Fluvanna, Louisa Water Project Crumbles

Fluvanna, Louisa Water Project Crumbles

There are 27 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Aug 16, 2010, titled Fluvanna, Louisa Water Project Crumbles. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

A pipeline project between Louisa and Fluvanna counties is now dead in the water.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Stuck in the past

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Aug 16, 2010
If not for the small businesses surrounding Lake Monticello and the few in Fork Union, Fluvanna would be the worst backwater...pun intended...in Virginia. The board of indecision strikes again. Sometimes you need to spend money to make money. It's 2010 not 1910! Louisa's GDP has risen 30 percent since the Zion Crossroads development. Sheer idiocy! Very impressed by the way with Louisa's county administrator. He has a set.
Game Over

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Aug 16, 2010
And with that folks Fluvanna dies a slow painful death. For all of you come heres that wanted that ridiculous high school, I hope you all have to file bankruptcy because of the burden you have placed on this county. Fluvanna will now be nothing but a bedroom community full of rooftops. Good job "rural preservationists" you just accomplished the direct opposite of your "mission". No landowners in their right mind will hold onto land in this godforsaken county. The entire Board of Supervisors should resign immediately. The first thing the new BOS should do is to fire the County Attorney. I personally hope Louisa comes right down Rt 15 and gets the water anyway and refuses to sell it to Fluvanna. And yes they can do this legally.
NUTS

Winter Park, FL

#3 Aug 16, 2010
Once again Fluvanna drops the ball. Spend my Fluvana taexs dollars well Louisa.
WOW

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Aug 16, 2010
Im sure they could have used that water on a few of the those fire's they had latley..... Just saying!
Reaper

Loretto, PA

#5 Aug 16, 2010
the chickens have come home to roost fluvanna bama
T fromTroy

Hiram, GA

#6 Aug 16, 2010
Just another slap in the face for Fluvannians.
The supervisors are so dumb, they think that all the growth is going to happen in Fork Union. This is so sad. It is a shame that Louisa County is already reaping the benefits of sound businesses coming to Zion Crossroads.
It wouldd be so nice to be able to go to a decent restaurant on the Fluvanna side instead of having to go to Richmond or Charlottesville. Shame on the administrators for letting us down again. I do not know how you face your neighbors.
Mike

United States

#7 Aug 16, 2010
Louisa should start pestering Goochland now that they have burned bridges with Fluvanna.

Or just build landfills, the best business in the world and they don't need water.

Trash = Cash.
joe

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Aug 16, 2010
Reaper wrote:
the chickens have come home to roost fluvanna bama
I guess this is Obama fault..........
Mike

United States

#9 Aug 16, 2010
Stuck in the past wrote:
If not for the small businesses surrounding Lake Monticello and the few in Fork Union, Fluvanna would be the worst backwater...pun intended...in Virginia. The board of indecision strikes again. Sometimes you need to spend money to make money. It's 2010 not 1910! Louisa's GDP has risen 30 percent since the Zion Crossroads development. Sheer idiocy! Very impressed by the way with Louisa's county administrator. He has a set.
Actually, Fluvanna was strong in 1910. The Virginia Air-Line Railway had just been completed. Palmyra and Fork Union were thriving. So maybe Fluvanna should act like it did in 1910...those were good days.
Want H20

North Garden, VA

#10 Aug 16, 2010
Please post the names of those leaders who voted against it in Fluvanna. I want to make sure my vote doesn't go their way again.

It is crazy that Fluvanna is so far behind the times that there is no water or sewage in major housing developments in the county.

These housing devlopments need fire hydrants to protect their lives and dwellings. Wake up Fluvanna Government! Maybe a few cuts could have been made in the new highschool. This all sounds like someones own personnal feelings or agenda was met, so this is payback.
Crozetbob

Macomb, MI

#11 Aug 17, 2010
Is the Charlottesville city council moonlighting out there in Fluvanna?
jeff-fluvannahok ie

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Aug 17, 2010
fluvanna drops the ball again, with out the water line fluvanna will die. time for the one's so called looking out for the people to go. fluvanna needs to come out of the dark ages.
A Lifetime Fluvanna Fluco

Piney River, VA

#14 Aug 17, 2010
Game Over wrote:
And with that folks Fluvanna dies a slow painful death. For all of you come heres that wanted that ridiculous high school, I hope you all have to file bankruptcy because of the burden you have placed on this county. Fluvanna will now be nothing but a bedroom community full of rooftops. Good job "rural preservationists" you just accomplished the direct opposite of your "mission". No landowners in their right mind will hold onto land in this godforsaken county. The entire Board of Supervisors should resign immediately. The first thing the new BOS should do is to fire the County Attorney. I personally hope Louisa comes right down Rt 15 and gets the water anyway and refuses to sell it to Fluvanna. And yes they can do this legally.
I just want you to know that some of us Fluvannna residents do want to "hold on to our land" as it's a rarity nowadays to be able to possess acres of land. It's our place to preserve the rural community and promote agriculture. If it wasn't for farmland (not only in Fluvanna but throughout the state) where do you think your food would be coming from. You would be paying more than you do now. The farmers are beginning to be treated like the indians -- take our land. Well, Fluvanna is dear to many people who were born and raised here and I just wanted to let you know that some of us do intend on HOLDNG ON TO OUR LAND. If you live in Fluvanna and are so unhappy with the way things are then you're more than welcome to LEAVE and move SOMEWHERE ELSE. Thanks for letting me share my thoughts!
2010 - Lake Resident

United States

#15 Aug 17, 2010
Fluvanna dropped the ball - I am tired of paying for their mistakes. We need businesses in our county to help pay the taxes - we can have growth and still be able to preserve our community. Ever heard of the word compromise?! I like living in Fluvana County but we need to deal with reality. We need the water and we need the help from Louisa. What was the BOS thinking? You need to work coopertively with your neighbor not annoy or disappoint them!!!!!
Badnews

Warrenton, VA

#16 Aug 17, 2010
Fluvanna does not have a problem with Louisa covering and running EMS calls in their county,but want no part of helping Louisa.So the way I see it, everyone is suppose to help Fluvanna, but Fluvanna does not have to help anyone.
Observant

Chesterfield, MO

#17 Aug 17, 2010
WHAT A WASTE OF TIME WITH THEM...15 YRS IN THE PLANNING AND THEY HAVE TUCKED TAIL AND RUN...
Lifetime Fluco As Well

United States

#18 Aug 17, 2010
My family has been in this county for 200 years--yes, 200 years!!!! We loved this county then and we love this county now. For those of you throwing off on how Fluvanna drops the ball on things, yes, they do on some things. But have ANY of you gone down to Bremo lately (yes, that's Fluvanna for you Lake folks) and seen what the James looks like? The water level is so low the fish are kicking up dust! Oh that's right, you just drive over the Rivanna on your route to and from home. HAVE YOU LOOKED AT THAT LATELY?? That is what is feeding the James at Columbia. And yes, that's Fluvanna too but you probably don't know where that's at either. I understand Louisa needs water. But hell, so do the rivers. Those of us who enjoy fishing in them, swimming in them, and tubing in them appreciate what we have and don't want it destroyed any more than it already is!!
Fluco

Earlysville, VA

#19 Aug 17, 2010
Lifetime Fluco As Well wrote:
My family has been in this county for 200 years--yes, 200 years!!!! We loved this county then and we love this county now. For those of you throwing off on how Fluvanna drops the ball on things, yes, they do on some things. But have ANY of you gone down to Bremo lately (yes, that's Fluvanna for you Lake folks) and seen what the James looks like? The water level is so low the fish are kicking up dust! Oh that's right, you just drive over the Rivanna on your route to and from home. HAVE YOU LOOKED AT THAT LATELY?? That is what is feeding the James at Columbia. And yes, that's Fluvanna too but you probably don't know where that's at either. I understand Louisa needs water. But hell, so do the rivers. Those of us who enjoy fishing in them, swimming in them, and tubing in them appreciate what we have and don't want it destroyed any more than it already is!!
Sorry but the lake community only sees one thing. "PROPERTY VALUES" I doubt if 10% even know where the James river or Bremo is even located. The Rivanna is only good for one thing to them, a sewage dump.
Lifetime Fluco As Well

United States

#20 Aug 17, 2010
Fluco wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but the lake community only sees one thing. "PROPERTY VALUES" I doubt if 10% even know where the James river or Bremo is even located. The Rivanna is only good for one thing to them, a sewage dump.
You are so right!!!!!
A Lifetime Fluvanna Fluco

Piney River, VA

#21 Aug 17, 2010
Lifetime Fluco As Well wrote:
My family has been in this county for 200 years--yes, 200 years!!!! We loved this county then and we love this county now. For those of you throwing off on how Fluvanna drops the ball on things, yes, they do on some things. But have ANY of you gone down to Bremo lately (yes, that's Fluvanna for you Lake folks) and seen what the James looks like? The water level is so low the fish are kicking up dust! Oh that's right, you just drive over the Rivanna on your route to and from home. HAVE YOU LOOKED AT THAT LATELY?? That is what is feeding the James at Columbia. And yes, that's Fluvanna too but you probably don't know where that's at either. I understand Louisa needs water. But hell, so do the rivers. Those of us who enjoy fishing in them, swimming in them, and tubing in them appreciate what we have and don't want it destroyed any more than it already is!!
AMEN -- yes, people need to see these rivers and see just how low they are. The rivers don't have the water to supply Louisa -- they have their own water sources and have for many years -- they just don't want to tap them. I know of some very good water sources (ponds and lakes, springs, etc.) right at Zions Crossroads but the landowners are the ones holding back. They want to preserve their land and I admier them for that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisa County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fatal Tractor Trailer Accident on I-64 in Louisa (Dec '10) Aug '16 Ashley 19
News Lake Anna is sprouting (Apr '10) Feb '16 Trump 26
News Ontario Man Arrested For Soliciting in Louisa (Nov '10) Dec '15 Dateless Laval Po... 13
News Authorities Investigate Louisa County Murder (Jun '07) Jan '14 gorga sates 19
News One dead after single vehicle accident in Louisa (Aug '10) Sep '13 sam 8
News Louisa Mustang Preservation Raising Funds to Se... (May '13) Jul '13 LMP 5
News Charlottesville Company to Host 'Downtown Mile' (Jun '13) Jun '13 Eaglescout1984 1
More from around the web