012, titled Columbus theatre group auditions. In it, Deming Headlight reports that:

The show must go on. The Columbus Recovery Theatre will hold auditions for a series of fundraising shows that will be performed in June and Luy to help keep EMTs and the village ambulance service running.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Deming Headlight.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Denial Denial

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Apr 20, 2012
Beautiful symbolic gesture. Reminds me of the band members playing as the Titanic sank:

http://www.titanic-titanic.com/titanic_band.s...
Politics abound

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Apr 22, 2012
I hope Columbus can recover their EMS department.
People should have medical attention available to them when they need it. The crime spree your current law enforcement allowed, was warned about and refused to help when asked, is still a part of your town. Now lives will once again be put in danger because of pride and greed. This is just wrong for people to not have medical help when they need it. Its also sad that Luna County feels the need to not support the Columbus EMS and would rather put more money into their''county owned bar''. Bad choice all around.
EMT in Columbus

Columbus, NM

#3 Apr 22, 2012
I, for one, am having a hard time understanding why the County would rather pay extra money to Elite Ambulance or to Deming Fire/EM to cover Columbus Fire/EMS calls instead of giving the extra money to Columbus Fire/EMS. Just doesn't make sense. There has to be an unknown reason that the County wants Columbus to go under so they can take over. Which also means that the fire dept will close its doors. We, in Columbus will have to wait for at least 35 min. for a fire truck while our homes burn to the ground or an ambulance while someone dies from a heart attack or a snake bite. We knew this day was coming ... that's why we put away the 530000.00, to keep EMS going for another 5 years. And now the Village doesn't have to pay us back because the County says so. What's wrong with this picture?????? Eddie and his gang really screwed the people of Columbus.
Politics abound

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Apr 22, 2012
EMT in Columbus wrote:
I, for one, am having a hard time understanding why the County would rather pay extra money to Elite Ambulance or to Deming Fire/EM to cover Columbus Fire/EMS calls instead of giving the extra money to Columbus Fire/EMS. Just doesn't make sense. There has to be an unknown reason that the County wants Columbus to go under so they can take over. Which also means that the fire dept will close its doors. We, in Columbus will have to wait for at least 35 min. for a fire truck while our homes burn to the ground or an ambulance while someone dies from a heart attack or a snake bite. We knew this day was coming ... that's why we put away the 530000.00, to keep EMS going for another 5 years. And now the Village doesn't have to pay us back because the County says so. What's wrong with this picture?????? Eddie and his gang really screwed the people of Columbus.
Ask your Sheriff''the untouchable'' why he has been quoted as he will do whatever it takes to get control over Columbus. In his zeal to take over all law enforcement he did not look far enough in to the future to see that his need to be in control of every thing will put more lives at risk. The village should get answers and I would start with questioning the LCSO and reading what your sheriff has said in commission meetings in the past and you might find that its not in the best interest of the people of Columbus and never has been.
Small Violin

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Apr 22, 2012
As the saying goes: "Don’t gamble the rent money or you’ll land up sleeping on the park bench."
Not From Around Here

United States

#6 Apr 23, 2012
Be careful who you blame for your problems.At this time,you need help and accepting responsibility will go a long way to get help.
BigFoot

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Apr 23, 2012
STOP transporting illegals to Deming to have their anchor babies. Columbus has been doing that for years. Stop the nonsense and then you will have more support from the public.
political confusion

Las Cruces, NM

#8 Apr 23, 2012
Not From Around Here wrote:
Be careful who you blame for your problems.At this time,you need help and accepting responsibility will go a long way to get help.
Help me understand. Would you please clarify your statement? Thanks.
Not nice

Las Cruces, NM

#9 Apr 23, 2012
BigFoot wrote:
STOP transporting illegals to Deming to have their anchor babies. Columbus has been doing that for years. Stop the nonsense and then you will have more support from the public.
Only in Deming would someone think that to not save a life of a mother and child will make Deming show their support to Columbus. A baby is just that a baby. Life has value and the sooner Deming figures that out they might change the direction the County is heading in. Why with hold needed funding rather than help save the lives of people the aged, heart victims, stroke victims, burns, beatings and shootings these things happen in every town. NEVER put money before the life of helpless victims. Leaders in a public office should Know better than this. Luna County can spread the wealth they have they are not broke they have the money. Why not just try and help the good guys for once and see how it pans out. The EMS department are the good guys were they not? Why not re read your oath and re visit why many of you public servants are in office. Protect and serve is not a selective issue you either do what you swore you would do or you do not.
getting things done

United States

#10 Apr 23, 2012
Yes the show must go on. Great idea on how to get community involved for a worthy cause. My hats off to the people who would rather do something positive rather than gripe about it and do nothing. Reminds me how things were done back in the olden days, people helping each other building their community. A thumbs up to the community theater group. Good luck on your productions.
BigFoot

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Apr 23, 2012
Not nice wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in Deming would someone think that to not save a life of a mother and child will make Deming show their support to Columbus. A baby is just that a baby. Life has value and the sooner Deming figures that out they might change the direction the County is heading in. Why with hold needed funding rather than help save the lives of people the aged, heart victims, stroke victims, burns, beatings and shootings these things happen in every town. NEVER put money before the life of helpless victims. Leaders in a public office should Know better than this. Luna County can spread the wealth they have they are not broke they have the money. Why not just try and help the good guys for once and see how it pans out. The EMS department are the good guys were they not? Why not re read your oath and re visit why many of you public servants are in office. Protect and serve is not a selective issue you either do what you swore you would do or you do not.
You just LOVE them anchor babies, don't you ? You ignorant POS
EMT in Columbus

Columbus, NM

#12 Apr 23, 2012
BigFoot wrote:
STOP transporting illegals to Deming to have their anchor babies. Columbus has been doing that for years. Stop the nonsense and then you will have more support from the public.
Per PRC Regulations and Statues:
18.3.14.8 DUTY TO PROVIDE SERVICE:
A. It shall be unlawful for an ambulance service, or any of its personnel or agents, to refuse to provide service to a person in need of emergency medical treatment or transportation, or to require advance payment prior to rendering such service.

B. An ambulance service shall transport a patient requiring medical treatment and transport to the closest appropriate facility capable of providing definitive care and treatment, as determined by the service’s medical director.

C. An ambulance service shall give priority to emergency response calls.

D. An ambulance service shall be available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

[18.3.14.8 NMAC - Rp, 18 NMAC 4.2.95, 1-1-05]
EMT in Columbus

Columbus, NM

#13 Apr 23, 2012
As you can see by the above PRC Regulation 18.3.14.8 Duty to provide Service, we have no choice but to provide transport. If the Customs allows them to cross the border and they ask for medical transport, we HAVE to respond. If we don't, we get fined and lose our license. We are not allowed to diagnose a patient. All we can do is give emergency care in the ambulance till we reach the hospital. Our hands are tied. As long as the Customs allow them entry, we have no choice. Get the Federal Laws changed Mr. BigFoot. STOP blaming US! And you talk about public support .... Anyone who's been in our ambulance whether it be from Mexico or here in Columbus has always gotten the BEST service that we are able to give. We don't discriminate.
EMT in Columbus

Columbus, NM

#14 Apr 24, 2012
Furthermore Mr. BigFoot: Please read the following concerning the Federal EMTALA Statute:
http://www.medlaw.com/healthlaw/EMTALA/statut...

So, I respectfully ask you and anyone else to do your research before you condemn the Columbus Fire/EMS Dept. for doing their duty.
BigFoot

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Apr 24, 2012
Yada Yada Yada...I know the regs. Makes for a cozy little business for you guys, doesn't it? You who have profiteered off this for years are just as guilty as the carpetbaggers who passed the regs and statutes in the first place. How much $$$ do you put in your pocket each time you transport a Mexican National to Deming to have an anchor baby or are you ashamed to say ?
EMT in Columbus

Columbus, NM

#16 Apr 24, 2012
BigFoot wrote:
Yada Yada Yada...I know the regs. Makes for a cozy little business for you guys, doesn't it? You who have profiteered off this for years are just as guilty as the carpetbaggers who passed the regs and statutes in the first place. How much $$$ do you put in your pocket each time you transport a Mexican National to Deming to have an anchor baby or are you ashamed to say ?
I'm not even going to dignify those remarks. You are going to have to answer for your hate in the afterlife. May God forgive you.
BigFoot

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Apr 24, 2012
EMT in Columbus wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not even going to dignify those remarks. You are going to have to answer for your hate in the afterlife. May God forgive you.
I didn't think so.
BigFoot

Chandler, AZ

#18 Apr 24, 2012
EMT in Columbus wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not even going to dignify those remarks. You are going to have to answer for your hate in the afterlife. May God forgive you.
Typical response from these hypocritical parasites. When called out, they invoke a sudden quasi form of godliness which is
laughable to say the least. What they should be concerned about is their participation in the bankrupting of our hospital, our county, our state and our nation. But NO, they will just continue to feed off the goverment coffers as they continue to make their contribution toward the demise of the American way of life. Their children and grandchildren will pay the price for that folly.
Small Violin

Albuquerque, NM

#19 Apr 24, 2012
Not nice wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in Deming would someone think that to not save a life of a mother and child will make Deming show their support to Columbus. A baby is just that a baby. Life has value and the sooner Deming figures that out they might change the direction the County is heading in. Why with hold needed funding rather than help save the lives of people the aged, heart victims, stroke victims, burns, beatings and shootings these things happen in every town. NEVER put money before the life of helpless victims. Leaders in a public office should Know better than this. Luna County can spread the wealth they have they are not broke they have the money. Why not just try and help the good guys for once and see how it pans out. The EMS department are the good guys were they not? Why not re read your oath and re visit why many of you public servants are in office. Protect and serve is not a selective issue you either do what you swore you would do or you do not.
Stop hiring felons. Maybe the county is tired of funding them.
Small Violin

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Apr 24, 2012
EMT in Columbus wrote:
<quoted text>
Per PRC Regulations and Statues:
18.3.14.8 DUTY TO PROVIDE SERVICE:
A. It shall be unlawful for an ambulance service, or any of its personnel or agents, to refuse to provide service to a person in need of emergency medical treatment or transportation, or to require advance payment prior to rendering such service.
B. An ambulance service shall transport a patient requiring medical treatment and transport to the closest appropriate facility capable of providing definitive care and treatment, as determined by the service’s medical director.
C. An ambulance service shall give priority to emergency response calls.
D. An ambulance service shall be available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
[18.3.14.8 NMAC - Rp, 18 NMAC 4.2.95, 1-1-05]
Unless they're broke down or have squandered public money on illicit pay per run pocket-padding (which opens the door to all kinds of abuses, i.e. pretend emergency calls or advertising free U.S. treatment in Mexico). Columbus, play time is over.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Luna County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pearson accepts county manager post Sat tax payer 1
News "Islamic Refugee" With Gas Pipeline Plans Arres... Jun 15 too much 2
News Man convicted for stealing ancient pottery again Jun 10 Mimbres Yacht Club 1
News Voting in Luna County simplified (Oct '13) May '16 SPC Brent Sigman 2
News Chief Deputy Allen Carter resigns post (Nov '11) Jan '16 Ugh 15
News Four arrested in possible burglary ring (4 a.m.) (Oct '10) Oct '15 Disgruntled 11
News Mayor proclaims Barbara Schreiber Day (Aug '15) Sep '15 BScaller 3
More from around the web