Louisa Man Convicted on Pot Charges, ...

Louisa Man Convicted on Pot Charges, Faces Up to 30 Years - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, ...

There are 46 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Nov 30, 2011, titled Louisa Man Convicted on Pot Charges, Faces Up to 30 Years - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, .... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

A Louisa County man is facing up to 30 years in prison after being convicted Wednesday for growing hundreds of marijuana plants inside his garage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
MallWalker

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Nov 30, 2011
Bravo Law Enforcement ! Now you can go celebrate with a couple stiff drinks that are definitively worse for you than Mr. Turner's marijuana, but perfectly legal.
American

Richmond, VA

#2 Nov 30, 2011
So a nonviolent crime like this merits 30 years, but child abusers get a slap on the wrist? I don't get it.
sherryb

Harrisonburg, VA

#3 Nov 30, 2011
This is asinine! you are correct you can stab, run over, kill and violate somebody and the system turns a blind eye. To give him that long and barely give a murderer maybe 4 or 5 years.WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS SYSTEM!!!
Valley Farmer

Wytheville, VA

#4 Nov 30, 2011
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. What is this about a measly $10,000 fine? Take his house too!
County Resident

Raleigh, NC

#5 Nov 30, 2011
sherryb wrote:
This is asinine! you are correct you can stab, run over, kill and violate somebody and the system turns a blind eye. To give him that long and barely give a murderer maybe 4 or 5 years.WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS SYSTEM!!!
I don't know, but something definitely is. All of these drunk driving deaths and no one can stop it. How many fatal car accidents are attributed to marijuana? I thought so.
vladimir

Crozet, VA

#6 Nov 30, 2011
Funny, they lowered the time for the violent drug crack because it put too many of a certain kind in jail but for the nonviolent dope heads they want to throw the book at them.
RlaneT

Staunton, VA

#7 Nov 30, 2011
A person growing that mush pot wasn't just usinh, but he was selling. It's O.K. to mess himself up, but how about all the other people he is helping to get hooked. I say take him off the street, take his house and fine him all the can.I have seen too many people get started on drugs with pot. It is NOT harmless.
Scene enough

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Nov 30, 2011
The sheer volume of plants coupled with the intent to distribute, probably netted him the possibility of 30 years. Although, I do agree that murderers can get less. Both are illeal however, so don't do those things and you won't go to jail!
Scene enough

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Nov 30, 2011
Illegal, not illeal. Sorry.
Diane

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Nov 30, 2011
County Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, but something definitely is. All of these drunk driving deaths and no one can stop it. How many fatal car accidents are attributed to marijuana? I thought so.
Not nearly has many that are related to drunk driving deaths I bet.
2 sides

Crozet, VA

#11 Nov 30, 2011
vladimir wrote:
Funny, they lowered the time for the violent drug crack because it put too many of a certain kind in jail but for the nonviolent dope heads they want to throw the book at them.
Unnecessary comment. Yes there are a lot of young men in jail behind drugs and the reason for reducing sentencing is because they were getting way too much time for their crimes. Go molest a child and nothing happens. Sell drugs and they throw the book at you. Go figure. Anyone can see this man is only harming himself. Look at him!
Sanchez

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Nov 30, 2011
It is a total waste of tax dollars to prosecute and jail people over pot, is time to end prohibition and start collecting revenue from marijuana instead.
Daddy

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Nov 30, 2011
When will VA stop the madness? Does anyone know how much it will cost to incarcerate this man for 30yrs? All for growing a plant that should be legalized anyway. Someday the stupidity of VA's pot laws will be realized. What a waste of resources!
Grunt

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Nov 30, 2011
Job well done!!!
JBH

Harrisonburg, VA

#15 Nov 30, 2011
This is ridiculous. I'm not a drug-user myself but I think it's really silly to go after these sorts of operations. Hopefully, marijuana will be legalized soon... perhaps sooner for medical reasons.
GC Resident

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Nov 30, 2011
RlaneT wrote:
A person growing that mush pot wasn't just usinh, but he was selling. It's O.K. to mess himself up, but how about all the other people he is helping to get hooked. I say take him off the street, take his house and fine him all the can.I have seen too many people get started on drugs with pot. It is NOT harmless.
Actually most people start with cigerettes and beer. And I didn't know he was holding people down and making them buy it. Him, I'm old school, if you choose to do it, its on you and not on the person selling it. Should our goverment be held responsible for allowing pharmacutical companys sell their drugs?!?!?! Just saying, if the goverment can make money it is okay, but if they aren't getting their peace, then just make a law saying it is illegal. To many laws to avoid any more.
Irregular

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Nov 30, 2011
Micheal Jackson's doctor only got four years for manslaughter. How is growing weed a more serious crime?
vladimir

Crozet, VA

#18 Nov 30, 2011
Irregular wrote:
Micheal Jackson's doctor only got four years for manslaughter. How is growing weed a more serious crime?
DUI murders usaully get about 10 years, but then again someone selling drugs is cheating the government out of there taxes so they hammer them, cause money is more important than someones life to our government
Irregular

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Nov 30, 2011
It costs taxpayers more money for localities to track this stuff down and apprehend the growers. So we are losing the war on drugs. I see it being legalized a few generations from now. Prohibition in the 20's cost more to enforce. Legalizing alcohol took the thugs off the circuit and the same would apply here. Our localities are promoting drinking with all the new vineyards popping up and wine tastings, etc. Our society has lost control of alcohol consumption and will lose control of the war on drugs. Marijuana is the # 1 cash crop off the record in the USA.
vladimir

Crozet, VA

#20 Nov 30, 2011
Irregular wrote:
It costs taxpayers more money for localities to track this stuff down and apprehend the growers. So we are losing the war on drugs. I see it being legalized a few generations from now. Prohibition in the 20's cost more to enforce. Legalizing alcohol took the thugs off the circuit and the same would apply here. Our localities are promoting drinking with all the new vineyards popping up and wine tastings, etc. Our society has lost control of alcohol consumption and will lose control of the war on drugs. Marijuana is the # 1 cash crop off the record in the USA.
Drugs are a 500 billion dollar industry for the CIA that regulates who gets to bring it in. Job security, they help bring it in and then put you in prison for using it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisa County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fatal Tractor Trailer Accident on I-64 in Louisa (Dec '10) Aug 9 Ashley 19
News Lake Anna is sprouting (Apr '10) Feb '16 Trump 26
News Ontario Man Arrested For Soliciting in Louisa (Nov '10) Dec '15 Dateless Laval Po... 13
News Authorities Investigate Louisa County Murder (Jun '07) Jan '14 gorga sates 19
News One dead after single vehicle accident in Louisa (Aug '10) Sep '13 sam 8
News Louisa Mustang Preservation Raising Funds to Se... (May '13) Jul '13 LMP 5
News Charlottesville Company to Host 'Downtown Mile' (Jun '13) Jun '13 Eaglescout1984 1
More from around the web