Former fire chief convicted of embezz...

Former fire chief convicted of embezzlement

There are 21 comments on the Fredericksburg.com story from Jul 27, 2012, titled Former fire chief convicted of embezzlement. In it, Fredericksburg.com reports that:

A man who had served as chief of the Trevilians Volunteer Fire Department in Louisa County must pay the department back for money a judge ruled that he embezzled.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fredericksburg.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SailAway

Columbia, MD

#1 Jul 28, 2012
$559.45?? Please. How much did this cost the taxpayers of Louisa? This was a witch hunt, nothing more, nothing less. The county went looking for fly s$#t and found "something."
Mark is an admirable man, I hope he moves from the county and never looks back. He will always be in the crosshairs.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#2 Jul 30, 2012
Im sorry to say this man was on FB after his arrest selling all of his personal items and sold his home further more he took a plea agreement so how was railroaded and furthermore his brother-in-law is the one that turned him in.....
strange

Fredericksburg, VA

#3 Jul 31, 2012
^^
strange that you know all his business. You friends with him on facebook just to be nosy? Also he was probably selling all his personal items because they moved to a place that was mostly fully furnished. FURTHERMORE, I don't know HIM that well but know his family and the reason he probably took a plea agreement is because his family probably doesn't have thousands more dollars to spend on attorneys.
Just saying

Fredericksburg, VA

#4 Jul 31, 2012
klcrfa wrote:
Im sorry to say this man was on FB after his arrest selling all of his personal items and sold his home further more he took a plea agreement so how was railroaded and furthermore his brother-in-law is the one that turned him in.....
In MY opinion... If it was me in his situation and I have a family to provide for, I would do the same and try to sell my unnecessary stuff also. Good for him for putting his family first! Also in my opinion, I feel that he got screwed on this plea, if you recall a Police Sgt. in Richmond, VA actually stole in excess of $6000.00 dollars and for his plea received 6 mo all suspended time and 1 year good behavior. This guy is accused of misusing a bit over $500 and get 1 year all suspended and 3 years good behavior, am I the only one that sees a problem with this. Obviously there is a grudge of some type against this guy and I pray that god protects him and his family. As a administrator at a VOL Fire Dept, mishaps happen all the time, typically we take care of those "in house" and allow the person to rectify the problem. Being that his brother inlaw is "accused" of starting this thing, that makes things very interesting.... what really is going on ??

Location hidden

#5 Aug 1, 2012
Look the reality is he did break the law.... if you do the crime you do the time.....

Location hidden

#6 Aug 1, 2012
strange wrote:
^^
strange that you know all his business. You friends with him on facebook just to be nosy? Also he was probably selling all his personal items because they moved to a place that was mostly fully furnished. FURTHERMORE, I don't know HIM that well but know his family and the reason he probably took a plea agreement is because his family probably doesn't have thousands more dollars to spend on attorneys.
Actually I dont know all of his business but unless you are a minor court is public and so are court documents. BTW they reduced the charges and the judge set the amount of funds he had to repay. And NO we are not FB friends and they moved because they had to sell their hime too. The reality is he broke the law and put his family in a bad place. Why dont people see the reality no one did this to him he did it to himself.....
MY dad always told me if you will lie you will steal and if you will steal you will kill.......
strange

Fredericksburg, VA

#7 Aug 1, 2012
lol ok. Last time I checked, their house is still for sale. Keep stalking though. It makes you look pretty. At any rate, its just like anything else. Unless, you know the whole story, you know nothing. Maybe you should ask why hundreds of dollars were spent on groceries and tobacco for this so called "brother-in-law" from this so called "brother-in-laws" fire department debit card but its "ok" according to investigators because he is running calls. Keep your head up McGhee family although I'm sure you aren't reading this stuff because you probably have better things to do. You have to be one of the strongest families I've ever seen in my life and although a few crazies are obsessed with making you look bad, there are hundreds of Louisians who are by your side. Forget the rest. They just need to make themselves feel better.
judgemental

Derwood, MD

#8 Aug 1, 2012
klcrfa wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I dont know all of his business but unless you are a minor court is public and so are court documents. BTW they reduced the charges and the judge set the amount of funds he had to repay. And NO we are not FB friends and they moved because they had to sell their hime too. The reality is he broke the law and put his family in a bad place. Why dont people see the reality no one did this to him he did it to himself.....
MY dad always told me if you will lie you will steal and if you will steal you will kill.......
Are you perfect? Do you speed? If so, you are no different! Thats the problem with the world... people make mistakes, some intentional, some not. Bottom line it happens! I we as people should tend to our own affairs. This thing is done! Talking about it changes what. Sounds like you are a drama queen and strive for drama... get a life!
Pete

Columbia, MD

#9 Aug 2, 2012
klcrfa wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy crap, your dad actually said that? Did he regularly beat the snot out of you too?!
Pete

Columbia, MD

#10 Aug 2, 2012
Good Lord if the sheriff's dept. investigated every FD and rescue squad they wouldn't have time to catch the bad guys.

One thing fo 'sho if "someone" puts you in the
crosshairs you don't stand a chance to get out w/out a scratch.

My vote for what it's worth-Mr. McGhee was a dedicated man who some were jealous of.

My gut tells me his brother-in-law was under suspicion and HE sold his brother-n-law out. Shame on him!
brotherman

AOL

#11 Aug 2, 2012
Pete you be right.
They went after him because he was a black man in a white man's world.
They be another family in the Louisa fire and rescue and they are a lot worse than Mark but theys white so theys know no one is going to bother them.
Look at that fire and rescue board any brothers on it ?
Nope.
Any brothers in any boss roles at any firehouses ?
Nope.
If Mark was white he'd still be at the firehouse.
Yawl can say what you wants but its true and you knows it too.

Location hidden

#12 Aug 3, 2012
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy crap, your dad actually said that? Did he regularly beat the snot out of you too?!
No he never laid a hand on me... I respected him and he was a honest hardworking man.....
Just saying

Fredericksburg, VA

#13 Aug 3, 2012
klcrfa wrote:
<quoted text>
No he never laid a hand on me... I respected him and he was a honest hardworking man.....
"Judge not lest be judged" That's what you wrote in another post. So why don't you live the words you speak and go do some good in your community instead of worrying about Mark and his family.
truth

Washington, DC

#14 Aug 3, 2012
Brotherman.. You are right.. I have been debating on stating the same info. I know first hand of a rescue squad that bought a member a car to "help" him out. This same squad buys food for the rescue captains family (unsure if the squad knows this), the same people drive a unmarked squad vehicle to work in cville everyday. Talk about misuse, lets add up all of those misused funds. I say call a spaid a spaid. If they do this to mark they should do the same to all and investigate all departments to include to Sheriffs office.. do some drug test on your people!
SlimShady

Washington, DC

#15 Aug 9, 2012
truth wrote:
Brotherman.. You are right.. I have been debating on stating the same info. I know first hand of a rescue squad that bought a member a car to "help" him out. This same squad buys food for the rescue captains family (unsure if the squad knows this), the same people drive a unmarked squad vehicle to work in cville everyday. Talk about misuse, lets add up all of those misused funds. I say call a spade a spade. If they do this to mark they should do the same to all and investigate all departments to include to Sheriffs office.. do some drug test on your people!
You are spot on! We all know you are talking about the rescue squad in central Louisa, been going on for as long as the "M. Mafia" is in control.
All one has to look around and see the abuse on both the volunteer and career side of fire and ems.
Good Lord look at the new p/u truck the county bought for the 4th man in command. What a waste of taxpayers $$.
But when it comes to outfitting the career staff w/proper clothes to lay to rest one of their own recently, the staff had to turn to Henrico and the ladies of an auxiliery. Damn shame.
As far a Mr. McGhee, I wish him well. He was railroaded and we all know it.
right

Fredericksburg, VA

#16 Aug 11, 2012
SlimShady wrote:
<quoted text>
You are spot on! We all know you are talking about the rescue squad in central Louisa, been going on for as long as the "M. Mafia" is in control.
All one has to look around and see the abuse on both the volunteer and career side of fire and ems.
Good Lord look at the new p/u truck the county bought for the 4th man in command. What a waste of taxpayers $$.
But when it comes to outfitting the career staff w/proper clothes to lay to rest one of their own recently, the staff had to turn to Henrico and the ladies of an auxiliery. Damn shame.
As far a Mr. McGhee, I wish him well. He was railroaded and we all know it.
Once its all over, I hope the family will sue Louisa, Christian Goodwin, Philip VanSkike, the lady Joni who was the fire dept acct, and all the other "I'll cover your butt if you cover mine" losers of Louisa. They didnt like Mark because he had a way about him that could put them to shame. HE WAS ALSO NOT THE SAME COLOR! Trust me, I never pull the race card but I heard a previous board member say "we will take that "n word" down". He stood up with what he believed in and didnt let the sorry county waiver his beliefs. I find it funny that now they have untrained personnell living in a trailor behind said firehouse. Talk about wasting tax payers money!! If their family did move, good for them. A family with that much grace and class doesnt belong in this circle of alcoholic rednecks.
k9lawdog

Washington, DC

#17 Aug 11, 2012
From what I hear on the street, a suit is underway. I hope Mark bust them open. Also heard the accountant that handled the books is no longer with the firm... Funny stuff going on here people.

Location hidden

#18 Aug 11, 2012
judgemental wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you perfect? Do you speed? If so, you are no different! Thats the problem with the world... people make mistakes, some intentional, some not. Bottom line it happens! I we as people should tend to our own affairs. This thing is done! Talking about it changes what. Sounds like you are a drama queen and strive for drama... get a life!
This is true I am not perfect you got me.... LOL NO ONE IS..... BTW one day I had an emergency call and had to rush out to one of my properties when I arrived I noticed my tags were expired and an officer had to meet me there I davised the officer of my expired tags and told him he should write me a ticket even though it was an oversite the officer declined to.... So no Im not perfect but I do my best to do the rite thing..... If you knew me you could even ask Ashland Fortune he told me not too long ago if there were more parents like me and my husband we would not have the problems with our youth that also seem to be such a big problem these days....

Location hidden

#19 Aug 11, 2012
Just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
"Judge not lest be judged" That's what you wrote in another post. So why don't you live the words you speak and go do some good in your community instead of worrying about Mark and his family.
Im not judging him nor did he want to give a jury of his peers the opportunity To do so he took a plea. Im saying IF YOU DO THE CRIME YOU DO THE TIME.....
stupidity

Washington, DC

#20 Aug 12, 2012
klcrfa wrote:
<quoted text>
Im not judging him nor did he want to give a jury of his peers the opportunity To do so he took a plea. Im saying IF YOU DO THE CRIME YOU DO THE TIME.....
Having been through the court sys, he most likely took a plea so he wont go broke and to get iy over with. Obviously you dont know him or his family well. This man has been a public servant all his life, atleast 16 years I know of. He pulled triple duties fire, police, rescue who know what else. He and his family had, have and will always have my respect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisa County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fatal Tractor Trailer Accident on I-64 in Louisa (Dec '10) Aug 9 Ashley 19
News Lake Anna is sprouting (Apr '10) Feb '16 Trump 26
News Ontario Man Arrested For Soliciting in Louisa (Nov '10) Dec '15 Dateless Laval Po... 13
News Authorities Investigate Louisa County Murder (Jun '07) Jan '14 gorga sates 19
News One dead after single vehicle accident in Louisa (Aug '10) Sep '13 sam 8
News Louisa Mustang Preservation Raising Funds to Se... (May '13) Jul '13 LMP 5
News Charlottesville Company to Host 'Downtown Mile' (Jun '13) Jun '13 Eaglescout1984 1
More from around the web