Man Killed in Louisa Hunting Accident

Man Killed in Louisa Hunting Accident

There are 17 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jan 1, 2011, titled Man Killed in Louisa Hunting Accident. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

A 50-year-old man has been killed in what authorities are calling a hunting accident late Saturday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

jim2051

AOL

#1 Jan 1, 2011
Tragic accident.We pray for the family.
know where you shoot

Atlanta, GA

#2 Jan 1, 2011
Terribly sad, but completely preventable.
Just Mad

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Jan 1, 2011
Every accident in the world is "preventable" after the fact.
citizen

United States

#9 Jan 2, 2011
Compared to hunting driving a car is infinitely more dangerous when you compare the annual totals of the fatalities and injured.
Friend

Baltimore, MD

#11 Jan 3, 2011
I would like to offer my sincere heartfelt condolences to the family. This hits close to home because a good friend of mine knows this man an his family. In the past they have hunted together and even fished together. I am truly, truly sorry for your lose and hope that you have the strength to get through each day. Your family will be always in my prayers.
gosh

Crozet, VA

#12 Jan 3, 2011
sad for the family!
Colonel George Taylor

Loretto, PA

#13 Jan 3, 2011
There are no hunting "accidents" if everybody follows the rules. If someone gets shot, it is because either the victim or the shooter did something wrong. However, since this is Virginia, I am confident that no charges will be brought.
Colonel George Taylor

Loretto, PA

#14 Jan 3, 2011
citizen wrote:
Compared to hunting driving a car is infinitely more dangerous when you compare the annual totals of the fatalities and injured.
I doubt that. Especially when you consider the amount of time the average person spends in their car compared to the amount of time the average hunter spends in the woods.
tim

Alexandria, VA

#15 Jan 3, 2011
i was there when it happened it was sad!
true

United States

#16 Jan 3, 2011
I can only understand a riccochet bullet but never oh a deer bang BS
Sue Miller Clemmer

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Jan 3, 2011
Is this the Tim Hall that ownes Hilltop grocery years ago? Who was the friend that shot him. I am so sad about this & my prayers go out to the family & to the friend who shot Tim. What an awful traget thing to happen. I use to be Sue Sauveur & my ex husband Jimmy Sauveur hung out with Tim a lot.If I have the right one.
marksman

United States

#18 Jan 3, 2011
Colonel George Taylor wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that. Especially when you consider the amount of time the average person spends in their car compared to the amount of time the average hunter spends in the woods.
2250(average)automobile fatalities in Virginia in three years versus 3 (actual)hunting fatalities in three years.

62.5 per month automobile versus 0.3 per month of hunting season hunting.

Which means if hunting is more hazardous then less than 1 out of 189 (base on 8 million in population assuming everyone drives) people would have to hunt thus more than 42200 hunters needed (this year 256,000 deer were taken which at a hypothetical 3 deer for every hunter makes that 84000 hunters).

In conclusion hunting is safer than driving by at least a factor of 2. In other words get your facts together.
jim2051

AOL

#19 Jan 3, 2011
Colonel George Taylor wrote:
There are no hunting "accidents" if everybody follows the rules. If someone gets shot, it is because either the victim or the shooter did something wrong. However, since this is Virginia, I am confident that no charges will be brought.
Beg to differ sir.They will always happen. Thats why they are called accidents.We cant drive down the road without running into another vehicle and we can see all of them. In the woods it is alot different with so few. But as you say it should not happen if everyone is alert and following all the rules,but it does happen.Prayers to all involved!
Colonel George Taylor

Loretto, PA

#20 Jan 4, 2011
marksman wrote:
<quoted text>
In conclusion hunting is safer than driving by at least a factor of 2. In other words get your facts together.
According to the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries, there were nine hunting fatalaties in Virginia in fiscal 2009 alone. Perhaps you should get your own facts together before dispensing advice.
Colonel George Taylor

Loretto, PA

#21 Jan 4, 2011
Meant "fatalities." Me type bad.
P Williams

Mechanicsville, VA

#22 Jan 5, 2011
My family owns property adjacent to a hunt club in this same county. We have 2.4 miles of property line adjacent to their line and it is not safe to walk our own loging roads during season. We have hunters consistantly stand our property lines and shoot whatever direction the deer is in. We have prosecuted two for tresspassing but have witnessed buckshot fly in our direction numberous times. This type of accident will continue to happen as long as deer are hunted with dogs and buckshot.
Happy

United States

#23 Jan 7, 2011
I hope you're right P Williams and this continues to happen until they have killed each other without anyone else having to get involved. That type of hunting is moronic...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisa County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prison Officers Alone Aug '17 Prison Officers A... 1
News Lake Anna is sprouting (Apr '10) Jun '17 Goingtolakeanna 27
News Family of Teen Accused of Hitting Crowd with Ca... (May '11) Jan '17 Louisa10 19
News Fatal Tractor Trailer Accident on I-64 in Louisa (Dec '10) Aug '16 Ashley 19
News Ontario Man Arrested For Soliciting in Louisa (Nov '10) Dec '15 Dateless Laval Po... 13
News Authorities Investigate Louisa County Murder (Jun '07) Jan '14 gorga sates 19
News One dead after single vehicle accident in Louisa (Aug '10) Sep '13 sam 8
More from around the web