Kendrick Johnson's family 'suspicious' of new video

Nov 7, 2013 Full story: 11Alive 230

Wednesday afternoon, under the order of a Valdosta Superior Court judge, the Lowndes County sheriff's office released hundreds of clips of surveillance video to the Johnson's attorneys and members of the media.

Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
TOAD Armstrong

Valdosta, GA

#1 Nov 7, 2013
They are "Suspicious" of the new Gym video.Imagine That!

Let the FBI check the video and they can tell if it's been tampered with. But the Lawyers will have their people check it out so they can put out more propaganda. Just that simple.

If I submit Jesus Christ and he says KJ's death was an accident it simply would not be enough.
jon

Leesburg, GA

#2 Nov 7, 2013
They will never be satisfied.
Oasis

Clayton, NC

#3 Nov 7, 2013
Well, Hell, this time-frame is worthless anyway.

Where is this camera's video of KJ walking into the gym following the hallway video. You know, when he heads to the mats and climbs in to retrieve his shoe.
We should be able to follow him all the way into the corner of the gym on the day he did it. Right? Out of focus or not.

I submit that Jesus Christ has already been submitted to them.

Honestly, would either of you be satisfied?
bulldog

Cincinnati, OH

#4 Nov 7, 2013
Oasis wrote:
Well, Hell, this time-frame is worthless anyway.
Where is this camera's video of KJ walking into the gym following the hallway video. You know, when he heads to the mats and climbs in to retrieve his shoe.
We should be able to follow him all the way into the corner of the gym on the day he did it. Right? Out of focus or not.
I submit that Jesus Christ has already been submitted to them.
Honestly, would either of you be satisfied?
no that's not how the cameras are set up! Sorry!
Silly

Valdosta, GA

#5 Nov 7, 2013
Oasis wrote:
Well, Hell, this time-frame is worthless anyway.
Where is this camera's video of KJ walking into the gym following the hallway video. You know, when he heads to the mats and climbs in to retrieve his shoe.
We should be able to follow him all the way into the corner of the gym on the day he did it. Right? Out of focus or not.
?
. NO you should not and here's why which has been explained to the family AND the CNN reporters: the cameras do not record continuous footage like a movie camera, they take a series of still photographs in 5-10 second intervals ( I don't know the exact interval) which means it often looks like a kid disappears from the cameras field of view, and the cameras have a distance range that doesn't cover the entire floor of the gym. There is no video of that corner. There aren't 40 cameras in the gym, there are 40 cameras throughout the school. There are 4 cameras at the entrance of gym, 2 outside the locker rooms, and maybe 4 more at the back door and 4 more outside on the covered walkways out the back door. What was important to the PROFESSIONALS who investigated was that the cameras didn't record anyone come in the back door or out of the locker rooms in the 20 hours KJ was in the mat, nor do the cameras show any unrolling or rolling of a mat or any dragging of a body. But the family will never be satisfied, they will take every blank space in the footage and fill it with conspiratorial murderers and an entire school system helping to hide the identities of murderers who apparently knew exactly how to kill him in the five minutes between him coming in gym and the next class coming in and getting him into the mat before anyone saw them, even though miraculously they left no marks on his body from dragging him and cramming him down into a mat, they must have used giant pillows and then killed him when he was upside down so that the blood would pool vertically post mortem. Two dozen people supposedly hiding a murderer and these folks risking their careers, their retirement, and criminal prosecution followed by prison just to hide the identity of this alleged murderer and the only evidence that he was murdered is the non credible second pathologist. Apparently conspiracy theorists don't care how stupid they look.
JRad

North Kingstown, RI

#6 Nov 7, 2013
The way Silly is attacking this poor family just because they want answers is just cruel. Does being upside down cause your head and face to be smashed in? We've all seen the pictures and we all can agree that any parents would be suspicious. The fact that so many people are attacking the Johnson family on reaffirms the rumors that racism is still a problem in Valdosta. It only fuels more speculation. Why are you so angry at the Johnson family when clearly they're child was a great kid and is now dead. Maybe Silly is part of the cover up.
logic

Denver, CO

#7 Nov 8, 2013
Apparently you don't care how ridiculous this investigation looks(starting from the very beginning) Several things that just astounds me about persons like you: Why/how would a 5'10 individual attempt to dive into a mat that is a certain diameter(that was less than the obvious width of his shoulders)for a shoe. I felt from the onset, the investigators explanation was ludicrous. I mean, I believe it suggests in some regard that persons like you would think KJ so idiotic that he'd dive into a mat to retrieve a shoe...I mean, what shoe? Some sort of golden encrusted shoe that had diamonds throughout the laces...I mean, just the mere suggestion that this child would do such a ridiculous thing and then on top of that, the lack of logic..wouldn't it make more sense that he would tip the mat over(not to mention the question of how he would have known that a shoe was in the bottom of the mat in the first place)..and was it just one shoe...where was the other alleged shoe and why would someone seek out just one shoe..You speak of how preposterous a conspiracy cover up would be...try asking your self if the cockamamie explanation for the cause of death in the initial stages of this case make sense or how the investigation itself initially was botched. Regardless of what you may think personally about the attorneys' motives or anything else, a blind mind could see that this case from the very beginning was wrought with missteps/mishaps...even down to NOT closing the school and sending the kids home immediately after finding a dead body on the school campus...but I guess it was such an non-extraordinary incident, that is finding a dead body on campus during school hours that it would not warrant sending the kids home and closing the school for the remainder of the day. Oh, and one last point...it's ironic how you would think that a national news channel such as CNN would not at this juncture have done its research in getting to the bottom of this story.
Silly wrote:
<quoted text>. NO you should not and here's why which has been explained to the family AND the CNN reporters: the cameras do not record continuous footage like a movie camera, they take a series of still photographs in 5-10 second intervals ( I don't know the exact interval) which means it often looks like a kid disappears from the cameras field of view, and the cameras have a distance range that doesn't cover the entire floor of the gym. There is no video of that corner. There aren't 40 cameras in the gym, there are 40 cameras throughout the school. There are 4 cameras at the entrance of gym, 2 outside the locker rooms, and maybe 4 more at the back door and 4 more outside on the covered walkways out the back door. What was important to the PROFESSIONALS who investigated was that the cameras didn't record anyone come in the back door or out of the locker rooms in the 20 hours KJ was in the mat, nor do the cameras show any unrolling or rolling of a mat or any dragging of a body. But the family will never be satisfied, they will take every blank space in the footage and fill it with conspiratorial murderers and an entire school system helping to hide the identities of murderers who apparently knew exactly how to kill him in the five minutes between him coming in gym and the next class coming in and getting him into the mat before anyone saw them, even though miraculously they left no marks on his body from dragging him and cramming him down into a mat, they must have used giant pillows and then killed him when he was upside down so that the blood would pool vertically post mortem. Two dozen people supposedly hiding a murderer and these folks risking their careers, their retirement, and criminal prosecution followed by prison just to hide the identity of this alleged murderer and the only evidence that he was murdered is the non credible second pathologist. Apparently conspiracy theorists don't care how stupid they look.
Silly

Valdosta, GA

#8 Nov 8, 2013
JRad wrote:
The way Silly is attacking this poor family just because they want answers is just cruel. Does being upside down cause your head and face to be smashed in? We've all seen the pictures and we all can agree that any parents would be suspicious. The fact that so many people are attacking the Johnson family on reaffirms the rumors that racism is still a problem in Valdosta. It only fuels more speculation. Why are you so angry at the Johnson family when clearly they're child was a great kid and is now dead. Maybe Silly is part of the cover up.
. His face isn't smashed in. Even the second pathologist confirmed that face showed no signs of beating although he said right mandible showed blunt force trauma. It amazes me that people who are ignorant of medical forensics spend so much time proclaiming how they looked at a photograph of decomposed body and know the child was murdered. Then when the facts don't fit their conspiracy they claim everyone is part of the conspiracy. Conspiracy theorists are not rational.
Silly

Valdosta, GA

#9 Nov 8, 2013
logic wrote:
Apparently you don't care how ridiculous this investigation looks(starting from the very beginning) Several things that just astounds me about persons like you: Why/how would a 5'10 individual attempt to dive into a mat that is a certain diameter(that was less than the obvious width of his shoulders)for a shoe. I felt from the onset, the investigators explanation was ludicrous. I mean, I believe it suggests in some regard that persons like you would think KJ so idiotic that he'd dive into a mat to retrieve a shoe...I mean, what shoe? Some sort of golden encrusted shoe that had diamonds throughout the laces...I mean, just the mere suggestion that this child would do such a ridiculous thing and then on top of that, the lack of logic..wouldn't it make more sense that he would tip the mat over(not to mention the question of how he would have known that a shoe was in the bottom of the mat in the first place)..and was it just one shoe...where was the other alleged shoe and why would someone seek out just one shoe..You speak of how preposterous a conspiracy cover up would be...try asking your self if the cockamamie explanation for the cause of death in the initial stages of this case make sense or how the investigation itself initially was botched. Regardless of what you may think personally about the attorneys' motives or anything else, a blind mind could see that this case from the very beginning was wrought with missteps/mishaps...even down to NOT closing the school and sending the kids home immediately after finding a dead body on the school campus...but I guess it was such an non-extraordinary incident, that is finding a dead body on campus during school hours that it would not warrant sending the kids home and closing the school for the remainder of the day. Oh, and one last point...it's ironic how you would think that a national news channel such as CNN would not at this juncture have done its research in getting to the bottom of this story.
<quoted text>
. Why don't you research the medical literature on positional asphyxia before you claim to know more than the FORENSIC EXPERTS who have published their research in this field? It amazes me how so many ignoramuses in our country think they know more than medical doctors and forensic scientists just because they have access to a public forum to express their ignorance publicly.
think

Valdosta, GA

#10 Nov 8, 2013
JRAD ~ What is "cruel" is the way these attorneys, who are only out for their pocket books, are stringing the family along just to get more money. They will shred Valdosta to pieces and leave us to put it back together. I feel great sympathy for the Johnson family. My son was friends with KJ since middle school. He was well liked from BOTH black and white students. This is NOT about race. Was never a cover up. CNN is only releasing bits of evidence or hear say to fit their rating agenda. The attorneys are making inflammatory remarks every day to keep the conspiracy theory going. Sadly, you are witnessing the death of a community also....
TOAD Armstrong

Valdosta, GA

#12 Nov 8, 2013
Oasis wrote:
Well, Hell, this time-frame is worthless anyway.
Where is this camera's video of KJ walking into the gym following the hallway video. You know, when he heads to the mats and climbs in to retrieve his shoe.
We should be able to follow him all the way into the corner of the gym on the day he did it. Right? Out of focus or not.
I submit that Jesus Christ has already been submitted to them.
Honestly, would either of you be satisfied?
OASIS,

Simply let Mr.Moore with the Department of Justice and the FBI do their jobs. Let the FBI check out all of the videos.

The Family and Lawyers wanted the FBI/DOJ to come to Valdosta. Now...not so much. Why?
Lee Roy

Valdosta, GA

#13 Nov 8, 2013
JRad wrote:
His right jaw was had a laceration down to the bone and it was determined that he died of a heart attack due to blunt force trauma to the right jaw and neck. Seems pretty obvious to me. I'm just letting you know where you stand Silly and Think, your on the wrong side here. I'm white, and you ignorant, southern, racist whites are giving our whole race a bad name. I bet you think you're a Christian too yet here you are mocking this family after the death of their child. By blocking this family's right to ask questions your just simply saying they don't deserve fair treatment, almost like your saying he deserved to die. Why? Why are you so happy he's dead and why do you not want his family to get answers? It doesn't affect you but you clearly have a problem with it. Hmm, not that hard to figure out, BIGGOT.
JRAD, A "BIGGOT" what a joke you are.

For some time now the Johnson Family and their Lawyers have said a
"Cover Up" has taken place. And, area Law Enforcement, GBI, and Coroner are
inept. Even though they say this they file a petition for a Coroner's
Inquest. Who will be the Coroner? The same Coroner they say to be inept
...WOW.

Some time back the family goes to DC to see Mr. Holder at the Department of
Justice. They demanded that the DOJ start a new investigation. On and on the
Family and their Lawyers demanded a new investigation by the DOJ. They hire
a P.I. and the P.I. does his thing and turns in his report to Mr. Moore at
the DOJ. All demanding a new DOJ investigation.

A few days back Mr. Moore of the DOJ gets on TV and grants the Johnson's and
Lawyers their wish. A new DOJ investigation that would include the FBI. WOW!
This investigation would be backed by big bucks from the U.S.A. No stone
left unturned. The FBI is very good at what they do.

Comes now the Judge stayed their Coroner's Inquest Petition. Judge saying,
"We welcome the U.S. Attorney's review of the matter; and given the facts
that the U.S. Attorney seeks to answer the same questions that would be
brought before the coroner, we feel that it is prudent for the U.S. Attorney
to finish the investigation,". Being the Family and Lawyers thought the
Coroner to be inept one would think the Judge's ruling would be a good thing
for the Johnson Family. As they would have a better chance to find the
truth. Not so fast.... Lawyer Crump says he will appeal the Judge's order.
DO WHAT??? Are they now saying they want this inept Coroner's findings over
that of the DOJ? A six member jury to say what they THINK happen over
getting the truth of what happen?

The Lawyer, C.B. King, an attorney for the Johnsons, said the family is
"suspicious" of the video and will have their own experts look through the
footage. Have their own experts look at the video footage...OK? If the DOJ
and FBI comes in, and they are, could not the FBI send the video to their
labs and have it tested to see if they have been tampered with? And the
cost would be on the FBI and not the Johnson Family.

Let the FBI do their jobs. We will see who is a "BIGGOT". We will see if the Family wants answers.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#15 Nov 8, 2013
TOAD Armstrong or Lee Roy of VALDOSTA, GA

What ever came of the indictment or conviction of Darien Meheux in the death of Jasmine Benjamin which occurred at Valdosta State University in Nov, 2012?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#16 Nov 8, 2013
* or " think"......my question is to any person here who is close to Valdosta happenings.
Silly

Valdosta, GA

#17 Nov 8, 2013
JRad wrote:
You offered no defense towards being a BIGGOT, idiot.
.

It's obvious who is and is not a bigot.
JRad

North Kingstown, RI

#18 Nov 8, 2013
Lee Roy, you're not offering any defense for your opinions. Your just criticizing everything the Johnson family has done and only listening to the facts you'd like to hear. If I didn't know any better I'd say you have some type of connection to the law enforcement.
Lee Roy

Valdosta, GA

#19 Nov 8, 2013
JRad wrote:
You offered no defense towards being a BIGGOT, idiot.
Let the FBI do their job and you will have you answer. You must like the word "IDIOT".
Lee Roy

Valdosta, GA

#20 Nov 8, 2013
Rambler wrote:
TOAD Armstrong or Lee Roy of VALDOSTA, GA
What ever came of the indictment or conviction of Darien Meheux in the death of Jasmine Benjamin which occurred at Valdosta State University in Nov, 2012?
Rambler, look it up.. http://valdostadailytimes.com/statenews
JRad

North Kingstown, RI

#21 Nov 8, 2013
Lee Roy, let the FBI do their job and you will have your answer.
Silly

Valdosta, GA

#22 Nov 8, 2013
JRad wrote:
His right jaw was had a laceration down to the bone and it was determined that he died of a heart attack due to blunt force trauma to the right jaw and neck. Seems pretty obvious to me. I'm just letting you know where you stand Silly and Think, your on the wrong side here. I'm white, and you ignorant, southern, racist whites are giving our whole race a bad name. I bet you think you're a Christian too yet here you are mocking this family after the death of their child. By blocking this family's right to ask questions your just simply saying they don't deserve fair treatment, almost like your saying he deserved to die. Why? Why are you so happy he's dead and why do you not want his family to get answers? It doesn't affect you but you clearly have a problem with it. Hmm, not that hard to figure out, BIGGOT.
Just research a few things before you spout idiocy.

Look into Reverend Floyd Rose, president of Valdosta chapter of SCLC, because he does not believe there was a cover up, AND he is black, AND he put together a $10,000 reward because the FAMILY, although they raised nearly $5,000 at the Al Sharpton rally, and were urged to set up a reward, DID NOT DO SO. And who's the angriest man in Valdosta over the SCLC reward? None other than Kenneth Johnson, the father of Kendrick. Then you need to research Valdosta Daily Times article on Leigh Touchton, who was elected four times to presidency of Valdosta NAACP, who not only doesn't believe there was a cover up, she also doesn't believe there was a murder. She says someone claiming to be part of the Johnson family called her up and tried to pay her to keep silent. She is the first white woman to lead an NAACP branch. Neither rev Rose nor Mrs Touchton have been accused of being bigots, except by the Conspiracy theorists. And you apparently.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowndes County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Valdosta FBI Agent and Wife Suing Ebony Magazin... Oct '14 amanda 10
Valdosta murder victim identified by VPD Aug '14 faketony 2
Activists: State should end all Confederate mem... Aug '14 NeoNazi1991 218
Army general fined, reprimanded in sex case (Mar '14) Jun '14 zio-narcissism 4
Paramedic report comes to light in Kendrick Joh... (May '13) Mar '14 JRad 58
Police: Ga. Teen Dies After Getting Stuck Upsid... (Jan '13) Mar '14 JRad 26
Expert Calls Surveillance Tape Of Kendrick John... (Nov '13) Jan '14 Bee Touchbum 59

Lowndes County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE