Obama Needs to Tie Immigration Polici...

Obama Needs to Tie Immigration Policies to Infrastructure Decisions

There are 4 comments on the news.prnewswire.com story from Jan 12, 2009, titled Obama Needs to Tie Immigration Policies to Infrastructure Decisions. In it, news.prnewswire.com reports that:

WASHINGTON , /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Obama Administration needs to seize the opportunity to add immigration policy to fiscal and monetary policies as tools for fixing a failed economy, according to Edwin ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.prnewswire.com.

Howicit

United States

#1 Jan 13, 2009
I live in California and know how true this statement is.

"Public schools are a prime example," Rubenstein says. "Although immigrants account for about 13% of the U.S. population, they are 21% of the school-age population. In California, 47% of the school-age population are immigrants or the children of immigrants. Some Los Angeles schools are so crowded that they have lengthened the time between classes to give students time to make their way through crowded halls. Los Angeles's school construction program is so massive that the Army Corps of Engineers was called in to manage it [$19 billion to construct 150 schools by 2012.]"
40% of our California budget ($50,000,000) is spent on education.

“are you bent over yet?”

Since: Jul 08

small town Iowa

#3 Jan 13, 2009
California welcomed 242,000 NEW immigrants just last year! Now,yes some are here because they took the correct steps to gain entry and want to become U.S. citizens. The rest of them and of course we have no idea how many of them jumped the fence or swam the Rio to ILLEGALLY gain entry into the U.S. American citizens are getting sick and tired of this. California has slipped into the toilet of America and Arnold can't understand why. Schools are suffering. America's infrastructure is suffering. Lets welcome some more of these ILLEGAL ALIENS and all their little gang banging friends over here Arnie! Heck you have the backing of the ACLU. Keep up the good work keeping America strong! PUKE!
Howicit

United States

#4 Jan 13, 2009
Howicit wrote:
When will they declare Open Season on illegal immigrants? I'm getting a twitchy trigger finger!
Wow, someone snagged my name and is posting stuff like this. Very slick move.
Howicit

United States

#5 Jan 13, 2009
Howicit wrote:
I live in California and know how true this statement is.
"Public schools are a prime example," Rubenstein says. "Although immigrants account for about 13% of the U.S. population, they are 21% of the school-age population. In California, 47% of the school-age population are immigrants or the children of immigrants. Some Los Angeles schools are so crowded that they have lengthened the time between classes to give students time to make their way through crowded halls. Los Angeles's school construction program is so massive that the Army Corps of Engineers was called in to manage it [$19 billion to construct 150 schools by 2012.]"
40% of our California budget ($50,000,000) is spent on education.
I was missing some zeros in that statement, it should have said ($50,000,000,000) Fifty BILLION. Not fifty million.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Loudoun County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fun Family Night in Purcellville Jun '17 LisaDBell 1
Virginia Primaries on June 13: Are you register... Mar '17 Kristin 1
News Couple's shocking racist 'tip' for waitress (Jan '17) Jan '17 Teyla 17
News Man shot puppy in self-defense, authorities say (Oct '16) Oct '16 AlexGeise 2
Loudoun County Criminal Mugshots and Arrests Re... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Olivia 2
News Hillary Clinton: Child care now costs more than... (May '16) May '16 Three Days 1
News Clinton launches general-election swing in Va. ... (May '16) May '16 Truth 73
More from around the web